User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Zellers Northgate Mall close out!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

So I thought I would start a thread where we could keep each other in the loop about what is going on down there. I personally havent been in since they first went into clearance mode. What % are they down to???

Also heard that March or so Vic Square is suppose to start closing out too!
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thanks for making a thread, I don't get down there too often either and was very curious ... hope someone knows more!
    scbpooh likes this.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I am going to make a stop in the big city maybe this weekend, I definitely will be checking out Zellers close out.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I did some recon ('cause I'm nosey and hate the idea of missing a potentially good sale, LOL!) ... IMO, not really great deals for a two hour bus ride this morning there and back - because I bought items at better prices before the official closeout that are back up in price. However, I took some photos and will have more details when I get home later. I am in between positions at the university but will provide info for those who are curious about my detective work ... and Hi SCBPOOH!! It has been a while!

{EDIT} I don't mean to say that there is not the potential to find good deals, I just wasn't impressed with what I found for sales.
    Last edited by sassypants; Thu, Nov 15th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    scbpooh and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

So, here's the scoop. A pic of the first sale sign I saw when walking into the store ...

HOWEVER, much of the sale items seem to be around 20% off the regular price (or randomly placed lowest sale price) ... the store is the most 'organized' I have seen in that everything has a price and sale prices are clearly marked, with a breakdown sheet of what the regular and sale prices would be from $1.00 items to $70 items or so - and the scanners show the regular and sale prices too. If you are looking for something specific you need to tour around because some items are randomly placed ... ie: razors are in the electonic section. The sale seems to be better for used store merchandise such as racks and binders and such.

This is a sample of store sale 'organization' ...

... sorry the pics are HUGE - but I took them incognito with my phone and wanted to show the details of pricing ...
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Sassypants. If I go to town, I will probably stop by. Socks and undies are what I would be looking at here, special prices on other stuff I would be open to.

Swimwear is 50% off. Did you happen to notice what half is off? (joke)

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Thanks Sassypants. If I go to town, I will probably stop by. Socks and undies are what I would be looking at here, special prices on other stuff I would be open to.

Swimwear is 50% off. Did you happen to notice what half is off? (joke)
    You are welcome ... and LOL - Too cute!
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I was a northgate zellers today. I found a few deals. carton greeting cards / bday stuff 50 % off. pick up several bday cards for cheap. Also crayola (marker, crayons and color sets) is 50 % off. A lot of the stuff isnt good sale yet. But im find the prices r quite high before sale price and most , if not all things now have a white sticker price on them. Makeup was 50% off but all picked threw. I didnt walk around the whole store but this is what i seen. Clothes r 30% off, but socks, bras and underwear is only 10% off. movies 20% off. They r suppose to be closed by Jan. Next month might have better sales. Sorry i didnt take any pics.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Socks and underwear only 10 percent off? Wow what was my reason for going to zellers wheni I visit the metropolis this week. I think I will skip for now. Thanks!!,

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I took a walk through again ... not much has changed. Oh, and I don't like the secutiry guards who now are stationed at the doors to riffle through your bags and receipts ... ick.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Just got back. Most things say 50-80% off. still a few things that are only 10-40 % But I got told Jan 14 will be the last day!
    sassypants and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! I have an apt in Regina on Jan 14! I'll see if there is anything I am interested that day. Yahoo and thanks!
    scbpooh likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Well made it down as I said I would, not much to say. Got down there about 1pm and the store was pretty much bare. Just the misc. nick nack crap left. I managed to spend $15 but mostly crap for the kids. The best deals I found were acouple of open stock plates. They were reg. $14.99 & 17.75 a peice! (from the Bay) and today I got them for $1.49 & $1.77, Stone wear so they are safe in the oven & microwave. a couple sleep shirts fro Zoe at $1 each. A few pairs of socks for Kayden at 30c each. A metal BPA free Deigo water bottle for Kayden for 99c reg $9.99, and a Justin Beiber day planner for the 2012-2013 school year. i know the year is half over but its BEIBER (as Zoe would say)!!!! Other than that mostly just crap they really didnt need. They were moving alot to the front saying it was already boughten so I dont know what was up with that. im sure they wont have enough garbage for the store to say open all the way till 6pm. I will be shocked if they do!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad I didn't go. When Target opens, I will be in Regina regularly. Yahoo!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I haven't checked out the Vic store since just after Christmas. It was the same deal - inflated prices (towels that were 50% off before Christmas were only 20%, etc) and not really any other good sales that I saw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information