User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well said! Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by maksik View Post
    First of all,
    They had absolutely no right to name a person in the email sent to others. They also had no right to post a link to SC forum in their standart email whatsoever and especially before contacting SC first. They are representatives of a big company and finger-pointing is unacceptable. In fact, SC can sue POM for affecting it's public image. So can clarebear.

Even just appearing of the name of POM on this website was advertisement to them. I, for example, have never heard of POM before but after reading the initial post, got curious and when I was in the store, I actually noticed their juice on display and was planning to buy it next time I go grocery shopping for a month. And same with many other product that are getting posted here. They still get publicity. And a lot of people might actually continue buying it after trying. BUT NO, I WILL NEVER BUY POM anymore. Their behaivour is unacceptable! I will make sure to tell everybody I know about unprofessionalism and rude manners of POM and, trust me, a lot of people will listen. Like there are no althernatives to POM. ha!

to NSangel: read some other email examples actually mentioning a member of SC and the whole website of SC. Unacceptable

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glo_Majada View Post
    Is there a thread started anywhere of products and or companies which we decided were not favored places for SCers to shop at?
    Not that I'm aware of ...and I'm not sure that's a good idea.....first, we'd be giving them free publicity, good or bad.....and second, whether a person boycotts or not should always be a personal choice

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, it seems like the CSRs at POM really don't know how to do business. There was no need to get personal and nasty regarding coupon requests, nor was it at all necessary to point out this thread and the OP. Very petty and unprofessional.

I won't be buying POM. And I'll be sure to share this incident with my family and friends as well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read through all of that and I am sitting here in disgust... I can't fathom why POM would choose to be so ignorant to a customer(CB) who was only trying to do something good for others (AND their company!!) by "spreading the word"!!!

Any one of us would think a company would be "grateful/thankful" to any customer for doing so, because ultimately it is WORD OF MOUTH that brings more customers to a company...more customers, more sales, more business.... apparently POM has missed that lesson, and instead has probably run their sales into the ground with their horrible customer service.

I am SO glad to see so many of us standing behind CB, as she has really done NOTHING wrong. She definately does not deserve to be harrassed with rude e-mails, or have her name being mentioned/sent in e-mails sent to others.

if they could not have handled all the requests for FPC's, they should have/could have just simply stated such, and NOT been all rude about it and tried to blame someone who only was trying to bring promotion to their company/help us out by letting us know of the FPC's..

I for sure will NOT ever bother to purchase anything from POM and I will definately SPREAD THE WORD to anyone I want to about how their company chooses to handle "business".

Also, I hope they read all of these posts and realize that they lost SO many "customers/potential customers" because of themselves ...

Way to run a business POM !!! You'll be lucky to have any customers left after all of this drama!! And stop trying to blame it on an innocent person when it's YOUR COMPANY that should have handled it better!!!!

Shame SHAME!!!

SC'ers UNITE!! :D
    Last edited by sexymamma23; Wed, Nov 26th, 2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: name

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    Someone fill me in? i got lost in the drama. I did find the part about "truly no good deed goes unpunished" but how many emails has clarebear rec'd from the company and other than this snide remark which can be taken several ways, what was said? or is it classified?

1. i can understand spread the word to friends and family meaning tell them about POM does not mean post in a well viewed forum, here's the e-mail go get an fpc.

(clarebear..lurvs ya don't take offense, we know your only trying to help)

2. the company should have a standard polite reply. someone said something about them thanking them for info on our forum? wassup with that?? what info was shared? why???

3. if it got completely out of hand, they only had to ask boo to post something to the effect of, i'm sorry we can't handle the requests for fpc's at this time, and offer cents off, or something.

so ya i'm lost. i don't buy this stuff anyway. and i hate to see poor customer service, or harrassment of any form. one poorly worded email is not harrassment (still lurv ya clarebear).

so ya gotta fill me in on what i'm missing. i am trying to understand!
    The problem I had with it is how unprofessional they are about the whole thing. I sent my e-mail from my husband's account, there was absolutely nothing tying it to SC in any way and I got a response with a link to this thread. As far as they knew I was just a regular customer and they sent me a reply that basically said "go blame these people". If POM has an issue they should be taking it up with Boo or the mods and having it removed.

Clarebear mentioned emails in the plural sense and that she asked them to please stop which makes me think there was more than 1 and that they got worse than the original, which I agree could be taken more than one way.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

This is my email I just sent.

To the members of customer service at Pom Wonderful,

I would just like to say that after learning of the harassment that one of the members of smartcanucks.ca recieved from your company I will no longer be purchasing your products. The way you have gone about this whole situation is disgusting. You are suposed to be a large company, and as such you must have better policies and practices towards your ever faithful public. Sending harassing emails towards someone who is on a site that has thousands of views a day is not a way to get a good public image. Keep in mind that for every disapointed customer, five new people will be informed of a complaint. Seeing as how that one particular thread has been viewed over five thousand times, that is twenty-five-thousand people who have been informed of your bad practices. I know that many people are appauled by what you have done to one individual, even if they did cause "heartache" to your company. Just an FYI, most companies politely contact smartcanucks to ask that the information about a freebie can be removed, and send out a polite letter to all that request your coupons that they simply aren't available anymore. There is no need to slander one person's name because of your oversight. Shame on you.

Sincerly,
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wrote a email as well, and sent it off... For them to want you to buy their product, that is exactly what a company does they want your business... like did you forget to wear your head the day they decided to shame claire and post that on every email that they send out ... guess not.

It is ridiculous to me and to everyone else that has responded that some moron that was not exactly using his/ their head that day they cooked this up... Can I see a sacking in the near future you're damn right !!

Has anyone gotten a hold of like a higher up in the company, and maybe if more then one got emails dont delete them and send them off to like the president of the company for them to see what imbeciles thay have hired.. just a thought

Shame on them !!

http://serendipiter.wordpress.com- Come and check out my book blog I may have books to giveaway!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Just a thought. I went to the POM "Press Release" Section on the website and found where they have articles and ads published.

Since POM is based in the US, there might be a bigger impact sending emails with the magazines copied on the complaint (in case POM thinks we are a bunch of insignificant Canadians).

Here is a list of the magazines and their contact pages:
    Chatelaine - http://en.chatelaine.com/english/contact/index.jsp
    Marie Claire - https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/HR/MAR/MA...slogin=N&sid=2
    She Knows - http://www.sheknows.com/contact/
    Allure - http://www.allure.com/contact/contactus

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Jackpot!

Found the contact names for POM Wonderful - will post emails if I come across them:

Lynda Resnick
    Owner

Matt Tupper
    President

Joshua Rosenzweig
    Vice President / CFO

Amy Feldman
    Midwest Region Sales Manager

Here is the mailing address:
    POM Wonderful, LLC
    11444 W. Olympic Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    Last edited by alajen; Fri, Nov 21st, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Wow.
    I can not believe how ridiculous and unprofessional the POM company is being after reading this thread.
    Life has enough drama. I seriously don't expect it it when buying juice
    No POM for me.. or my family.
    How absurd.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'll never buy it Lmao but thanks for the free traffic POM you've made a huge negative impact on people who will buy your product.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

POM was my fav. Now for their behaviour they are losing me too !!!!

Bookworm
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never used POM before anyways. They seem to have terrible customer service. I agree, we should not buy their products. They were very immature and rude in this matter. I will never use their products again. I never liked their products before anyways. Smartcanucks, together we can show them what we're made up of!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am so sick of companies crying about getting free press and treating customers badly they end up hurting themselves will they ever learn??? the best publicity is word of mouth, people talk, they talk if its good but they talk even more when its bad, I have asked and told everyone I know about this, if they had gone about things in a nice way I wouldnt have said anything. just look at this site its the digital proof of that how dumb can they be ??? YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY !!!! POM NEEDS A BUSINESS 101 LESSON!!!!!!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I can't believe this is happening! This is absolutely ridiculous! I honestly will never try or buy their products after hearing this. If their customer service reps were smart enough to come here to check this forum and see who was 'spreading' the 'email to get coupons', then why aren't they smart enough to come back to see who is 'spreading' the words about their act? Honestly, I think emailing the customer service reps won't really do anything, we need to email somebody higher up like alajen suggested. Hopefully one of us can find their emails and the owner definately needs to hear this. The owner probably doesn't even know this is happening and probably thinks the lost of sales over the past week is just because of the economy or something like that. Clarebear, you really 'spread the word' this time! Good job and thanks!!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information