User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So I know a lot of you must have gotten this razor due to the Schick pins. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a pin, thanks to an SCer, and low and behold, they actually came! Took about 3 months. I was so excited, I have never used these razors before. I opened one up, and was surprised at how cheap it looked. But then, I guess the flimsiness of the head is so that the soap stuff can stay in line with the razor. So taking a closer look, it has 3 blades, that's pretty good, but the soap stuff looks like just that, a bar of soap. Not I don't know about the rest of the gals here on SC but I have used a bar of soap before when shaving my legs and it never turns out good. Ouch ouch ouch razor burnnnn!! You learn, and invest in shaving gel for a REASON. But I tried it, brand new razor remember, and did legs and underarms. I wet it a bit so it wouldn't be dry soap on my skin. It did an ok job, not as close of a shave as the Venus razor (5 blade one) with shave gel. Also, I had some nasty razor burn going on, the little soap part did not seem to do the trick in keeping my legs moisturized. I will use it again, but probably with shave gel. I'm not going to let a good razor go to waste!

PROS:
    Quicker than putting on shave gel
    Worked well for underarms
    Convienient for traveling - I will defibately use it to travel, since it was free I would just leave it behind when I was done.
    The razor part is made to stay in line with the soap bar, so as you use the soap up the razor moves back

CONS:
    Didn't give a close shave
    Got razor burn as a result
    Couldn't tell where I had shaved
    A little bulky in my hand, I like the smaller handles better
    Head does not pivot as much as Venus razors

These are about $10-12 new, and I don't think I would spend the money on it. It's not bad if you're in a hurry but be prepared for some dry skin afterwards. I will keep using it cause it was a freebie!!!

It gets 3/5
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

My mom got razor burn under her arms with it too, so you're not alone on that one
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I found that the soap part went down fairly quickly on one side so I did have to use shave gel after using the razor a few times. I also found that my legs were bumpy and after shaving they were itchy. I do have dry skin so maybe it wasn't as moisturizing as shave gel that I normally use. I'm not too pleased with them but will continue to use the few I have because I wouldn't want to waste them. I may toss the soapy part and use shave gel.

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I found that I needn't to use a few times then worked soso for my legs! I liked the moisturizing part, great for my underarms! Thank goodness it was Free, I wouldn't buy these. I much prefer the gillete embrace!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i actually loved this razor. i found it worked really well-shaved close, the "soap" worked just as good for me as shave jel and i actually get more shaves out of it than i thought i would. i havent tried any of my other freebie razors yet as i still have 2 of these razors so maybe i will like those others better but i am really happy with this one.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think these ones are ok but only for my legs armpits I got major razor burn and it was too big to get the whole area so I use my tiny razor for that, I hate not being able to tell where I shaved so its hard to tell and I usually end up missing patches cause I cant tell if I already did them or not oh and they don't give me razor burn either so thats good, the only time I do get razor burn is when the one side of the soap gets wore down to nothing and I'm trying to use it with just the top part left LOL but maybe will have to start using shaving gel when that happens
    I also like them because I dont cut myself with them, with our disposable razors we buy I always end up managing to cut the crap out of my knees

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ummm I'm still on the fence with this razor. I've kind of go back
    and forth with other ones.

BTW - anyone who HASN'T tried it, I have 2 codes to give away.
    Hopefully they are still valid but no harm in trying to get this freebie!
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i really liked the razors. one complaint though, they were way too big in my hand. i give them a 4/5

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i still haven't rec'd mine for the pin i submitted. but anxious to try them. i'm suffering with the venus ones.. oW..OW...OW..

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

oh ya I still have two codes to give out too if anyone still needed one I found them the other day when I was organizing my room found them still in the box with the razors

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate this razor..
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

Hm, I JUST tried mine for the first time... LOL ( okay I was waiting ). And really I dont like it. I dont think I will use it again. I get razor burn about half the time and this is the worse case I have had. As I type this my legs are stinging. I am unimpressed! The benefit was no gelling up the legs but like someone else said, the bar goes down fast on one side so I cant see using it often. I also dropped it in the shower and got really mad trying to put it back together right. Definetly not a good razor if you drop stuff in the shower ( LMAO )

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

It was an ok razor. Like in the above post it gave me razor burn under my arms but was great for legs. I did not like the fact the soap wore down so quick on one side. Found I could only use it 2-3 times at max. Great freebie but I'd never buy them. I love the venus. I also felt it was HUGE......and its very hard to get all the hair.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

ok, well i have to agree and disagree with hermoine on a few things.

yes they look extremely cheap. and wassup with pink, whnot mauve? they are bulky and unattractive.

and i thought the same thing, soap? why drying soap??? initially. but something told me to read the instructions. you have to wet the razor and keep the area wet as well! so it's great in the shower, but would be a pain in the tushy otherwise.

3 blades is standard, 4 or 5 woulda been better. the soap is actually cocoa butter i believe. and you have to press it while shaving according to the instructions.

i like the convience of it, no messing with the cans of shave gel, which i always use too much anyway. but these shavers are $14.99 each! omg. are they're refills? did i miss that in a post? i mean, i used it 4 x, the dang head fell off (yes it's flimsy), and i had a bit of a tuff time getting it back on.

but it is an improvment over that crazy razor that had the shave cream in the handle? nm, prolly before your time.

i had no nicks or cuts, or chafing, so all is good. but i did manage to miss spots which i learned i can just keep going back and forth instead of long smooth one way strokes. or am i just shaving wrong? LOL.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I absolutely love them.
    They don't give me razor burn like the venus does, and they come in MANY different colours, not just one.

I find there good on my underarms and legs, while too bulky for small spots they do the trick on most. I also gave pins to all my girlfriends and they too love them.

Perhaps its because I do it in the bath and soak my legs for 5-10 minutes, soak the razor for a couple of minutes then shave. I would never try doing it on dry legs, that equals disaster.

I do believe its recommended to soak your legs however your shaving
    Last edited by Sally888; Wed, Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information