User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Overheard walmart cashiers and front end supervisor talking about me

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I know how you feel the same happen to me at the dollar store I was going in with may small child and the a guy who work there was following me because you can feel when somebody is behind you and turn and I ask him why are you following us and he is like I have to make sure you're not shoplifting so I was like excuseme I am a customer who came to shop and I am not a thief and he is like ohh is manarger's order to follow every customers that comes in so to make it short I was so upset and told I am taking my bussiness somerelse and I leave my son toy and walk away so don't worry there are people in this world that are stupid and they don't have nothing to do then just talk about people

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

at my work, we are not allowed to accuse people of shop lifting, we're supposed to offer 'excellent customer service' by following them around asking if they need any help.
    The idea is that we let them know we're onto them without actually saying anything lol.
    My boss says people who come in and don't buy anything are opportunists and if they dont see any employees walking around they're more likely to steal.

which I don't necessarily agree with as I go into store without buying anything all the time.. especially when I'm looking for coupons! lol
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had staff 'shadow' me at SDM when I'm shopping...guess I must look suspicious digging around in my purse for my coupons.Its hard not to be offended and I was a bit however, I do understand they have to keep an eye out for shoplifting but they absolutely should NOT be gossiping about customers.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    tiffanyhungry likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I feel for you tiffany - it's a real shock to be treated as a thief. I'm pretty paranoid about that kind of stuff, so whenever I go in to a store now, I stop right in front of a camera, take out my coupon envelope, ostentatiously close/zip my bag, and go about my business. I've only been questioned once, and was able to quite enjoy saying "If you'll look at your tapes, you'll see that I haven't opened my bag since I walked through the door. But if you'd like to look inside it, be my guest."

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I also work in a grocery store (metro) and if we were to ever disrespect a customer like this we would be fired. Sadly my walmart has many(not all) rude cashiers but the way the cashiers were smirking at me and glaring at me and being rude is unacceptable. All I did was smile. I am contacting walmart and will let you know as to what happens.

1) my location wont let me stay in line and do more then one transaction they need me to leave the store and come back in was what I was told last time I tried that one.

2) they know Im one of the only couponers in my small town of 14,000 lol they have seen me in there many times especially this cashier who had the biggest problem with me and asked me to go to another cash and I am in there on a daily basis shopping. At this locations people have huffed and puffed because they need to write their till number etc on each and every coupon and have become very frustrated with me I always try to joke it off and make them smile

3) I just feel as though there are a few people at my location who are rude and have been rude to other customers and knowing from working at customer service in Metro-- the customer is the most important thing and to be polite and ask them for help (specifically if we think they may be stealing but we can not follow or accuse them)

I do love walmart but this specific walmart it very upsetting. Such a shame ..
    “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live”. Mark Twain.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhungry View Post
    I also work in a grocery store (metro) and if we were to ever disrespect a customer like this we would be fired. Sadly my walmart has many(not all) rude cashiers but the way the cashiers were smirking at me and glaring at me and being rude is unacceptable. All I did was smile. I am contacting walmart and will let you know as to what happens.
    Ahhh, so you are a cashier too. Then this is easy for you. You know how to schmooze them. Make some friends with the Walmart cashiers. If not all of them, you can pick your favourites.

C'mon OP. You know how to turn this around -- in your favour. Start the smooozing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Defamation of character, this could be a legal issue. I would contact head office with all the particulars.
    GoddessDigi and eggroll like this.

Trading Score
    412 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    Defamation of character, this could be a legal issue. I would contact head office with all the particulars.
    Yeah. I think head office will have a serious problem with a cashier refusing to serve you. And how she moved on to the customer after you, that just screams rude!
    GoddessDigi likes this.
    Quickly & Easily Earn FREE $$ or Giftcards with Swagbucks.com

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to admit I have gotten a number of looks when I walk into a store with my coupon bag (I use a large re useable bag which carries my coupons, my clipboard and all of my re usebale bag. It surprises me this would happen in a small town, I know when I shop where I live (I live in a very small town, so small we are no longer a town we are now a village) most stores here know me or at least the "senior" staff does.

I have to admit I get friendly with my cashiers seems to make my check out experience a lot easier and it is nice that have the stores know me and understand my odd shopping habits (like multiple transactions for MIR).
    Judyhill and PammieD like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am not sure how you can say you love Walmart after this experience? The only way they will learn is if you STOP shopping there. They will miss the $12000/year. The only way for companies like this to learn is by consumer boycotts. In the end it is your choice to shop there knowing how they treat you. If you choose to go back after this than you really can't complain about how they treat you.
    tiffanyhungry and i_forget like this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

using coupons do not mean stealing!
    Poirot likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    that's awful, I would complain to the manager and if they do nothing contact WM head office. Best of luck!
    + 1

Also, keep your receipts as well to prove that you were in the store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

LOL I work at WM...I'm sorry that they treat you badly.

Anyhow, I suggest that you request to talk to the store manager or the people manager and get this straighten out.

You're right, no one allow to treat you rudely even if you just go there to browse, moving things around and leave without being obligated to buy anything.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    I am not sure how you can say you love Walmart after this experience? The only way they will learn is if you STOP shopping there. They will miss the $12000/year. The only way for companies like this to learn is by consumer boycotts. In the end it is your choice to shop there knowing how they treat you. If you choose to go back after this than you really can't complain about how they treat you.
    I don't think is walmart company as a whole issue...this is more a personal issue. From what I was trained, I could get fired on the spot if I mistreat my customer. CUSTOMER always right! You don't fight with a customer...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

If you collect all the products that you intended to purchase, bring them all up to the cash at once, but divided them into seperate transactions, not only would it be much faster for you, but you wouldn't look so suspicious.

I'm sorry that you were treated that way, they had no right to do that. At any holiday season, the stores have a lot more loss happening by theives, so they are on the lookout for anyone who looks suspicious, and coming into the store 5 times, falls under that catagory for sure.

You should go speak to the store manager, or send an email to HO for sure. Also, inquire at CS about dividing up your. Most stores are fine with that, and you would save a pile of time. Especially at Christmas when the lines at the checkouts are so long.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information