User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crAZy4dEAls View Post
    Hubby and I have our anniversary this month--trying to get some frugal ideas for that day!!! See how special I can make it with FPC's/marked-down Valentines Day items!
    So do we...Happy Anniversary! We have been thinking about frugal ideas too. I am hoping that a groupon or wagjag comes up for one of our favourite restaurants or something. We don't eat out very much so I choose to celebrate out of the kitchen. (I make EVERYTHING from scratch, even fish sticks) Valentine's things are a great idea.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    That's not good. Did you have a full size spare or one of those tiny little spares?
    1 of those little silly donut tires... I just got back from my local tire shop today and it cost me $130 to replace it... Plus we were STARVING and Arby's is right beside the tire place... So the tire really ended up costing $140 haha... Not a great start to frugal friday

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Day two - I'm off to shoppers for 20x airmiles - I'm out of a few basics.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

If you know she is going to be in the hospital for an extended period of time check with the hospital, you may be able to buy what they call a hotel pass. It is a flat rate card for a day (so you come and go) a week or a month. We used these when my grandmother was in the hospital. I believe if I remember correctly for what it cost for 2 days of parking we got a whole week. I cannot remember what the month cost (which was the pass we ended up with after her diagnosis and finding out she wouldn't be coming home) but it was way cheaper than paying each day.

The hospital does not really advertise as they want the money for parking but back when my grandfather was in the hospital someone told my grandmother about this and we used them well he was in the hospital too. I think it sucks you have to pay to park at a hospital but if you know she will be there for more than a day or two if the hospital she is in offers this it is the way too go, WAY cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well its february and i am trying to be frugal this month too -only buy whats needed-use from the stockpile
    - my mom is in the hospital and i have to pay for parking -but everyday i go i take my own lunch-too expensive to buy anyway
    -mom gives me the odd pudding like chocolate to bring home that she doesnt like -not to waste food
    -went to the mall to look for p,j for my mom and didnt buy anything for me-got the p.js at sears for 13.00 -2 piece set too
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: One day I will learn to read before I post

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Off to do groceries with the family after church, I've got my budget so wish me luck.....

My budget is for a week but I'm hoping to stretch as far as I can with stocking on a few staples for baking (scared as these are so expensive to begin with).

Will post back what I spent....really need to stay in the lines.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

So it is Saturday and often the biggest spend day of the week, how are people doing?
    I spent around $21 at the farmers market this morning
    Abby5, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I spent $1750 on a queen set and 2 double sets at the warehouse sale. They are all gel mattresses. Now I have been on kijiji trying to find headboard frame sets so we don't need to sleep on the floor
    But I did not stop for anything else
    macw1960, Granger and SassyAshley like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing spent today.....but I'm broke
    Last edited by i_forget; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Man oh man I think I worked miracles literally - I stuck to me my grocery budget, was over by $3.00 but took the $3.00 out of the miscellaneous budget for the week - so still good. I purchased flour, vegetable oil, 3 dozen eggs, plus lots of other essentials for making homemade baked goods++++ other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Off to do groceries with the family after church, I've got my budget so wish me luck.....

My budget is for a week but I'm hoping to stretch as far as I can with stocking on a few staples for baking (scared as these are so expensive to begin with).

Will post back what I spent....really need to stay in the lines.
    Kitty77, Nettie, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i did go to 20 times the points at shoppers -but it was stuff that was needed peanutbutter, fabric softner.milk ,almonds - i didnt venture off my list

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I ended up going shopping mainly for school supplies for an oral presentation for Penguinette 2 and picking up school lunch supplies so I don't have to go out tomorrow..
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I did RCSS no tax day today so I spent $20 but I saved $25 I also shopped for mom today at RCSS and SDM (I got the points tho!!!) so will be paid back for that. And I got a bag of lozenges for sore throats for DH total was like $1.60 or something.

I also got TONS of free boxes from various Mc Donalds locations today as we are moving at the end of the month hopefully. Resisted temptation to get something despite being STARVING.

Returned kitty food to petsmart and got back $65 or so as kids don't like it. So had to go back into my January month totals and make some adjustments.

Tomorrow I will be getting more free boxes and going to the gym, no spending planned for me. Can't be held accountable for DH.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Returned kitty food to petsmart and got back $65 or so as kids don't like it. So had to go back into my January month totals and make some adjustments.
    for a brief moment...I thought you meant your human children.....
    Nettie, Nayya, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Going to be making cookies today, stocking up the cookie jar, and then hopefully freeze a bunch. I just realized I forgot to buy the cheap margarine for my baking darn it....so it goes on next weeks list, going to look up some sort of conversion if I can use vegetable oil instead.
    Kitty77 and macw1960 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's a great idea baking and freezing...I may do this too. We have no choice but to be frugal this month. We are saving for a vacation the first week of May and our property taxes (one of four times a year) come out this month...along with our bi-monthly hydro bill. It is going to be a very tight month.
    macw1960 likes this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information