Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Any word on GC promotion?

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    They got rid of Plus memberships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Yes but there is no "official" announcement though. I'm still waiting for them to say the program is stopped for good.
    Exactly. "tweaks" that don't cause an uproar, they just make something fade away...

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    Sorry I was talking about the promo. You can't buy SDM cards get 8000 and then use them to buy Esso or something else and get another 8000 it was stated in the rules last year for this promo. The rest of the year I trust that you can do this just not with this promo.
    People can do whatever they want, whenever they want. They can buy gcs using gcs until they are blue in the face if they want. The SDM system does a good job of not awarding the bonus points without the need for anyone to police it.
    AshleyRobertson likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

You could in fact do this the first year. But last year they changed it. I don't see WHY its so wrong to buy $150 in SDM GC's and get your 1500 base points then use them to buy another $150 in other GC's if you want. Like someone else said its just like buying a gift card then using it to purchase your items. It almost seems like your telling us we aren't allowed to do something that most of us do on a weekly basis.
    Sorry I was talking about the promo. You can't buy SDM cards get 8000 and then use them to buy Esso or something else and get another 8000 it was stated in the rules last year for this promo. The rest of the year I trust that you can do this just not with this promo.
    lealgen likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

And since I KNOW your referring to me about the "doubling up coupons for VIB products" I'll respond. I was TOLD BY A MANAGER that its FINE TO DO if they are different upcs/barcodes on the vib coupons. I'm NOT pulling a fast one like you stated. And I only told others they could do it because I was told I could do it. If the manager had said no its not allowed then I wouldn't have done it and I certainly wouldn't have told anyone else to do it.

So please for the love of God get off your high horse and stop preaching morals to people. Its getting sickening at this point. I've tried to just not say anything but I'm totally tired of your holier then thou attitude about everything SDM. You don't have the authority to tell others on here what they can and can't do. If you don't like what people do..then don't say anything. Cause quite honestly no one cares about other people's opinions and they are going to do what they want to do regardless of what you or anyone else has to say about it.

You can make us all out to be monsters because we're smart but your not hurting my feelings talking your smack. You just make yourself look silly when you talk your smack and have absolutely no way to back it up.
    I am probably going to upset some people with what I am about to say and I am sorry. I don't think that it is right for people to try and do things that are not permitted like buy gc's with a gc. Everyones know that the policy is NO. It doesn't matter if you can get away with it you know it is wrong. With all the problems we have been having with SDM I don't understand why people are still trying to get away with stuff. Not only with this there are people telling others they can double up coupons for vib products and just because one person can get away with doesn't mean you should be telling others to do as well. Cashiers and manager would be alot more friendly if people are not always trying to pull a fast one.

I do apoligize if I have offended anyone as that is not my intention. I know there are alot of new people that are just learning how to coupon and how to get points and they shouldn't be reading about ways to buck the system. We can't stop people from trying to be sneaky and get away with things they shouldn't be but, it would be best if you kept it to yourself. I have been reading a few posts where people say they wouldn't let me do this or that and they are mad because so and so posted they got away with so why can't I, and they stand and argue with cashiers and managers and they are in the wrong themselves. So please can we all try our best to follow the rules and teach others the same.
    Miss Molly likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So you feel that shoppers should allow you to buy 2 SDM gc's and get 8000 promo points and then use those to buy 2 Esso gcs and give you another 8000 pts. This thread is about the Gift Card Promo of 8000 bonus pts when you purchase 2 gcs totalling 150.00, not about the base points. I agree that it is fine to purchase sdm gift cards and then using them to pay for other stuff. BUT this is about the GIFT CARD PROMO.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    You could in fact do this the first year. But last year they changed it. I don't see WHY its so wrong to buy $150 in SDM GC's and get your 1500 base points then use them to buy another $150 in other GC's if you want. Like someone else said its just like buying a gift card then using it to purchase your items. It almost seems like your telling us we aren't allowed to do something that most of us do on a weekly basis.
    I think what Tabby40 means is you cant buy 150.00 in SDM gift cards and turn around and buy 150.00 in other cards and end up with 16000 pts for 150.00. She says nothing about buying SDM gift cards then purchasing items..shes referring to the promo as she as stated.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

You DO NOT get a 2nd set of 8000 BP! Other people have pointed that out as well. You buy $150 worth of SDM cards and get 1500 base points and 8000 BP. Then you use that $150 in GC's to buy $150 in Esso. You DO NOT get the 8000 pts on the Esso as SDM's computers DO NOT ALLOW it. So no one is taking advantage of anything.
    So you feel that shoppers should allow you to buy 2 SDM gc's and get 8000 promo points and then use those to buy 2 Esso gcs and give you another 8000 pts. This thread is about the Gift Card Promo of 8000 bonus pts when you purchase 2 gcs totalling 150.00, not about the base points. I agree that it is fine to purchase sdm gift cards and then using them to pay for other stuff. BUT this is about the GIFT CARD PROMO.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm NOT bashing anyone. I'm sticking up for myself and what she said about me. But thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong..but i dont think we are allowed to bash other SC'ers on this forum????

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Private messages - one way to keep drama off the forums.
    Also, the block feature, if you don't like someone, use it

Just thinking out loud here....
    FallenPixels and Tabby40 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'll say an apology to you and everyone else on here that has to see it. But I'm tired of being talked about by Tabby40 in her posts about what people shouldn't be doing..as she doesn't know what I do or don't do or what I've been told is allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    Private messages - one way to keep drama off the forums.
    Also, the block feature, if you don't like someone, use it

Just thinking out loud here....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Page 3 of the flyers!!!:D All the words!!!
    FallenPixels and couponer2 like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Page 3 of the flyers!!!:D All the words!!!
    What?! lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ok, they're doing this promotion this year again from Nov 10-16
    2shopmom, bonfire, Tabby40 and 1 others like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when r the points added

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    something stupid like 80% of Canadian women have a card.
    hmmh.... or is it more like 26.6% of Canadian women have 3 cards..... .....
    peachies likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information