User Tag List

Thread: "gotta love kd"

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

OR do you? Here is a thread for that family staple, KRAFT DINNER.

well, the other day i bought the kraft dinner, the whole wheat version with white cheddar. wow i thought. since i'm finding i can't tolerate white flour..i thought this would be perfect. and i love WHITE CHEDDAR. it rocks. i think cheesewhiz and yellow mac & cheese is those tan army guys melted down..(if you ever played green army men, u know what i mean), but that's another review.

So to be fair to kraft dinner..my mom overcooked it. (NOT I, I UNDERSTAND AL DENTE, means to the teeth..ie has some bite). mom hates her dentures so everything turns to mush when u arm her with a spoon.

so be careful not to overcook it if you decide to try it. this was done via stovetop. i tried cooking reg kd in microwave, AND WHATEVER THE INSTRUCTIONS TELL YOU ..DON'T. it's gross. buy the stuff made for the mic.

moving on! had 2 sets of directions. the "sensible" way, 1 tsp of non-hydrogenated margarine, or the "normal" way, 2 tsp of butter or margarine. o plz.. what happened to the good old days? i threw in 2 tsp non-hydrogenated margarine to be somewhere between sensible and normal. and the 1/4 c of milk..ok, so i admit it i did not use an actual measuring cup...

it wasn't runny so i knew i didn't add too much milk. but it did not taste like the usual white cheddar mac and cheese. kinda bland. the best white cheddar i ever had was the PC brand. this didn't even come close. i don't believe the wholewheat threw it off..i think it was the actual sauce.

but i love the idea of them using whole wheat. think i will flip them an email and complain about the sauce. maybe next time i'll see it with a label, "new and improved".

they are on the right track.

the stuff retails for .99c a box. comparable to the other special varities of kd. but no way does this stuff feed 4 ppl. not if it tastes like it's supposed to. 1 adult and 1 kid tops.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Via Rail

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I got some whole wheat KD in one of those variety packs a few months ago. I normally like whole wheat pasta but it just seemed odd in KD. The texture is off.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I don't think this KD is a healthy choice anyways. But Kudos to Kraft for trying.

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I prefer to eat KD myself when I have leftover veggies and meat (whatever kind) mixed in with real cheese(McLarens cheese in the red tub is good) I don't like that processed package stuff!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

if your not going to use the cheese, your better of making it from scratch then. and it would be so much better for you.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a whole case of this from work to test, it wasn't good at all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I cant eat this as I am allergic, but hubby gets a craving, so I make it for him. I cjecked out the ingredients, not bad for cheese in a box. He enjoyed it very much.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

my kids love it and i cant stand it. I you already know NSangel, the only one I like as well is the white cheddar!.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I totally agree that the texture is off with the whole wheat kd. I LOVE kd - YUM. If you want to make it healthier, throw in some veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I got some whole wheat KD in one of those variety packs a few months ago. I normally like whole wheat pasta but it just seemed odd in KD. The texture is off.

Thread Information