User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We don't know either way .

So saying that there is a mega redemption is as much a rumour as saying that that it has been cancelled.

Unless we see the flyer or SDM confirmation , its a rumour both ways and not a fact .

If the OP's friend had said that there is a mega redemption on Dec. 1 ( there is no proof of that either or no confirmation of that either from SDM )..would people be making their sarcastic posts and making jokes ..I don't think so.

So need to do the same if the OP's friend is saying its cancelled.

I don't see anyone making fun of the OP or questioning the OP's source in the thread below ( although the OP is probably right )

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/321832-...t-year-canada/

But plenty making fun of the OP in this thread.

So , why the double standards and hypocriscy ?

I guess if its a positive rumour you are supposed to believe the OP blindly and get your pom pom's out and cheerlead , but if its a negative rumour you are supposed to slam the OP and make fun of the OP ? Is that how things work ?..lol

People need to grow up
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    We don't know either way .

So saying that there is a mega redemption is as much a rumour as saying that that it has been cancelled.

Unless we see the flyer or SDM confirmation , its a rumour both ways and not a fact .

If the OP's friend had said that there is a mega redemption on Dec. 1 ( there is no proof of that either or no confirmation of that either from SDM )..would people be making their sarcastic posts and making jokes ..I don't think so.

So need to do the same if the OP's friend is saying its cancelled.
    Thank you, I just know there are 1000 of people planing this event and they should know ahead of time that it is not a mega redemption

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i spent my points on a 3ds today so i'm good either way
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Went to Murale today and was told by a cosmetician that they will have mega Redemption this year on Dec 1, and as well on Nov 29-30 - together with a big 4th Anniversary Gala. So I will spend my points on gifts there...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doda View Post
    Went to Murale today and was told by a cosmetician that they will have mega Redemption this year on Dec 1, and as well on Nov 29-30 - together with a big 4th Anniversary Gala. So I will spend my points on gifts there...
    Cool ..I hope so too.

I hope no one makes fun of you for saying that ..the way they are making fun of the OP for saying the opposite.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    Thank you, I just know there are 1000 of people planing this event and they should know ahead of time that it is not a mega redemption
    If you are right ( I sincerely hope that you are not ) , don't expect anyone to Thank You , especially the ones making fun of you

In case your rumour is true ( hopefully not ) , thanks for the warning
    hcao and SimplifiedMommyTips like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Shoppers only incentive is their Rewards program, I really hope they don't mess with it too much.
    tjthemanto and Tbites like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

wouldn't be surprised wif they wouldn't do it,with all the trouble they had,with abusing chocolate and wipe offers,and people that redeemed FREE points for hundreds of dollars of stuff.
    anastasia1009 and peachies like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My friend works for SDM (he gets all the internal bulletins that get sent out from head office to all the stores). He confirmed the following:

- There are NO internal bulletins as of Saturday night saying that there WILL be Mega Redemption, nor that Mega Redemption is cancelled
    - Effective December 1, all stores will NO longer be accepting Amex as a form of payment. Memo specifically says "do not communicate this change to customers until further notice" and that they have cards to display in store, but also, not to display until further notice.
    - Next weeks promo is called "reveal your deal". Basically, you give them your email address, and you get $10 off your purchase of $50 or more.
    - This new "Personalized coupon email offer" is a pilot project for optimum members.
    - There is a bonus redemption coming up but specifically for oral hygiene products
    - Nov 26 - Nov 30, spend $50 get a $10 SDM Gift Card

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

thanks for the inside info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The__Rock View Post
    My friend works for SDM (he gets all the internal bulletins that get sent out from head office to all the stores). He confirmed the following:

- There are NO internal bulletins as of Saturday night saying that there WILL be Mega Redemption, nor that Mega Redemption is cancelled
    - Effective December 1, all stores will NO longer be accepting Amex as a form of payment. Memo specifically says "do not communicate this change to customers until further notice" and that they have cards to display in store, but also, not to display until further notice.
    - Next weeks promo is called "reveal your deal". Basically, you give them your email address, and you get $10 off your purchase of $50 or more.
    - This new "Personalized coupon email offer" is a pilot project for optimum members.
    - There is a bonus redemption coming up but specifically for oral hygiene products
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Just a Question...
    Aren't those this are THIS weeks offers...
    12000 pts = $20 Healthy Smile Event
    Mon ~ Thurs is get a $10 GC WUS $50

http://flyerservices.shoppersdrugmar...BannerName=SDM

Sorry the reason I'm asking is that last week at a local SDM they were offering a $10 GC for anyone who joined the program.
    By signing up instore
    Last edited by MakeCents?; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: **correction

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

now that's one less place I can use my Amex at ...lot of stores like Loblaws , Zellers , Freshco , No Frills , Food Basics , RCSS etc already don't accept Amex ..so add SDM to that list.

But I am not surprised SDM is doing that as Amex charges retailer's more fees and commissions for processing transactions than Visa/MC does .
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Our sdm has a sign out saying they won't be accepting Amex after dec 1.

j

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jueyela View Post
    A reader on my blog said that a friend of hers heard that Mega Redemption has been cancelled
    by head office this year and it will just be a regular spend your points event?!?!

Has anyone heard about this? Is there anyone on here that works for SDM that can confirm one way or the other?

Alot of people, including myself, who have been saving their points all year will be very upset if thtis is the case!
    Given that SDM itself never promised or advertised a Mega redemption for 2012 I don't see how people could be mad a at SDM if there isn't one. Personally I agree with many of the previous posters -- let's all calm down and see what Shoppers has in store for us. Right now there is a rumour of $300 redemption, a rumour that the $300 level is going to require a disproportionate number of points AND a rumour that there is no Mega redemption. Way too much drama...breathe people, breathe...
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you are right ( I sincerely hope that you are not ) , don't expect anyone to Thank You , especially the ones making fun of you ...
    I hope no one makes fun of you for saying that ..the way they are making fun of the OP for saying the opposite.
    This is just as much an attack on members as their comments
    Jezebel and tjthemanto like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information