User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, I’m making my own batch of spice to give as a little gift this year for Christmas to my close family and friends. Probably making 20 ish gifts to give.
    I have no idea how to package them, I’m not crafty to make something, but I can try a something simple.
    I was planning to use just envelopes baby jars are kind of too big….. I was even looking at buying something from the dollar store…
    I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>Halifax</st1:City>, <st1:State>NS</st1:State></st1:place>
    but it anyone has any ideas on something to buy, or easy to make that would be a great help. Thanks…
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Hi Glo. ya, try the dollar store for some small jars, then maybe put a ribbon around them, and if your good with the computer, which I am so not, make up your own labels, that sounds like a really nice gift. What exactly is mulling spice?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They have little cellophane Christmas themed bags at the dollar store, and tie them off with ribbons. If they don't have bags, you could just use that clear cellophane wrap with Christmas prints on it - the kind you would use to wrap a fruit basket, and make sachets.

Not fancy, but it shows that the thought is there.
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Dollarama has some small jars that had the flip lids with the seals.
    They might work.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thanks for the ideas .. the bags with christmas print is great. ribbon and done..

Mulling spice is the stuff that is put in with apple juice to make apple cider drinks that is heated up on the stove.
    its commen around christmas.. the smell is very warming in the house. Also its used to make gluwine( sorry spelling) the mulling spice added to wine and heated up. this is done at resorts and I think orginates from Europe

ya its easy.. cloves, cardonom, lemon or orange zest, cinnomen, maybe a little dry ginger, peppercorns, nutmeg, and just crush them all up .. like people do with garlic, using a mallet or rolling pin, or a small coffee grinder( does not get as small)..
    ya.. im planning to buy the stuff from bulk barn too.. heheh there is another post in here about bulk barn coupons.. buying the spice labeled as Mulling spice is very expensive, and places like panhandelers kitchen over price these type of things..
    here is a link from google..

http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/flavo...llingspice.htm

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

After reading the recipe (which sounds yummy btw!) how about adding the mix to a cheesecloth bag (so it will be ready to go for them) and put it in a mug. Wrap it up in some festive cello (at the dollar store) with another mug so 2 people can enjoy it!

I bookmarked the recipe for next year... my mom would love it!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

yes, does sound great, and great idea belle with the mugs and cheesecloth, awesome idea.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oh ya.... its right in the recipe.. great idea so i dont have to tell them how much to use per pot .. it is a per cup bases..

thanks.. oh.. thanks so much.. little moe, belle, and swouper

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Great ideas, thanks!

Thread Information