User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Where Do You Buy Your Seeds?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is another seed catalog that is beautiful to look at! It looks almost like a coffee table book. It is put out by an American business (Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds). The paper version is free within the USA, but Canadian requests cost about $5.00.

http://www.rareseeds.com/flip-catalog/index.html

Baker Creek Seeds also has a seed bank/store in an old 1920's former bank building in Petaluma, California. What a great use for an old bank building!

Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added a video

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am trying verseys seeds this year, as I want to order blueberrry plans as well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OSC Seeds in Waterloo, ON sends out their new catalogues by year's end so that their customers can plan their next gardens. The catalogue also shows Aimers Organic Seeds. There are grasses (including cat grass), fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental corn to "drool" over. Colour photos make the decision of choosing seeds more difficult!

After my 2012 efforts in the garden, I realized that I want some seeds to come from OSC to ensure I have plants growing in the spring. I was only half-satisfied with my buys in local stores/garden centres as I did not have my own vehicle to explore farther gardening centres.

If those raspberry canes from last summer (clearance buy) are truly dead (I'm holding out hope that there is life to emerge in the spring but they are sticks still), then I'm having to plan two years for having new canes to grow and to yield a crop. Shwa Girl and others got raspberry crops in different seasons in 2012 and I want to join that club!
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jan 1st, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If you "Like" Heritage Harvest Seed on Facebook, you will be entered into their monthly draw for a $25 gift certificate.

I recently won, and am so excited to choose my seeds! They carry some really unique and rare heirlooms.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Herit...90348220999168

Also check out.... http://truenorthtreasures.blogspot.c...vest-seed.html

Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Sun, Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    nessa23 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Now is the time to start getting reader for seed ordering

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveoneverthing View Post
    Now is the time to start getting reader for seed ordering
    this is what I was thinking.... there was another thread in this forum somewhere... about container gardening?? I will have to try to find it.

I want to do a large garden this year, but we moved to a new house, which DH built a 'garage' out back that kind of blocks the garden area that I was planning on doing my planting in. I'll have to wait before I plant anything to see if there will be shade created, and go from there.
    Hoping for some suggestions as to what type of veggies might want less light/more shade? And also where I might be able to find the 'containers' or big pots that I could put large plants/veggies in? Preferably free or cheap.... and creative ideas are best!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check your local grocery store for seeds on spin racks. Saw McKenzie seeds by the flower shop section of Fortino's-mostly flower seeds, some vegetable seeds (i.e. beans) and a few small gardening accessories I think for sprouting seeds.

Don't forget to check Canadian Tire for seed displays before the chain opens their gardening centres too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found a company in ontario and have used them.
    http://www.seed-nursery.com/

I've had no issues with my purchases and it was good quality.
    Happy hunting!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Huge list of American & Canadian seed and gardening catalogs, organized by catagories such as heirlooms, grasses, tropical, supplies and tools, etc....enjoy!

http://www.gardenlist.com/

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Bookmarking.... Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

bought some heirloom seeds through heritage harvest seed. Received them yesterday, and can't wait to start planting!!!

It's really yucky today though

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi Nessa,

Neat! What kinds of seeds did you get from HHS? They have so many great varieties.
    nessa23 likes this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    Hi Nessa,

Neat! What kinds of seeds did you get from HHS? They have so many great varieties.
    all vegetables.... I like to grow my own food in the summer if possible. I tried to get 'normal' looking vegetables... zucchini, mint lettuce, black Hungarian peppers, spaghetti squash, carrots, broccoli, peas and onions!

I also received some garlic plants from my boss (who had tons in her garden) There's got to be at least 100 plants in garlic alone!!! And I'll be getting some pumpkin seeds from my sister....

can't wait until they start popping out of the dirt! I love it when hard work has a reward at the end

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Another great place in Canada to get heirloom seeds! As I understand it, the seeds are free, you just pay for mailing.

The Populuxe Seed Bank

http://www.theseedbank.net/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Free gardening is too hot!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information