User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was having dinner a family restaurant today with my parents. It was kind of late night dinner and a bunch of mid 20's roughly 15 of them come in to have dinner...there are guys and girls. There was mainly a few of them that were super loud when they talk...which I found was rude because I can't hear what my parents are talking about but then they started to swear a lot and then I was oh my god, we are at a family restaurant, there are kids around this place and even seniors and moms and dads with their families. I was almost to a point where I want to walk over there and just tell them to shut the f*ck up but I didn't. Not only did they not respect their own friends but they didn't respect anyone at that restaurant.

What would you do in that situation? Would you confront them about it? Knowing you were outnumbered by them?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I would talk to the restaurant manager and ask him to handle it. I'd mention that we eat there regularly because of the family atmosphere, but wouldn't want to go back if this type of thing was allowed to happen.

If things weren't resolved, and I hadn't ordered food yet, I would leave and go somewhere else.

Kids pick up things very quickly, and I wouldn't want my daughter learning that kind of behaviour.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with alajen, I would let a manager deal with it. I would change seats or leave if it was getting out of hand.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Id probablly go over and say something.. but i'd try to be nice about it, some people just don't think about what they're doing. If that didnt work i'd go talk to the manager/owner

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'd be cautious about talking to a group of rowdy people directly. Although any of them may be approachable as individuals, if one was put on the spot by some "nosy" person, he might act like an ass just so he doesn't lose face in front of his friends.

If it didn't work, and the manager got involved afterwards, you never know if they might decide to wait for you in the parking lot.

If I ran a restaurant, I would not want my business disrupted by a bunch of yahoos. Customers can get upset at a manager - it's his job to handle that. No need to spoil your evening because of some idiots.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My friend was telling me a story that happened at Denny's.
    There was a bunch of drunk guys that came in the restaurant that wanted to sit at a booth where there was already a bunch of people sitting already. The drunk guy got up to the booth and said, "hey i want to sit there, get out of the seat..." and then the group was like we were here first and stuff and push comes to shove ...finally the store manager came and just told the drunk bunch to leave and everyone went on with their meals...

Thread Information