User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I for one, was a sucker for buying recipe books and really stopped a few years ago cause most of the time when I'd want to do a certain recipe I'd have to go through dozens of books to find what I was looking for, now I just go on the net to get fantastic recipes. Some recipes might be from France, or Culinary Institutes, some from the food chanel while others are handed down family recipes from all over the world ( love those ).
    So ok you might not get to see a great picture of the recipe you're about to do, but having seen a gazillion food shows , everyone knows how to plate food to make it more " eyepetising " and get those those tastebuds going.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I stopped buying recipe books a long time ago, and just google for any recipe I need. It gives me options on which recipe follow for the same food.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I love cookbooks I find them much more inspiring then internet sites...but I do often check out allrecipes.com and food network when I want something quick to make -- I use the recipe books more when I have time to make something different or for baking.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I like using the internet for recipies. But I am a sucker for the Wine magazines that give really fancy creations.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

I usually use the internet out of convenience, because most of them have ratings and reviews so I know if it's a tried and true, or if most people found it not so good.

I do have books because it's easier to find what I want online, but more creative from a book. I had just thought about purging some of them now since I don't use them that much.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have a few books that have been given to me, and am still hoping for a joy of cooking one - just for all those basics and the info behind it. Other than that, I use the internet, and if I LOVE the recipe, I print it out and put it in a photo book - the one where the clear page sticks over top - I just peel back the clear part and put the recipe in. That way, I can pull it out of my binder, put it on the counter, and if I splatter on it, can just wipe it clean. I do love recipe books but I usually just make stuff up. Internet is waaay better.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a whole bunch of cookbooks but now I just go to the internet rather than go through all my cookbooks trying to find what I want to make. I think I will also start getting rid of some of them. Good time to clean house.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The instructions are always on the package!

Before I get bombarded let me say,the Joy of Cooking is my#1 fav.followed by another recipie book that I bought from a food bank,
    which purposely has recipies that are good and especially save $.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I love any books. I have a library of books and all sorts of (my own) creations. My husband is a chef and I am going to be one. Some internet ones are good but I prefer the books. I love my $300 Professional cooking book (from the college) and how to cook everything book.

I cant even find a good persian recipe on the internet. Mmmmmmm persians and sally anns!

Another exclusive dessert to my city I guess.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I love any books. I have a library of books and all sorts of (my own) creations. My husband is a chef and I am going to be one. Some internet ones are good but I prefer the books. I love my $300 Professional cooking book (from the college) and how to cook everything book.

I cant even find a good persian recipe on the internet. Mmmmmmm persians and sally anns!

Another exclusive dessert to my city I guess.
    You eat cats and church people
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was given the bible (the joy) a few years ago for christmas from my father in law. man was I ever happy. I also have a few from my grandmother who is a cordon bleu chef. my other favorite that i have is a candian cooking bible. it is from the '70's and it has dinners for a crowd. table settings for all meals you could ever make. wine to food lists, cheap substitutes. and a whole whack of other info. I love it.

But when I am looking for a recipie that i don't have or I want to make something more from scratch i look on the web. the books that I have for their baking a lot of the time for some reason say to use refirdgerator rolls and the like and I hate that I am a scratch baker I hate mixes and the like.

Anyways I do both because then you get lots of ideas and may see something you have never tried.
    I think I am going to run a round outside all naakid and such.... I need a vacation!! Jail house here I come!!!!

Thread Information