User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

got some great deals today and totally lucked out with the cashiers

safeway
    cashed in FPC for dove body wash...on sale for $4.99 cashier took off original price of $6.79..then card took off $1.80..tax was only $.60 so $1.20 ahead

which paid for 2 secret deoderant on sale for 2/$4..had B2 save $3...with tax comes to $1.48 minus $1.20 got everything for $.28...yeah me

also picked up a 20 box of princess tatoo bandaids....the only kind my daughter will wear...for $1.49 box was crushed...reg$5.39

now shoppers...wish i had a camera

got a cashier i have know for years been there forever..knows coupons

got 2x sunsilk shampoo sale $1.99 had $1.50 and $1 off..so $.74 each

FPC for Lacoupe...need cond spray for daughter...$6.99 free no tax
    FPC for dove body wash......$7.49....free no tax

so grand total with tax...$1.96

now back to safeway for the story..hang on need a beer...lol

ok so i had a lot of groceries...$190 worth to be rung in and the cashier and i were just chit chattin as she worked..everything was fine i did warn her i had coupons and she said ok wait till end so i sorted the $1 off and FPC and we procedded then we started the coupons and the lady behind got really impaitient and started asking how long this would be...the cashier asked the lady if she wanted to be rung in at customer service and she said no my groceries are on the belt now....so then when i went to pay the till needed an over ride like it always does with that much savings...$65....and the lady started freaking and yelling her ice cream is melting and throwing her stuff back in the buggy..so the manager comes and he takes over..the cashier and i go to CS and finish off with the other manager that i know and we all had a good laugh about her "hissy fit"...and when i had finished which took like 2 seconds we laughed again cause i left the store before her...the not so skilled manager was slower than us...guess she didn't have the christmas spirit?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by mom4boys1girl; Thu, Nov 20th, 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

lol good deals, I dont like pissing people off behind me as I know I will turn red. I have no problem standing my ground but why start.... your story makes me laugh because there always has to be someone that goes balistic!...I can understand a bit frustrated but what was her purpose to go full blown pschotic? lol like I said good deals! Hope you are proud.... especially that you got out the store before her.... ahahahahaha

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

lol, wow. what a story
    LOCKERZ-For an invite to lockerz pm me your e-mail!
    GOOZEX-http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/referral.asp?idr=6135410407247

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

Lol, seems like you had a great day with those deals.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

lol. great deals!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Great deals!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If she knew your savings, she'd probably follow in your footsteps instead of yelling at you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

good deal
    i learn more patience now since i join SC
    last week when i was waiting to pay my stuff, the lady infront of me was pay about $50 worth of grocery, all by nickle, dime, and quarter, lucky it's not penny
    i didn't get upset at all,

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i could never get $65 off on my groceries! I find grocery coupons are hard to come by .. mostly toiletries and household coupons

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Sounds like my day...except it was Walmart and the person freaking was the cashier! You'd think my over $35 in coupons were coming directly from her paycheck...not my problem though. My son and I just smiled at her and told her to have a great day!

Awesome deals for you! I always get the best deals at Safeway. And I had the same thing happen when I bought my Dove with my FPC, she took off the regular price not the sale price so I came ahead a bit. I danced all the way to the car!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

lmao i love those ppl I usually sort my coupons out before getting up to the cash but this one time a lady infront of me had a product i had a coupon for so I told she could have it was something I wasnt going to use. I was going thru my envi and the kady behind me was getitng all impatient and huffy was rather amuzing. If ppl do this in the store I go slower.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Great deals

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapinitblue View Post
    Sounds like my day...except it was Walmart and the person freaking was the cashier! You'd think my over $35 in coupons were coming directly from her paycheck...not my problem though. My son and I just smiled at her and told her to have a great day!

Awesome deals for you! I always get the best deals at Safeway. And I had the same thing happen when I bought my Dove with my FPC, she took off the regular price not the sale price so I came ahead a bit. I danced all the way to the car!
    Great story, lol... I can appreciate how you feel when cashiers make you feel like you're robbing from them personally...

I was at Walmart last night and I price-matched the No Frills Pampers deal... well the lady behind me was also buying Pampers, so I passed the flyer on to her and explained to her that she could price match. The cashier lost her mind - she started screaming at me that I'm not supposed to do that, and that she would have to take the flyer away from me after the price match (yeah, sure). I very calmly asked for a CSM and she wouldn't call one, so I grabbed the flyer and gave it to the lady behind me. Well the cashier huffed a bit and said, "I'll let it go THIS time". Oooookay....

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

I was at superstore yesterday and had bought a bunch of stuff with coupons I found 3 Olay body washes on clearance for $2.44 so used the buy 3 get $10 off The cashier was fine and so were the lovely couple behind me I apologized because the cashier had to get an override I assume it was because my coupon was higher value then the products anyway everyone was great. They just joked asking if I had any spare coupons (I did take a look but didn't have anything for them darn) I told them I quit my job to be with my kids so need to pinch pennies. They replied well we're just old and cheap! We all laughed anyway good day with good deals. I haven't had any probs so far with other customers with coupons. Have had just plain rude people ahead and behind me. I always feel bad for the cashiers that have to deal with that as I remember working in customer service and some people are just plain nasty for no reason

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Gread deals - and what a story.

It's sad how some people can be so rude - It only makes them look like a fool and nobody else.

I probably would have asked the cashier for a raincheck or pick something off the shelf near buy and ask her to scan it for me. Just so the other nut bar waiting in line would have to wait even longer. I can't stand people that fly off the handle like that - I'm a little spiteful and would have either did the above or give her a sly grin and told her to have a nice day as I walked by.
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information