User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sobeys not accepting websaver.ca or smartsource.ca

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Sobeys Mcallister on Tues. and I asked them if they would take the printed coupon from skinny cow, the cashier went and asked and they let me use it. 49cents for skinny cow ice cream sandwiches

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a similar "fun" experience with the west side sobeys and asked to see a manager. "The expiry date should not exceed 6 weeks from the day it was printed." means, in their eyes that if a coupon was printed Jan 1st it has to expire before Feb 12th, if it doesn't (even if it's within 6 weeks of expiry when you go to use it) they'll still not take it. Since most online printable coupons list the printed date (in the border) you're screwed out of using almost any online printable (smartsource is 2 months, for instance).

I ask how that policy made sense and the manager said he didn't know, but he helped write the policy and it works because no legit online coupons are ever valid for more than 6 weeks. Uh... what? He also didn't like a coupon that said "online coupon" instead of "internet coupon" but said it didn't matter because it was valid too long anyways for them to accept.

I'll be taking my printables and business to No Frills or Walmart (apparently they're having a scare too though,
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/336868-walmart-westside-refusing-printables-canada/) instead. A highly annoying treatment overall.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Sobeys east would not take my printable coupon because it didn't have a reimbursement address of Saint John. I just give up on Sobeys, stopped shopping there a few months ago just because they have not been coupon friendly.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

On Thursday, the north end Sobey's refused one of my printables because it didn't have an exact picture of the product! It even had my name on it. Definitely a very frustrating store to deal with.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was able to use 4 smart source printables at Walmart on the west side, and also got them to pricematch the items I had coupons for to the Sobey's flyer. Definitely a better option for your coupons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's always a fight, sometimes they take em sometimes they don't. Annoying really since there is nothing wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information