• 3 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By Andit
  • 1 Post By Kelly5
  • 3 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 4 Post By Littlemoe0

Thread: in an interesting weird predicament

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

hi-ok so I post questions on the CTV facebook page sometimes because there are people there who will know the answer. kind of like posting here as well. usually CTV never even notices my questions I think because I dont get responses from them. well this time I did. I was charged a conversion fee on my mastercard for something I ordered in the states. I asked if that is standard on every mastercard. The consumer watch person is wanting to do an interview because as we both thought, this fee would add up big time on a vacation. I have not traveled to the states in quite awhile and I am thinking people on here might probably know about the conversion fee because there are many who shop in the States. Anyways, my pickle I am in? the last time I was supposed to have an interview with them, I essentially got stood up because a bigger story happened and the reporter forgot to call that it wasn't happening. I am pretty sure the consumer watch person would call if something came up but I hate going through that. plus I am scared of being recorded on a camera and it will be shown on tv for people to see. I am guessing it would be such a tiny snippet of me but I only need that long to royally screw up and say something really stupid. I get nervous and things come out. I make jokes and sometimes they are not funny jokes. plus I have back issues and some days are good and some days are really bad that I can barely move. What if I have a bad day and my back doesn't allow me to sit up? ever since I had to have my first surgery and then the second and the third, many plans have had to be changed and cancelled and I feel horrible about it and often do not make plans because I am afraid of having to cancel. I feel so incredibly horrible to cancel that it kills me. it feels like I am breaking a promise. now I will spend the next week worried about what will happen. lol and then the added stress will be sure to make my back worse and it will suck. I am a complete idiot. help! how do I get over this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit likes this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First decide if this is something you really want to do. If it's something you really want then it's worth the trouble. If not, why put yourself through it?
    Then, if you do decide to do it, realize that there will be lots of recording and editing. So even if you do royally screw up or tell a dumb joke, they'll just delete that part and use the good stuff.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

how exciting

honestly, i'd be nervous too, i think most ppl would be.

i think you'll do swell!
    Andit, dealsniffer and erin9mmm like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

A good reporter will have a chat with you ahead of time, get your perspective, then ask questions that will lead you to give those answers, so you really don't have to worry. And if something does go wrong (I was once supposed to be on camera being interviewed about service dogs, and because of lack of time, my part was cut, so they could focus on the dogs).

Don't worry, you'll do fine. Just talk to the reporter as if you were having a conversation with a friend, ignore the equipment around you. Another possibility is to do a phone interview - would that be easier?
    dealsniffer likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would be nervous too. I don't really like cameras as I feel like I don't quite know what to say in front of them.

If you are having problems with the conversion fees, which I've found to be really common, then you could try opening an american account. At Royal Bank, and I'm sure others too, you can order an american account. You do have to bring your passport to the bank to set it up, but then you can transfer money onto your american account more easily. This way you take advantage of when the exchange rate is in your favour.
    dealsniffer likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Deals! I haven't seen you in so long. Glad to see you posting.

Anyway, I agree with others posters: Think about if you really want to do it. If so, dont stress. I'm sure they will do editing to make the interview as professional as possible.
    anisa, Judstir and dealsniffer like this.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Deals, I have been gabbing with you for years now, and I do know you get very nervous at times, plus have seen that sense of humour of yours, guess what, You will do Great!!! I agree, if you are that worried, and it's not something you are passionate about doing than don't, but I bet you will shine in that interview.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks everyone for your comments. they help. plus the comment about setting up an account in the states is really neat. I had no idea you can do that. Is it ok if I would do the interview if I would mention that my friends on here mentioned that and she can look into it so she can mention it to the viewers? thanks for the votes of confidence and advice and support. I really appreciate it.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Thread Information