User Tag List

Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I was so impressed with the Frugal February Chatter stared by FallenPixels

that myself & my family and other SC members have decided to continue onwards with continuing our developed spending strategies/budgets, no spending days, paying off debt and of course the best part,

THE CHATTER with fellow members encouraging others and sharing their own experiences and struggles and surprises.

So if you are on board......post / chatter away

NAME Suggestions for April

April Savings Showers?from Insane
    April's Awesome Frugality from Insane

"April Frugally Astute" from LuvToUseCoupons

April austerity from i_forget

April showers bring may savings? from Caseythegoalie
    april pennies grow may dollars? from Caseythegoalie

April Savvy Shoppers from jasperandchar
    April's Frugal Chatter Club jasperandchar
    Penny-wise April jasperandchar
    April Savings jasperandchar

Spring into Savingsfrom dreamcatcher1962

APRIL MAVERNS from YOU AND ME

All In For April from macw1960
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Spring Shoes
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Yay!!! I started my new budget February 1st before I joined this page. And my family and I are so happy! We actually feel more free on a budget, no more stress about bills, and no more bounced checks!!! it's amazing really, I never thought that cutting out spending money would solve so many of our fights! now I have this awesome page with you all to talk to! Loving it!!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yep I am in again!
    I do have some planned spending (march break) but will continue to meal plan and stick to eating in(instead of out).
    Love this thread, thanks for starting it again

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I am beyond excited for today! I am heading out to walmart to get some mortin and tylenol, I am donating almost all of it to a young moms school here in Ottawa (I am only keeping 3 for my two kids, and I used to attend this school 8 years ago). It is so exciting to be able to give back to the programs that helped me and my son. Just wanted to share this cause I am happy about it, and this felt like a good place to talk about it!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I am beyond excited for today! I am heading out to walmart to get some mortin and tylenol, I am donating almost all of it to a young moms school here in Ottawa (I am only keeping 3 for my two kids, and I used to attend this school 8 years ago). It is so exciting to be able to give back to the programs that helped me and my son. Just wanted to share this cause I am happy about it, and this felt like a good place to talk about it!
    Awesome! How much is the motrin on for? Please share if you don't mind we go through tons............

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

it is on for $3 at walmart, it isnt in the flyer but I have seen it in a few around town. And there is a $3 off any motrin printable coupon also. I dont mind sharing!! If it wasnt for others sharing I wouldnt get half the deals I do now!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

we have a moratorium on eating out in march. We're only eating out 1 day. We'll be in Toronto for my birthday so we're going to have lunch out but other than that nothing!! We're also doing very small grocery shops and planning a weeks worth of meals and sticking to it! We're great at planning, terrible at sticking to it.

I'm also cleaning out my craft room so I'll be putting some of my stampin' up stuff on kijiji for sale to get a little extra cash in.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I'm in. Lent ends March 31st (Easter) so this will help me keep on track. (No excess shopping!)

Speaking of Easter- Found Valentine dinosaur crayons (very cute) for .50, kinder eggs and Lindt chocolate hearts for DS bunny bag. I also found a spiderman puzzle for $1. So far I am $3.00 in for the bag and it is half full. I will make a dino colouring book to go with his crayons and use up some of my scrapbook paper that I have- somewhere. (Joys of renos- you live out of boxes!)

On the upside of a bad thing: my DH and FIL have the stomach bug- so all of the groceries that I bought last week have been untouched. Not sure that I will need to buy much for next week. Except maybe more soup supplies!
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

My stockpile is all bulked up, so I'm in for a frugal March!
    macw1960, lecale and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was thinking about what I could do for March, but I am going to be working out of our other location 2 days a week which means a longer commute and more gas and getting up at 5 am . So this is going to require some extra spending, not to mention all of the stores I will now be driving by two times a week. Thinking this will involve a stop at Timmies every day I work there as I need my caffine. SO hoping for good weather for the month of March which will help. maybe if we get good weather I can make tea at home but if we have bad weather I have to get on the road as early as posible.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm trying to also figure out what if anything I can do differently in March than I did in February, hmmmmm.

DH has been on board for Feb and is on for March and later as we have to catch up on the LOC, we always make more than our min. payment but with dh's pays not being the same all the time it's hard to budget. We did manage to live off his pay cheques for most of Feb but there were a few really tight weeks, we have decided to continue on living off his pays for March but come April I think we'll have to maybe switch to my cheque which is always consistent. Dh works at a school and is not permanent so he won't be getting paid during March March break so I may rethink this before I commit to his pay versus my pay for March.....it's sounding more & more like we should live off mine....hmmmm

We've done all our dessert baking in February with the exception of a 50% pie I purchased last Sat. for our out of town guests, I felt so guilty buying the pie but I just had no desserts, cookies, etc to offer them.

I have learned through my budget for February that the 3rd week or the week that falls on the 24th is our most difficult week so I am planning in March to make smaller payments on the larger bills over the whole month, this way I still make the full payment and it's broken up over a longer period of time.

My stockpile is pitiful, the kids and dh are shocked with how much stuff we ate that we already had.

My freezers can almost be combined to 1, however, I must admit there really isn't much left in there that I want to eat (lol). Porc chops x 8 packages, 4x chicken breasts, 7 x market cut highliner talapia fish, lots of frozen EB Tuscan Blend & Sweet patatoes but I'm sick of them (lol).

I will stock up on meat in March is a fabulous sale comes along on ground beef (not the tubes), porc loin (would be nice), I didn't buy any meat in February and it shows.

My family knows all too much of Frugal February and they are not sad to see it go, however, like I said a few things will change during March but not much.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I a glad that this continues, I need to get right on our budget every month so I could extend my maternity leave , thank you for starting this thread. My stockpile in the freezer is getting low so March will be my time to stock up again for meat, I need to find for good deal for meats and other frozen stuffs.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

The calendar has been flipped over to March and I am ready to start. Today and tomorrow will be spend days as I have to by flea medication for cats (preventive & budgeted for) and fresh fruits & veggies tomorrow.

Don't really know what I can do different except don't take DH shopping with me as he likes to spend more especially in the grocery store as he always has to check out the meat.
    Natalka and jasperandchar like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep going to keep going with march -cause i have a wedding shower on march10-so that cuts into budget-money shower-anyway i am always taking my lunch when i visit my mom in hospital-sold hubby's coat on kijiji got a dollar more than i asked 17.00 used that towards my haircut-only had to spend a few dollars more
    yesterday got 3.90 overage at walmart from my zantac -helps-and got buy 1 gert 1 free at reitmans thanks to a post on here-so a shirt and top for 14.99 havent bought myself anyclothing since dec-got a 25.00 gift card coming from walmart since i did surveys

Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information