• 4 Post By r0c0upons
  • 7 Post By FallenPixels
  • 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 3 Post By Scorp411

Thread: updated shoppers math? do you figure out your totals

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

added up how much spent at shoppers last yr- just over 1000 redemmed 310.00 is that good/ bad / or indifferent?

what do you guys think?

updated

yes - only ever buy things on sale (they must be the same sale price as somewhere else)- this is becoming difficult... and only redeem for stuff on sale

it would be very easy to just grab that box of crackers for 2.99 when you can go to Wm and get them on sale for 1.99 or even 1.69 if you wait long enough

not many coupons in there as good coupons are hard to find..... gone are the days of free greenworks
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by kasha100; Mon, Dec 31st, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added
    peachies likes this.

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I guess it depends on whether or not you bought items on sale or if you overpaid on some items in order to get the points. If you bought only sale items, then this is a great deal. Walmart or any other store wouldn't give you $310 worth of free stuff! That's why I love SDM!!
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Its a great deal..i don't know exactly how much i spent but i will estimate it at 2000 give or take a little. 90% of what i purchased was on sale making it cheaper or the same price as walmart or other stores. So far i have redeemed approx 1400.00, and i still have over 140,000 pts left. I think thats pretty amazing and thats why i love shoppers and will continue to shop there. It would take something major for me to stop shopping there thats for sure!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really admire SCers who can get points, bonus points, use coupons to get more points, buy gift cards, etc. Usually I am not courageous enough to try or if I try I get turned down by "You can not combine these sales with coupons and bonus points". I think you did great. Congratulations. Thank you for posting.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

how do YOU feel about it?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

What other store gives you a 31% return on items?
    As long as it is stuff you needed/would buy anyway and not bought just for points it is a great return
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    What other store gives you a 31% return on items?
    As long as it is stuff you needed/would buy anyway and not bought just for points it is a great return
    I agree 100%. This is the best return on investment out there. I haven't kept track this past yearbut I am this year, thanks jasperandchar, and i am sure regardless off what is spent I onlybuy when on sale, during 20x, or if I am in desperate need of something. I redeemed a few times this year some days were not a mega redemption but I may have been short on cash, but hey it was free.
    On this past 20x times alone 1 spent 87 and got back 30 in bp's, so I would say that is a pretty great return on investment, i think everyone would agree!
    sweetmomma and torontogal12 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kasha100 View Post
    added up how much spent at shoppers last yr- just over 1000 redemmed 310.00 is that good/ bad / or indifferent?

what do you guys think?
    I think that's an amazing return. Even if you paid regular price for stuff... It's 31% savings! And we all know you didn't pay regular price for most of it, soooooo... it's AMAZING!

What other reward program gives you 30 cents on the dollar? Or even half that? Or a quarter? None of them... to make that kind of return anywhere else takes an insane amount of work.

GREAT JOB!
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Thread Information