User Tag List

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you are in the market for a high end vacuum cleaner that can do everything and last for years, this is definitely the one.

I had heard of these vacuums for several years and always hear very positive things about them. I was interested in possibly purchasing one but my old cyclone canister upright vacuum still worked somewhat and I wasn't sure if I could afford to buy one at that time.

Last Christmas my sister got one for Christmas and couldn't stop talking about it. She even loaded it out to friends for them to try. Six months ago my SIL buys one, raves about it and offers for me to try it (we live in the same city). I thought this would be the perfect way to try it out and if I really liked it, I would buy it knowing what it was like.

I dragged out my heavy cyclone canister upright vacuum and did all my floors (carpet and vinyl). They next day I tested out the Dyson and vacuumed all of the floors again. I waited until I was finished before I looked at the canister and was I extremely surprised how much the Dyson picked up. The canister was 1/2 full of dust and dirt that my vacuum missed. It was quite shocking and disgusting knowing that I still had that much dirt and dust in my floors! I was sold and bought the one pictured above.

Dysons can be purchaed from large department stores (I have seen them at Canadian Tire and Sears) or online at www.dyson.com
    If you can make it to the U.S. they are much cheaper there.

Pros:

• True to their word, it does not loose any suction
    • Comes with 3 on board attachments that will let you clean your entire house (they work great on baseboards and curtains)! Extra attachments can be purchased separately.
    • Has 2 lifetime HEPA filters, only one needs to be cleaned by the consumer just by running under warm water and it is easy to remove!
    • The power cord is very long
    • Empting the canister is effortless and does not cause any mess!
    • The hose can be used either with the handle wand or by itself with any of the attachments.
    • The hose is more than long enough to do stairs (which was a huge plus for me!)
    • The vacuum itself glides smoothly and doesn't take much effort to move it back and forth. It feels super light.
    • There are several models (slim, canister and upright) and colours to chose from.

CONS:

• It may be a bit heavy for some to lift
    • The initial cost may turn some off but this is an investment and will last for many years (I went through 3 cheap vacuums in 10 years).
    • They don't often go on sale but knowing how much they normally go for can help.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Sears

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for your input. Can you tell me f it's any good with corners , I mean picking up dirt in corners ?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yes it is! On each side there is a little tuft of bristles that allow you to get into baseboards and corners! A neat little extra.
    You can see it on the pic above... they are black.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If I may ask.... how much did you spend on this one and where did you purchase it from? I've seen Dysons ranging from $450-$700 in various places. I wouldn't mind buying one if I could find really good deal.

Thanks for the fab review...well worded!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I bought the one posted above at Target in the U.S. for $399 plus tax (MI has only one tax too).
    The same on here goes for $499 and up.
    I was able to buy it last year when the dollar was really good and I also had a $50 gift card.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by belle67 View Post
    I bought the one posted above at Target in the U.S. for $399 plus tax (MI has only one tax too).
    The same on here goes for $499 and up.
    I was able to buy it last year when the dollar was really good and I also had a $50 gift card.

$100 dollars cheaper eh? Nice find. I'm going to Florida this year so maybe I'll be lucky and find a good deal while I'm there....& hopefully our dollar goes up so I'll get a better exchange rate!

Thanks!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I have a Dryson Stowaway canister and this will be the last vacume I ever have because it ROCKS...with a golden retriever and two hairy cats,this vacume NEVER looses suction.It picks up not only dirt but fine dust particles and everything else you cant see (but know is there)

Its great on carpets and bare floors.I got the canister,because I liked being able to use the floor brush,its easy to use,easy to clean and store..

The filter can be used for a long time,you just pop it out,wash it,dry it and reuse...it lasts at least 6 months and replacements are only $25...The canister cleans out easily with soap and water

I cannot say enough abouy my dyson..its that fantastic!

My dyson was $550,but it was a gift from inlaws for easter last year
    Dog's don't care if you are rich or poor,smart or dumb,just give them your heart and they will give you theirs

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

For an even easier vacumming experience, try the Dyson Ball. My boyfriend surprised me with one for christmas and it is by far the easiest vacuum I have every used. Never loses suction even with my boyfriends streaks of hair leaving, carpet rubbing, long haired black cat and my two chihuahuas.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

We have the Dyson Pet Vac, the big purple one,not the one with the ball. I have 4 indoor longhaired cats and 1 longhaired Dachshund, as well as 4 kids. There is vacuuming done in my home 2x day. This was the best $649.00 we ever spent. I used to go through a vacuum cleaner $150-200 dollar range once a year. I have had my Dyson over 1 year now and it is LIKE NEW...as stated, never loses suction, and is bagless which is nice, has a HEPA filter that can be washed which is great. We bought it at Sears. I recommend if you can afford it, BUY IT. You'll never regret it. PS: We use it on carpet, lino, tile, and for sucking cobwebs off everything including ceiling fans and even cleaning out the boat carpet and the cars...attachements are great, not cheaply made. Dyson also has the best guarantee(Lifetime I think on the suction power)

Thread Information