User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am new here and really need some help. I bought 2 Mackage jackets online from a USA store. The jackets are made in Canada, but I got a huge discount from this store so I ended up buying them. They shipped it via ups express, and today the ups driver showed up at my door step asking for $246.16. The total cost of jackets is $738.32 and if I paid 13% taxes on it, they shouldn't be more than $95. The taxes on the invoice he gave me are 113.26 and duty is 132.90. I don't know if I should even be charged duty on the jackets as they were made in Canada. I refused to pay this guy and told him that I first wanted to call UPS and ask what the charges were. I would like to know whether it really is the duty/taxes and I should pay it or should I call and tell them that there shouldn't be any duty on it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Made in Canada, but they are being shipped from the states right?

Definitely call someone and inquire more about this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes they are ....

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

You were charged customs for having them shipped to Canada from the states.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just spoke to a CBSA agent and she said that it doesn't matter if I had them shipped from states. I should only have to pay taxes which come up to $95.98, and no duties under NAFTA. I spoke to UPS and they said that the invoice the shipper gave them says that the jackets are made in China. I am now calling the shipper to ask them to forward UPS the correct information because I will NOT pay duty on these jackets.

Beauty Queen
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

UPS is a horrible company, call them and try to get a refund, or if you paid using credit card, call your credit card company and try to get the payment reversed.
    Wish List 2009: Miss Dior Cherie EDP, Chanel Chance EDP, Chanel two-tone tights, Louis Vuitton LE Watercolour Speedy 30

Thread Information