User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: FreshPoints - New Canadian Reward Points! *App Ended*

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a new mobile rewards program app for those who haven't heard of it.

Freshpoints

freshPOINTS allows you to earn rewards while you grocery shop. Any store, any food product!

You can then redeem points for gift cards such as Amazon, Subway, Starbucks, Esso and etc!

I almost have enough for a $5 Amazon gift card after 1 day!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Esso - Imperial Oil, Starbucks, Subway
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm sorry if this had already been posted, but I did a search and I couldn't find anything.

FreshPoints is a new mobile app that lets you earn points to redeem for rewards such as Amazon gift cards. So far it seems a lot easier to earn points quickly compared to say Swagbucks. You earn points in many different ways including scanning barcodes of products, rating products, and checking in at your grocery store. I'm really excited about this new app!

An idea if you have kids: a great way to keep them entertained is to let them find the products on the shelves and scan the barcodes while you shop. You can make a game out of it!

Here is their website if you want to learn more: http://freshpoints.ca/

ETA: You can earn 50 bonus points if you enter my referral promo code when you sign up. PM me for the code!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Please remember that referral codes can be in signatures only
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't really understand how this works. I tried asking someone else who posted about it on a blog, and they weren't able to tell me muc either. Maybe you acn help anwer some of these?

1. How many points do you get per product? How quickly can points accumulate?
    2. How many points does it take for an example reward, and how many items would it take to accumulate enough points?
    2. It sounds like you don't even have to buy the product (ie: game for the kids of scanning the products while wandering the store), unlike Checkout51 - is that correct? ... it seems to me like that is a system that could become quickly abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I'm sorry if this had already been posted, but I did a search and I couldn't find anything.

FreshPoints is a new mobile app that lets you earn points to redeem for rewards such as Amazon gift cards. So far it seems a lot easier to earn points quickly compared to say Swagbucks. You earn points in many different ways including scanning barcodes of products, rating products, and checking in at your grocery store. I'm really excited about this new app!

An idea if you have kids: a great way to keep them entertained is to let them find the products on the shelves and scan the barcodes while you shop. You can make a game out of it!

Here is their website if you want to learn more: http://freshpoints.ca/

ETA: You can earn 50 bonus points if you enter my referral promo code when you sign up. PM me for the code!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just found out about this app too so I'm still trying to figure everything out myself. But I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can from what I've learned so far!

1. The point amounts vary but hopefully this will give you an idea... You earn 25-50 points for scanning a product. 1 point for rating and reviewing a product you've scanned. 10 points for doing the bonus task. 3 points for sharing on Facebook or Twitter. 20 points for "checking in" at your grocery store. Earn 100 points for referring a friend. You can also earn points for uploading photos of the product, using the QR code scan, telling them where you bought it, etc.

2. An Amazon $5 gift card costs 750 points. You could earn that amount easily within a single shopping trip.

3. That's correct. At the moment you do not have to purchase the products. I agree that it seems too easy to gain points this way, so I foresee this feature changing in the future.

I haven't taken the app to the store yet, just scanned products I already had at home. I'll give you an update when I've played with it more! But so far it seems really promising!

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    I don't really understand how this works. I tried asking someone else who posted about it on a blog, and they weren't able to tell me muc either. Maybe you acn help anwer some of these?

1. How many points do you get per product? How quickly can points accumulate?
    2. How many points does it take for an example reward, and how many items would it take to accumulate enough points?
    2. It sounds like you don't even have to buy the product (ie: game for the kids of scanning the products while wandering the store), unlike Checkout51 - is that correct? ... it seems to me like that is a system that could become quickly abused.
    Last edited by Mags; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing and clarifying!
    I can't use it at present (as is the case with Checkout51) as I dont have an Apple product, but am curious for future if it becomes available to Android/GooglePlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I just found out about this app too so I'm still trying to figure everything out myself. But I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can from what I've learned so far!

1. The point amounts vary but hopefully this will give you an idea... You earn 25-50 points for scanning a product. 1 point for rating and reviewing a product you've scanned. 10 points for doing the bonus task. 3 points for sharing on Facebook or Twitter. 20 points for "checking in" at your grocery store. Earn 100 points for referring a friend. You can also earn points for uploading photos of the product, using the QR code scan, telling them where you bought it, etc.

2. An Amazon $5 gift card costs 750 points. You could earn that amount easily within a single shopping trip.

3. That's correct. At the moment you do not have to purchase the products. I agree that it seems too easy to gain points this way, so I foresee this feature changing in the future.

I haven't taken the app to the store yet, just scanned products I already had at home. I'll give you an update when I've played with it more! But so far it seems really promising!
    mikedebnz and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

They said they are working on bringing the app to other platforms. So hopefully you'll be able to use it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    Thanks for sharing and clarifying!
    I can't use it at present (as is the case with Checkout51) as I dont have an Apple product, but am curious for future if it becomes available to Android/GooglePlay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Here's a link that I found about the 'why' - it states in the article that technically one could scan every item in a store without purchasing, but that won't add up to much....it's about the reviews and ratings/sharing/networking.....

http://strategyonline.ca/2012/08/13/...-fresh-points/
    carlyincanada likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lovely, another one only good for iGadgets
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, it is a easy way to earn some free points.
    Amex AeroplanPlus Gold Card 30k bonus points link: www.americanexpress.com/canada
    Amex Gold Rewards Card 25k bonus points link: https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...IWDR8WFQ%3D%3D

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Sounds like an interesting idea. Downloaded the app on my phone and will try it out during my next shopping trip.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I'm loyal to BlackBerry and have been doing the Checkout51 deals and it's great! There isn't an app yet but you can email your receipt pic to them at [email protected]. They are super fast at processing the receipts. You can request a Cheque when you have $20 in cash back credits

Thanks for the info but not sure scanning and rating products is worth my time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Were you one the beta testers for checkout51? From what I understand, only the testers could e-mail their receipts...

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Ugh I am so sick of these phone apps,it's just annoying even though at the same time I am very interested,lol. I only have a android here to. I rather go online when convenient and enter the upc's or something. I hate to turn into one of those people stareing at thei rphone 24/7!
    Last edited by kris32; Sun, Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just discovered another feature on this app... While scanning a bunch of random items in the cupboard for 1 point, I unlocked the lottery scan (I think that's what it called). The next item you scan will be scanned for anywhere between 1 and 50 points, and I got 49 points for that item! So you can earn high points scans even for items not on their list.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information