User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Went to Target opening in Milton today.....it sucks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the opening of Target in Milton today and boy was I disappointed.
    First the good...The store looks really nice, well organized and bright.
    all the employees seem ready to help.
    They have a lot of nice looking kids and babies clothing.
    They have a Star bucks inside.

The bad...
    No grand opening sale.
    No flyer.
    No $1 target brand section like in theU.S
    Nothing was on sale.
    Prices on every day things, toys, electronics were still more then Walmart.
    The clothing was all considerably more then in the U.S a lot higher then Walmart.
    I was so disappointed i thought we were getting the real Target not an expensive version that seems to want to compete with the Bay instead of Walmart.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, The Bay, Walmart
    Skippy, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is just a soft opening so there will not be any grand opening sales yet. Probably a number of weeks down the road.

That is too bad that there is no $1 section though!
    PammieD and joleneyoung like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Customer service sounds encouraging. I'd venture into a Target because I don't visit the States for shopping, so this would be a "new store" experience for me. Waiting for Burlington store launch.
    princessjen and sweetmomma like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Sounds like Walmart has nothing to worry about in terms of keeping me as a customer ... atleast for another month or two.
    sweetmomma and ishyx0x like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They've been advertising for months now that they will not be priced the same as in the U.S. and that their pricing will be competitive with current Canadian retailers. They're a business and they aren't really here to lose money. However, I do expect them to have a good deal once in awhile. Overall, I expect them to be just as expensive as Walmart.

http://business.financialpost.com/20...ct-u-s-prices/

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

You do realize that just because we have a Target in Canada now that the prices will NOT be the same as the US nor will the sales be the same - I will have to find the article I read on this where Target had commented that while it will open stores here in Canada the best prices and deals will still be across the border

Edit the link is in above posters comment
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could forgive Target higher price but I don't forgive lack of selection.I won't be shopping there.
    matrix82 and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Give them a fee weeks to work out the kinks. I'm sure the prices will drop and they'll have a grand opening within a month.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a soft-opening people, relax. Of course no grand opening, no flyer, no sale. Soft openings don't have those. They don't happen for a couple of weeks later.

And who in their right minds believe there would be a sale on the very first day? You can't have a sale on something you never sold yet. You can't invent a sale on prices you just pull out of arse, sheesh.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well, i can understand the excitement, but perhaps it is a little too soon to voice disappointment.

it wasn't a grand opening. so of course no special sales. that would have been a given.

a soft opening is an oppurtunity to start making introductions, and see if the way they have set things up will work smoothly. a chance for employees of all levels start to use their extensive training into practice.

they never stated that they would be distributing flyers yet. really, it wouldn't have made any sense to have a flyer printed just for in store use, especially when they aren't having a special event of any kind yet.

in all honesty, my expectation is that the quality will be a little better than walmart. that includes quality of their own house brands, other brands that they carry, quality of service etc. target seems to put a lot of effort into making sure that they offer unique items to their customers.

a $1 section might not have been their top priority right now. that is understandable.

i absolutely do not mind paying more than walmart prices if the quality, selection and style warrant it.
    personally, i can't stand the quality of walmart's house brands. i am really looking forward to being able to purchase some of target's exclusives, of which there are so many that are styled by well known designers.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have never been to a Target store in my life but looking forward to a better variety of clothing for my boys who wear size 3 & 5. I will pay a little more if I like the style because Walmart doesn't have much for them and what they do have most times I can buy a brand name from a Childrens store for the same price!
    matrix82 and anisa like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by laliijmarc View Post
    I went to the opening of Target in Milton today and boy was I disappointed.
    First the good...The store looks really nice, well organized and bright.
    all the employees seem ready to help.
    They have a lot of nice looking kids and babies clothing.
    They have a Star bucks inside.

The bad...
    No grand opening sale.
    No flyer.
    No $1 target brand section like in theU.S
    Nothing was on sale.
    Prices on every day things, toys, electronics were still more then Walmart.
    The clothing was all considerably more then in the U.S a lot higher then Walmart.
    I was so disappointed i thought we were getting the real Target not an expensive version that seems to want to compete with the Bay instead of Walmart.
    Just curious did you see SCOP stickers?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    personally, i can't stand the quality of walmart's house brands. i am really looking forward to being able to purchase some of target's exclusives, of which there are so many that are styled by well known designers.
    This is what I'm really looking forward to!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    well, i can understand the excitement, but perhaps it is a little too soon to voice disappointment.

it wasn't a grand opening. so of course no special sales. that would have been a given.

a soft opening is an oppurtunity to start making introductions, and see if the way they have set things up will work smoothly. a chance for employees of all levels start to use their extensive training into practice.

they never stated that they would be distributing flyers yet. really, it wouldn't have made any sense to have a flyer printed just for in store use, especially when they aren't having a special event of any kind yet.

in all honesty, my expectation is that the quality will be a little better than walmart. that includes quality of their own house brands, other brands that they carry, quality of service etc. target seems to put a lot of effort into making sure that they offer unique items to their customers.

a $1 section might not have been their top priority right now. that is understandable.

i absolutely do not mind paying more than walmart prices if the quality, selection and style warrant it.

Well put. They are not a deep discount retailer, hence the Starbucks and not a McDonalds. What they have always offered is many exclusive fashionable items in most of their departments as well as a good asst of everyday name brand items. What you won't find is a dept, toys for example, jammed with every toy imaginable, but rather a good asst of the top toys.

When they discount their product, it's done well with progressive markdowns and this product is kept on back ends or back of the dept for fashion. But that won't be for a while.

Can't wait to go back when its not sooooo busy.
    matrix82 and xox2010 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs101 View Post

Well put. They are not a deep discount retailer, hence the Starbucks and not a McDonalds. What they have always offered is many exclusive fashionable items in most of their departments as well as a good asst of everyday name brand items. What you won't find is a dept, toys for example, jammed with every toy imaginable, but rather a good asst of the top toys.

When they discount their product, it's done well with progressive markdowns and this product is kept on back ends or back of the dept for fashion. But that won't be for a while.

Can't wait to go back when its not sooooo busy.
    If Target Canada are so supposedly desperate to be Canadian why not have a Tim Hortons in every store instead of Starbucks.
    matrix82 and bluerose like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information