User Tag List

Page 424 of 966 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 524 924 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Hey did everyone get the Aimiles Opinions e-mail????? Free airmiles for doing surveys????? Is this on the up and up?????or is it some sort of scam e-mail?????

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    Hey did everyone get the Aimiles Opinions e-mail????? Free airmiles for doing surveys????? Is this on the up and up?????or is it some sort of scam e-mail?????
    The ones by Research Now?

I've been doing them for about 4 months now... I have gotten the airmiles for the surveys I have done! Seems good to me!
    operabob and jennrav like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    I have been doing these for almost a year and its great.
    operabob and jennrav like this.
    orange

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deal2020 View Post
    I love to collect airmiles but lots of stuff at safeway is way more expensive than superstores. I tend to only buy the items that on special so I am not paying more than other stores.
    +1. I don't do my regular shopping there either and I suck when comparing pennies and 0.000x worth better airmiles deals between safeway and another store to see which one is better. And therefore I read this thread and try doing the deals for the stuff which I would buy any way. This is a very helpful thread and some people are very deep. Just remember not every deal is meant for every one.
    operabob, rutlandgrl and GypsyGirl like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thing is to learn how to cherry pick.

While on a total bill you might find Superstores beating Safeway regularly on individual items I often find Safeway smokes the opposition.

Chose your opportunities carefully.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    What is the price for the paper towels?
    I remember the towels are 3 dollar off so about 8 dollar per pack. So it is on sale and with bonus airmiles.
    operabob likes this.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Name:  safeway.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  29.0 KB
    operabob, GypsyGirl and Freest like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deal2020 View Post
    I love to collect airmiles but lots of stuff at safeway is way more expensive than superstores. I tend to only buy the items that on special so I am not paying more than other stores.
    Yes it can be more expensive... that is why there is a weekly run down of the airmiles deals. What may seem like a bad deal or something that is crazy expensive sometimes people have FPC's for (free product coupons for those wondering) In a case where you have something like a FPC the deal can be free plus airmies and that is fantastic. What I watch for is the exceptional deals. Here is one of them this week.
    Children's tylenol is
    Tylenol child 5.99/3.99/3.31 <<In this case it means that the sale price is 5.99 and that might seem high but when you buy two the price goes to 3.99 with the airmiles kickback. Then there are coupons on this site for printable tylenol coupons http://couponscanada.smartcanucks.ca/brands/tylenol-canada/ There are stipulations on the coupon that says one coupon per product or person but there are 2 different coupon so the deal works like this

5.99 start price you need to buy 2 to get the airmiles deal of 40 ... 40 airmiles = 4.20 worth of airmiles so
    11.98 - 4.20 = 7.78
    Now there are coupons one $3 coupon and one $2 coupon = $5 in coupons
    $7.78 - $5 = 2.78 for 2 bottles of childrens tylenol. If someone has a fpc or 2 or a mfpc for the product the deal only gets better.

^^under circumstances like this Safeway has the best deal hands down... However on papertowel and on many other products with the airmiles deal you pay far more for the products... so much more you are paying for those airmiles dearly... picking out the very best deals is what Bob calls cherry picking.

(yes I know I made a error on the calculations in the list but the point is clear here)
    Poirot, sharonzag, mrsf1sh and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freest View Post
    I remember the towels are 3 dollar off so about 8 dollar per pack. So it is on sale and with bonus airmiles.
    50 bonus miles for 2 packs of Safeway ultrasoft bathroom tissue 12 rolls/pack which is $6.99 each (on sale - $2 off). Just bought a few this morning.
    Last edited by Freest; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    GypsyGirl likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

50 bonus miles for 2 packs of Safeway ultrasoft bathroom tissue which is $6.99 each (on sale - $2 off). Just bought a few this morning.
    forgot to mention: no coupon needed.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

50 bonus miles for 2 packs of Safeway ultrasoft bathroom tissue 12 rolls/pack which is $6.99 each (on sale - $2 off). Just bought a few this morning.
    What is the on sale - $2 off deal, no coupon required? So the real cost is 4.99 each pack? Are the taxes based on 6.99 or 4.99? Is it some kind of in store special? It doesn't say that in the flyer.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know how much the Alymers tomatoes are?TIA

Harbinger of Cookies
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Yes it can be more expensive... that is why there is a weekly run down of the airmiles deals. What may seem like a bad deal or something that is crazy expensive sometimes people have FPC's for (free product coupons for those wondering) In a case where you have something like a FPC the deal can be free plus airmies and that is fantastic. What I watch for is the exceptional deals. Here is one of them this week.
    Children's tylenol is
    Tylenol child 5.99/3.99/3.31 <<In this case it means that the sale price is 5.99 and that might seem high but when you buy two the price goes to 3.99 with the airmiles kickback. Then there are coupons on this site for printable tylenol coupons http://couponscanada.smartcanucks.ca/brands/tylenol-canada/ There are stipulations on the coupon that says one coupon per product or person but there are 2 different coupon so the deal works like this

5.99 start price you need to buy 2 to get the airmiles deal of 40 ... 40 airmiles = 4.20 worth of airmiles so
    11.98 - 4.20 = 7.78
    Now there are coupons one $3 coupon and one $2 coupon = $5 in coupons
    $7.78 - $5 = 2.78 for 2 bottles of childrens tylenol. If someone has a fpc or 2 or a mfpc for the product the deal only gets better.

^^under circumstances like this Safeway has the best deal hands down... However on papertowel and on many other products with the airmiles deal you pay far more for the products... so much more you are paying for those airmiles dearly... picking out the very best deals is what Bob calls cherry picking.

(yes I know I made a error on the calculations in the list but the point is clear here)
    Even better if you get it on 10% Tuesday!
    cheekysaver likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    What is the on sale - $2 off deal, no coupon required? So the real cost is 4.99 each pack? Are the taxes based on 6.99 or 4.99? Is it some kind of in store special? It doesn't say that in the flyer.
    The regular price is 8.99, club card discount is -2.00. Tax is on 6.99. Buy 2 get 50AM. It is on the front page of the AM bonus flyer. FYI...This is not a great deal on Safeway brand t.p. They were on sale 3.99 a few weeks ago, and they often have the facebook coupon for 3.99 too. You are paying for your AM this way, and more $ per roll.
    My calculations for bc tax/AM is 0.43 per roll or wait til it is 3.99 and pay 0.37 roll
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Just wanted to say thank you to Cheekysaver for the tip about using airmiles cash at Shell to buy GC. I picked up a$50 SDM GC to use at yesterdays 20x points day and end up getting everything I needed for only $6.78 oop. This is the best use that I now have for my airmiles unless Safeway starts using airmiles cash.
    cheekysaver, sharonzag and mrsf1sh like this.

Thread Information