• 1 Post By MrsSunshine
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By Brad
  • 2 Post By tobiwobi

Thread: Making my condo smell nice

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can anyone recommend some good products to make my condo smell nice? I tried Febreeze but it only lasts for a few hours then I gotta spray again. And it's way too strong, I want something that's just barely noticeable when you enter. Basically I want it so that when I come home, I'm greeted by a nice smell. I tried searching online but all the info I found seems to be on how to get rid of bad smells, whereas my condo doesn't smell bad, it has no smell at all, and I want to introduce a nice smell.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i had an idea until you metioned leaving and coming home.. I have a 'knock off' Scentsy that i love to use. you put one small square in and turn it on (lightbulb) and leave it.. its a nice light smell but lasts forever.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good products to make my condo smell nice?
    O.k. I'm in a giggly mood. So, my response to your question:
    lady's perfume
    with or without the lady

just jokin'
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    O.k. I'm in a giggly mood. So, my response to your question:
    lady's perfume
    with or without the lady

just jokin'
    haha... and will that increase or decrease my chances of getting lucky when I bring a girl home?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    haha... and will that increase or decrease my chances of getting lucky when I bring a girl home?
    I don't know anything about that.
    Alls I was doing was answering your question about a nice smelling condo.

The rest is up to you...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a air wick freshmatic sprayer in my kitchen on top of my cupboards - the can lasts a month and I hardly notice it until i leave and return to the smell of vanilla. Everyone that enters our apt. mentions how nice it smells - just a thought

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I bought an airwick plug-in. Apple cinnamon scent, I think. It's really nice, smells like apple pie.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I actually don't like those "smellies"...I think they are full of chemicals. I would rather get rid of or take care of things that cause bad smells in the house...so making sure messes are cleaned up, clothes are laundered, teenagers are bathed, etc. I would much rather the house smell like nothing, than to walk into one that smells like wet dog or musty gym bag.
    secheltsaver and isthia like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well right now it has no smell at all and I keep it very clean so that's not a concern. But I want some nice inviting smell to welcome me home. But I definitely don't want any toxic chemicals, I want something natural that won't affect my health.
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Airwick plugins are awesome. That was my recommendation as well!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When you peel an orange with a knife, try to peel the fruit in one continuous strip. Leave strip in a small wicker basket to dry over the days.
    Make a pot of Earl Grey tea when you get home. Pour some into a mug for you and let the pot sit on the stovetop to "scent" the house.
    Open a window for a few minutes when you get home. That helps to air out rooms too. Makes one keen to warm something up in the kitchen too.

Plug-ins-I find them annoying. I had not realized when I was helping a friend set up in her rental room that there was a plug-in in the hallway. It was only when I was seated on the floor trying to put a shelving unit together that I kept smelling "perfume" and my friend pointed out the outlet across the hall from the room.

Best scent ever-line dried bedding on a sunny and breezy day. When you make up the bed, you smell the sunshine and fresh air-you'll fall asleep quickly!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have a big dog smell greeting me at the door. Comes with the big dog nose poking through as i open the door, and lots of excitement that I'm back
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I rarely use products to scent my home, as most are laden with chemicals and give me headaches...but a year ago, on a whim, I bought a Nature Clean air freshener. The company makes eco-friendly cleaning products that I had used before and liked. Well! I was so glad I made the purchase! I chose the lavender & vanilla (even though I'm not really a lavender lover) and the scent was so light, natural, and refreshing. Really nice. They also make Citrus Breeze, Lime Twist, and Geranium & Orange.

Here is a link to Nature Clean's air freshener page:

http://www.naturecleanliving.com/air_fresheners

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with what a lot of people are saying about layering your home with chemicals to make it smell good. Having said that, an effective way is to use one drop of essential oil on a cotton ball and leave it in an inconspicuous spot. A small bottle of essential oil can cost anywhere from $7 to $30 depending on the scent you pick, but they last a very long time. At the cheaper end, you'll find peppermint, lemon, tea tree, lemongrass, orange, grapefruit, lavender, and eucaliptus.

This work very well in the bathroom, if you know what I mean, and one drop in the toilet boll will eradicate any other smell in a minute or two.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Spring and warmer temperatures are coming. I generally open all the windows and doors for circulation. The air gets stale over winter. While they're open, wash all the fabrics like sofa covers, cushion covers, curtains, and all the house linens. Then do your whites and your darks that need washing. Fabrics are amazing retainers of smell (which is why products like Febreeze are targeted for textiles).

I also have a metal candle holder with an oil well at the top. You can get large bags of tealights for a dollar or two, add a few drops of scented oil at the top, and let it run it's course, depending on how potent the smell you're trying to get rid of. By this time, your freshly laundered linens should be done. By the time you put everything away, you can shut all your doors and windows, put away the candle, and fold all your laundry.

That was my spring cleaning ritual when I lived in a condo. It works for a house as well, but a condo is so much more fun to clean.

Thread Information