User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thought I would share this post from facebook.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

im sure the Salvation Army would be more than helpful/happy with giving presents to her daughter - even Global TV has a toy drive (not sure what its called).... there are so many outlets out there that will assist parents who cannot afford gifts for their kids - hopefully she can reach out to them.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I originally left this up as it was a discussion about "these kinds of posts" and I know I have seen several on facebook, both in my friend feed and on SDMs page and given previous experiences, people do scam for points, coupons etc.

What a pity that we cannot discuss things reasonably anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by teverett View Post
    First of all, this "scammer" ya'll talking about is a very close friend of mine. In fact she lives just up the street from me. Her husband IS out west and IS NOT at a camp. He is staying with family. He DOES NOT get paid flights home, and WAS just home but only for FOUR days. Her and her family (husband and daughter) are actively involved in the Relay For Life and her daughter is known for her contributions to that charity.
    It makes me ill to read all these nasty comments about her and her family. All she wants is for her husband to be able to come home for Christmas (and it will cost them nearly $1500 for that to happen!) and to have a good Christmas for her daughter. Is that so hard to wrap your mind around?
    Maybe she shouldn't have asked for the points on the SDM Facebook page but who gives you the right to judge?
    Apart from the fact that asking could get her card deactivated for transfers from people she doesn't know, asking publicly will always start threads like this somewhere. It could have been any of the ones I read, some of who I do know personally and at least one is an SCer who I trust - either way, not sending points to anyone.
    Insane, gourmetsue, Poirot and 4 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired per numerous requests
    Insane and Tabby40 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I originally left this up as it was a discussion about "these kinds of posts" and I know I have seen several on facebook, both in my friend feed and on SDMs page and given previous experiences, people do scam for points, coupons etc.

What a pity that we cannot discuss things reasonably anymore.

Apart from the fact that asking could get her card deactivated for transfers from people she doesn't know, asking publicly will always start threads like this somewhere. It could have been any of the ones I read, some of who I do know personally and at least one is an SCer who I trust - either way, not sending points to anyone.
    Senders could even get their card cancelled too.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks Fallen.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope this thread will be deleted as it's horrible and immature for people to talk about someone else in the way they talked about me and my family!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

it has been deleted/expired
    dlushman likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It has now been locked too
    For those upset about the thread, reporting the fact the name was posted immediately would have solved a lot of problems. I removed the link to the persons FB page yesterday but I see several of you mentioned real names again after that. Simply posting that you disagree with the thread doesn't do anything but start more arguments. The report button works well or if its something you are not sure about, PM us
    scbpooh, Tabby40 and angel_2011 like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information