User Tag List

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi guys, I am possibly moving to your wonderful city(ies). I will be working at the University of Waterloo if I get this position and was wondering what areas to avoid, or if there are property managers to avoid. We're looking for a two bedroom, pet-friendly (cats) apartment preferably with utilities included for around $1000. I see them on kijiji in Kitchener, but since I am not even remotely familiar with the area, would we be living in the middle of the ghetto? Any advice would be greatly appreciated... I am actually currently in Waterloo, but I won't know if I got the job before I have to leave so I will be doing the apartment hunt via distance if I get the job, which scares the crap out of me. So, share your wisdom guys and gals
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

hey alicia, i live in woodstock now but lived in kitchener for most my life up until nov, so any area you are unsure of message me and i will let you know. depends on your definition of ghetto as well. but stay away from king/cedar/louisa etc. there are nice places by the university.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can tell the ghetto areas just by looking on google earth. I think there is more crime next to fairveiw mall. I lived downtown (Weber & krug) it was at the edge of a nice and bad neighborhoods, it really wasn't too bad. I recommend KW property management for finding a place.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks so much. I guess I will wait to hear back about the job before I start really looking into it much more.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

the chandler area in kitchener is pretty rough.. my SIL used to live there and there is a ton of crime/poverty

Thread Information