• 6 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 4 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 3 Post By hollyquaiscer

Thread: Livid Walmart Kanata Fernbank

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was my blood boiling. I purchased 2 12 pack boxes of Majesta kleenex that is on sale. I had 2 $1 coupons. I get to the cash and the cashier says I can only use one. I said no I can use to, the coupons reads 1 coupon per purchase and I have two purchases. I tried to explain the difference between a purchase and a transaction but this could not register in her brain. So she goes and asks the customer service manager and comes back and says no, I have to do 2 transactions. I am guessing she thought I was stacking or something. Now I am livid. I use coupons all the time at Walmart and have never had this happen, aside from the fact I could have read a novel by the time she finished reading the coupon. Guess I am short tempered so off I go to speak with the store manager. Erin, a lovely young lady apologized and offered me a 10 voucher and said she would speak to her staff about their coupon policy. Fine, but I am still ticked...rant rant
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It is frustrating when the staff doesn't understand the coupon policy. I just try to stay calm and explain the situation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

If I happen to get a cashier who says I can only use one coupon because it says one coupon per purchase I just tell them "fine, I'll wait while you do 2,3,4,5 or whatever number of transactions. Usually they realize the end result is the same as if they did them all in one transaction but sometimes they end up doing individual transactions. Yes, it's annoying but I figure whatever it takes is fine with me.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I don't like that particular walmart at all actually. I'll go there to get butter when I need it as it's always $2.97, but I won't go there for anything else.

Their customer service is severely lacking with the majority of their employees, so if there is anything else I happen to need at walmart (which is seldom), I'll take my business to the Centrum.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I haven't had that problem at that location, but I do find that if I'm using coupons there, it is much slower than at the Centrum location because the cashiers don't totally seem to get it. I think in part it is with the store being new, they hired 200+ new staff all in one go and some just aren't learning as quickly.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had to get a prescription filled at Walmart tonight, only because it is close by. Anyway, that story is for another day. So I proceeded to the cash with 1 tube of Blistex and 1 coupon. Very simple right? The cashier asks me, if the coupon is for the one product I am purchasing. I said, well what does the coupon say?. She said Oh, I guess I should put my glasses on. It's no wonder my tolerance level is a zero.........rant rant

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had that problem before at one WM with a particular cashier who I try to avoid whenever possible.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I have found that if I let the cashier know that my coupon states "1 per customer" and that I am quite willing to wait while she rings them in separately that she will asks me how many I have and ring them all in together.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

They offered you a $10 GC?!?!? Oh man that would of changed my mind on how I felt about the experience. Now that would be customer service. I would love to get $10 store credit everytime a cashier gives me trouble. It rarely if ever happens at the WM I shop at because most of the cashier and managers are amazing and know me by now so they know they can't pull tricks but at lots of other grocery stores I go to I still get issues.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

The last 2 times I was at my Walmart (a switched over Zellers) they said they don't allow overages. How annoying - but not worth waiting for them to get a supervisor etc….. I asked her nicely to ask her manager about it the next time she sees them. She was quite adamant that she was right, and I'm quite sure she won't be asking…
    SOOOOOO annoying when you know the policies better than the staff.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savess View Post
    The last 2 times I was at my Walmart (a switched over Zellers) they said they don't allow overages. How annoying - but not worth waiting for them to get a supervisor etc….. I asked her nicely to ask her manager about it the next time she sees them. She was quite adamant that she was right, and I'm quite sure she won't be asking…
    SOOOOOO annoying when you know the policies better than the staff.
    Or you know how to enter price matches into their system better then the employees do .. story of my night. None of my fav cashiers or managers were working and idiot me managed to get the "new girl" who refused to listed to me tell her how to do it. After ten minutes of screwing everything up she finally listened to me and wouldn't ya know it?! I knew what I was doing! Gosh darn!
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's not worth getting that upset/angry about. You could have simply done 2 transactions, it would have been much quicker than waiting for the cashier to go speak to a manager. With the Christmas season here, stores are packed, cashiers are just trying to do their best, and the cashier obviously was not comfortable with her knowledge of the stores coupon policy.

Remeber, it's Christmas and the last think cashiers, supervisors and managers need are upset customers. I'm sure they've had their fill of "What a store, never anything is stock" "What part of the wording on that coupon don't you get" and so on.

My advise to anyone that still has to hit the stores before Christmas is to leave yourself plenty of time, relax and remember that the cashier who is checking you through is a person too.

Happy Holidays everyone
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information