User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Are you going to be shopping on Boxing Day this year? And if so what are you buying?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No.... i never do boxing day shopping!!!!
    Boo Radley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hey, nice to see you posting Boo Radley.
    Nope. No need to. The deals are available right now. And the deals will be available in January too. No need to rush for Boxing Day "sales".
    Don't forget all the deals in March when sales are down!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes we do It had been a tradition for hubby and I for a few years now. Every year we get up early, have breakfast out and then head off to Future Shop, Best Buy, Walmart and Toys r Us

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I don't think so at this point but who knows.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We usually go out in the morning to get discount Christmas decorations and such. We live in a small city so the lines are never as long, and its not a terrifying experience that require sleeping bags and snacks

This year we are looking into a Kobo. Not Mini, which is on sale now, but Kobo Touch or Kobo Glo... and hopefully a case for it, as well as a case for the Galaxy Tablet we've ordered as well
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Maybe, if the deals are good enough

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I've never gone shopping on boxing day because I was stuck working. With the new job I'll be off and I'll probably prowl around. I need to get a second remote controller for the Xbox my bf and I got. Ideally, I'd love to find a freezer at a good price, but realistically I don't have the money for it. Also, I usually prefer going shopping for the sidewalk sales in January--the stuff that's discounted at 50% now will be 75% then I stock up on Christmas cards, wrapping paper and books.
    gourmetsue likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I will be working boxing day so not venturing out at all this year except to go to work! I guess the upside to that is I get paid instead of spending money...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    I often get a new printer boxing day from Staples, Future shop or best buy online.
    Unfortunately although wasteful it's almost the same price as a replacement cartridge!

And yes it is good to see you here Boo, always good to keep a toe in the water you know.

Isn't this the truth? Why haven't they figured out that the trash that is compiled from electronic waste is simply because the cartridges are crazy expensive! I tried the "refill" thing but it was messy, so my printer has sat without ink for some time now...to the dismay of my daughter who loves to print off her homework at home instead of at school!

I will be shopping for Christmas ornaments, wrapping paper & bows for next year. I will pick up anything that catches my eye for future gifts .... that is cheap cheap cheap of course!
    Last edited by lucy16076; Wed, Dec 19th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I will wait a week or two before I head out for cards and wrapping paper- last year I got 50 large, good quality bows for 69 cents. I won't pick up that stuff until it's 75% off. I will also head out to Hallmark then to load up on ornaments.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I don't get Boxing Day off so I probably won't be shopping this year. I may shop online though like I did for Black Friday. I don't need or want anything right now though.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by natynat View Post
    I've never gone shopping on boxing day because I was stuck working. With the new job I'll be off and I'll probably prowl around. I need to get a second remote controller for the Xbox my bf and I got. Ideally, I'd love to find a freezer at a good price, but realistically I don't have the money for it. Also, I usually prefer going shopping for the sidewalk sales in January--the stuff that's discounted at 50% now will be 75% then I stock up on Christmas cards, wrapping paper and books.
    I don't shop for decorations or such until 75% off too! Everyone in my town is crazy and thinks that just because something is "clearance" its a good deal, so the christmas merchandise is usually gone within a day or two at the most. So for that reason I will be heading out to another smaller town from here in January to do that kind of shopping. I hit the jackpot last year with it. I was shocked they still had things.

Anywho, back to topic. I was planning on buying a rectangle glass dish anyways within the next week and I see some will be on sale so I will be getting that. Now to decide whether I will use my $5 CT card for it and only go to one store or make it two, getting the dish at WM and using my coupon for something else at CT. Decisions, decisions. Excited for the paper tomorrow as a lot of the flyers (the important ones to me) that have been posted are for different provinces then Ontario.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm looking for a new stand mixer this boxing day as mine recently broke, keep my eye out for a good deal on and KitchenAid!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I probably will not be shopping on boxing day. I worked too many years in retail to want to go out in the craziness. Although I'm searching for a good price on a mattress, something that we need and I've been putting off purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hey, nice to see you posting Boo Radley.
    Nope. No need to. The deals are available right now. And the deals will be available in January too. No need to rush for Boxing Day "sales".
    I feel this way too.... most things are still in stock in a month, and better priced!

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLaeticia View Post
    I always Boxing Day shop, but I only get boring stuff. Like Christmas decorations, wrapping paper, scotch tape, bows, boxes, lights....
    Yes!! of course!!! I need wrapping paper and bows, maybe extension cords for christmas lights. Will probably wait until the new year for these too though.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

hadn't planned to, but my dishwasher is groaning pretty bad, so now that dishwasher at future shop is appealing, especially when I can pay for it by using shoppers cards from the 8000 pt offer to buy the future shop cards
    isthia likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information