• 3 Post By Nova Scotia Coupon Lady
  • 1 Post By kris32
  • 3 Post By Silk
  • 3 Post By Jezebel
  • 1 Post By Nova Scotia Coupon Lady
  • 3 Post By scrapyddm
  • 1 Post By Brynhilde
  • 1 Post By Brynhilde

Thread: Is Walmart changing its coupons policy ... and not for the best????

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

very strange...... one per purchase means one per product!!

I hope this doesn't happen. And this also implies no more overage???
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Well the last part let me beleive it .

When the coupon value exceeds the value of the product , we indicate the retail price of the product on the coupon , to indicate the amount we will be redeeming when sending in the coupon.

If they indicate the amount they are going to redeem ... I suppose they wont give us the overage from their tender. I might have misunderstood that.

Strategic Shopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is so very disappointing....I still believe that part of the one per transaction rule is applied when for instance there is a BOGO coupon. In that case then they would not allow a dollar off coupon on the paid item + free coupon. I think that the coupon should say one coupon per customer or per item(s) and that would clear up the murky waters. This has long been an issue with cashiers because of the coupon language. I thought that some of the newer insert coupons had wording limiting the amount of "like" coupons that could be redeemed in a sale.

The other point about when the coupon value exceeds the price of the item; I HOPE they mean a fpc with a maximum value stated on it and a line to put the actual price. I think that if they do not honor these "overage" coupons that do not have a line for price that many will be submitted at full value; while customer only received partial value. This practice might be considered fraud as the coupon is not supposed to surplus the retailer. Walmart has one of the best coupon policies and they price match. Walmart also has a enviable customer demographic that brings in a lot of revenue.

We are that customer; whether we are occasional coupon users, stockpile gatherers, donators to charity we are by far their most loyal customers. At the end of the day they make more money when we redeem lots of coupons. If they make it difficult for us to shop there; they will be the one who loses out. I am sure that we will find other places happy to have our business. I understand there are those that take advantage of the super mega freebie deals of late. That is the stores discretion as to how many you can buy at a time (when more than a reasonable amount) and as long as the coupon is LEGAL then the store does not lose anything in fact they win in a big way. Even if these abusers attempt to return 200 Children's Tylenol to get cash; Walmart does get reimbursed from submitting the coupon and they get the product back. If they are going to review their current "non coupon policy" they might want to modify the return policy that sends up a flashing red light and alarm when a palette of drugs is returned.

Most people would never dream of abusing this wonderful, family supporting, coupon paradise that many faithful legitimate couponers are a part of. I appreciate what it has done for my family everyday. I also appreciate all the contributions that people do to make sure none of us miss a deal or coupon or freebie. One thing I know for sure is it's high time Walmart got their act together and put out a CLEAR, CANADIAN coupon policy that leaves no room for interpretation.
    Last edited by Nova Scotia Coupon Lady; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

no wonder i finally found zantac 3s lol.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

The reply is from a customer service rep, not necessarily from head office -- no last name, no title. We all know that many reps do not know the company policies, and some make up their own rules. It doesn't mean it's not true, but I will wait to see an updated policy that comes out of head office or until I hear it from head office myself. You can find the WM's policy that was released/updated last year if you do a Google search for WalMart coupon policy. It's from a different site, which is why I'm not putting a link here. But very easy to find when you search.

It would be surprising to see these changes, esp with Target coming -- but that's just my opinion

Silk
    Have a great life!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I have still been getting overages as recent as today as well made a purchase of 4 of the same items with the coupon reading 1 coupon per purchase....

Strategic Shopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The policy Silk mentioned I think is the same policy I have been carrying with me when I shop at Walmart since it was released last year.

The part that alarmed me about this reply was
    "We are now in the process of reviewing our Coupon Policy."

Silk has great points; no last name, title etc....
    Also I have never seen a coupon scanned at Walmart. I know they do scan them in US.
    I also had Target in mind when I read this. Silk is so right, this is not a time to turn away customers. The U.S. policy of giving overage remains the same and unchanged for many years....why would they take aim at Canada and have a policy so different from their U.S. stores.. I wish the policy would be on their Canadian site and not just a letter from a National Customer Relations & Research Manager to an individual person.
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

"One coupon per purchase" means one coupon per transaction"

I see multiple transactions being done in my future with WM if this is true.... More work for the cashier

$5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I noticed as well that for Price Matching, some WM's in the GTA are only allowing you to PM for the exact pictured item a.k.a Selected Varieties

Went in to PM Pantene from No Frills, got told even though I was buying the right size but the Normal type that I could only buy the Volume Shampoo because that's all that's pictured in the flyer. As if No Frills are only going to put the Normal 375ml on sale and not the other ones

Honestly, unless you hear from HEAD OFFICE and its on a piece of paper at the cash, don't buy it.
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapyddm View Post

I see multiple transactions being done in my future with WM if this is true.... More work for the cashier

Indeed!
    torontogal12 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmarts here in NB have a new "system" where when you give them a coupon they will circle the expiration date, underline the Canadian address for redemption and circle any of the "one coupon per x" text. Supposedly they introduced it to force cashiers to check all the coupons, although most cashiers I encounter simply circled the expiry date and place it in their cash drawer.

One cashier, however (in Saint John West), took the whole process very personally and spent about a minute per coupon reading fine print and basically treated me like crud for daring to bog her down with coupons. Her entire demeanor changed once I gave her a coupon and started off with "Alright well I'll have to look at this..." as though I was obviously trying to cheat her. She also called over a manger for a $5 off glade starter kit (at my request, she had refused to accept it outright) because the Glad starter kit didn't say "Starter Kit" on the box, even though it was the same product pictured on the coupon >.< Manager overruled her and that didn't improve her mood any.

I don't think most employees realize coupons are as good as cash to the store; like cash you need to check that they're legit but you're not some scumbag stealing from them by forcing them to use a coupon. Anyways, there's the end of my rant

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

One coupon per purchase MEANS you can use one coupon per item you are purchasing

i.e I am buying 6 dove shampoos, I can use 6 coupon (one coupon on each purchase)

One coupon per transaction MEANS you can only use one coupon per that item you are purchasing

i.e I am buying 6 dove shampoos, I can ONLY use 1 coupon for ALL of my purchases in my transaction

Quote Originally Posted by scrapyddm View Post

Thread Information