• 1 Post By Slaney
  • 1 Post By JadeDragon
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: RCS Embarrassing Moment

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight I went to RCS and discovered Glade Sense and Spray on the
    clearance for 50%. On the coupon wall,they had the Sense and Spray (Glade) B1G1free. So figuring it would okay to use I got 14. Arriving at Checkout, the lady said "so how many are free.?" I counted and said 7.
    She brought over another cashier and they read it. They read it over and said it could not be used since the coupon "could not be used with any promotional offers," How is liquidation "promotional"? Anyway, I ended up having to take all 14 back while my family was at the cash register.
    I felt embarrassed b/c there was a line behind me.
    Thinking of going back and hoping to get a (half decent) other cashier. Or try in self checkout *fingers crossed*
    Any advice????

Pic of item:http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com...ney-maker.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Glmr5; Tue, Apr 3rd, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit enter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

i think the coupons should have been aloweddd.. :S

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glmr5 View Post
    clearance for 50%. On the coupon wall,they had the Sense and Spray (Glade) B1G1free. So figuring it would okay to use I got 14. Arriving at Checkout, the lady said "so how many are free.?" I counted and said 7.
    She brought over another cashier and they read it. They read it over and said it could not be used since the coupon "could not be used with any promotional offers," How is liquidation "promotional"? Anyway, I ended up having to take all 14 back while my family was at the cash register.
    Thinking of going back and hoping to get a (half decent) other cashier. Or try in self checkout *fingers crossed*
    Any advice????

They should have taken the coupons.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Apr 4th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think they should have been allowed as well........that's like saying you can't use coupons on items that are on sale that week......why would I bother then? As a couponer I'm trying to get the best deal! I would have left them at the till too.....someone who works there can take them back. That's what they get paid for.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glmr5 View Post
    Any advice????

I had the same problem only I also used the coupon zone coupon for a dollar off glade products as well. The cashier told me I couldn't stack and couldn't use with another offer(discount). I replied with, 'call a manager'.

The manager told me I could use the bogo but not 'stack' the coupon zone. I said coupon zone is a Superstore specific sale not a manufacturer's coupon. But if that's how you interpret your store policy here, then I will go to Walmart and use them both. I showed her the store policy and asked where the restriction was listed. (It's not, because they are both technically in-store sales) and I am only using ONE manufacturer's coupon.

The teller was really rude... and behind me was a woman who kept sighing and getting in my way at the end of the kiosk. The more annoying everybody got the more polite but determined I became to get the deal.

The manager was watching the rude customer behind me and I looked up at her and smiled then said to the manager, "I try to come in when it's not busy, it's too bad she doesn't move to another aisle." (it was very quiet in the store when I was there and there were two other lines open). The manager smiled back at me and said to the teller, "She's right... these are in store specials and she can use the coupons on them." So I got the deal. I thanked both the teller (even though she was rude and abrupt) and the manager and smiled at the rude customer behind me and said, "If you want to get the same deal I have a couple extra coupons." She just glared back at me as the teller tried not to laugh out loud.

Two days later I went back to the store and went to the same teller. She smiled and asked how I was doing and when I finished my purchase she said, "It's amazing how much you save." So, I now have another teller I can go to at Superstore without a problem!

It's hard to do at first... and hard to remain patient but the longer I coupon the better I get at throwing sugar at flies... lol. And it's paying off big time.
    Last edited by Scorp411; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
    MillieH likes this.
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Don't they say 1 per customer?
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I saw these with the 50% discount at my local RCSS yesterday too and thought of you! I didn't buy any......but after I read your post on here I realized that I've purchased quite a few items from the 50% off shelf at my RCSS and used coupons with them.....no CZ coupons.....but other manufacturer coupons. About a month ago I purchased a 50% off Neutrogena facial scrub and used a $3 Neutrogena coupon along with it......no questions asked. I would have never considered a 50% discount sticker as another "promotional offer"........to me it's just a sale?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

They should take the coupons. But try the self-checkout. Can be easier, but sometimes not.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At my local RCSS, I am able to price-match or buy clearance or sale merchandise plus use a manufacturer's coupon and then a CZ coupon.

I am able to do this with multiples of the same item (in reasonable quantities).

The staff have been friendly and welcoming to my bargain hunting.
    ( The customer service supervisor showed me her large coupon sorting book, when I started asking questions about policy for price-matching, sales and coupons.)
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMG I just came to rant about the same issue. I was at self checkout and the cashiers said my $4 coupons could not be used because the pink sticker was considered a promo I told her that this was an instore liquidation sale not a glade promo. She told me that a sale is considered a promo so I asked to speak with the manager and she told me the same thing. Because the coupon said "could not be combined with any other offer" she considered the pink sticker as an offer "while the cashier was smirking next to her" The cashier also started to ask about my other coupons Dove Visible Care which was on sale...And told me that I am not supposed to be using the coupon zone coupon also because they are on sale and said could not be combined. grrr... at this point I was upset and told her why bother having the coupons in front of the product if I am not able to use them? The manager told me I need to read the back of the coupon. I told her forget it and didn't end up buying the rest of groceries and walked out. I hope she realizes that they just lost a sale over a few dollar coupon. What a waste of my time. BTW I was also told by them that coupons are never allowed for pink sticker items.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I've used coupons on clearance stickered items. Absolutely thay should be allowed. Why should the staff care?
    Karabana likes this.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

This would drive me mad!
    RRLF: Almond breeze, gluten free products

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDragon View Post
    I've used coupons on clearance stickered items. Absolutely thay should be allowed. Why should the staff care?
    How true they should allow coupons on pink sticker items.They are putting it on cheap to get rid of it.I think someone here said something when they had a problem about they are a keeping store not a selling store.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Jezebel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    How true they should allow coupons on pink sticker items.They are putting it on cheap to get rid of it.I think someone here said something when they had a problem about they are a keeping store not a selling store.
    I've had the same experience at several RCSS in the Metro Vancouver area. What does a discount sticker have to do with accepting a coupon or not? I thought all I had to do was purchase the proper product, and that it wasn't dependent on price paid other than that there would be no consumer refund if the coupon value exceeded the product price? And the retailer gets reimbursed the coupon value plus handling fees. And how many of the same items are sold without the consumer using a coupon for the purchase? I just don't get it why this grocery chain in particular gets so uptight about this issue. I guess they just don't like to be bothered with processing coupons(whether they get reimbursed or not)... just like their strict limits on returning the pop empties that they happily sell, but then want your name and phone number just to return them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some people are picky and dumb. Just don't worry about it, it may have been embarrassing but there's nothing to be embarrassed about, you did no wrong. They should have taken it.

Lol one time I had an employee groan at me and say "You're already saving half off, why do you need a coupon?".

Thread Information