User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lecale,

I can see how you would go your own way with respect to dinner.....I bursted out laughing because my dad cooks like that "Experiemental Cooking" is what he calls it, this & that, a can of this & that and ta dah....It's like what the hell is that and it "normally looks really gross but smells awesome" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I bought dh 3 t-bones for $15.50 at FB and that made me nervous a sec but hey that's 6 times dh can make his own dinner for about $2.50. He likes a lot of things from the deli and I am trying to show him he can eat real premium beef for the same price per meal as a dagwood sandwich. You can't beat ground beef for cheap though and since it is something we just have to have on hand I feel no guilt in stocking at the same level (smaller packs though).

Yesterday I came home and dh had made one of his man creations: about 16 cups of chili made from ground beef and everything that comes from a can. Canned tomatoes, two kinds of sauce, two kinds of mushrooms, french cut green beans (?), pork and beans, you name it, if you could buy it in a can, it was in there. So I had pea soup. We still have pork roast kicking around and there are ingredients for a bunch of other meals...I am glad dh has chili and some steaks to keep him occupied because I have plans involving beans and spinach that he will not eat. It looks like we are on separate paths with our meals for a few weeks again, though.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I agree lunch meat is absurd in cost and if from the deli it doesn't last long (3-4 days max and then it's no good), we do the same cook roast and or use leftover meats for lunch sandwiches ++++ I think it's way more healty anyways and YUMMY!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Sandwich meat completely kills a budget. I am not sure when sandwich meat got so expensive. We now find it cheaper to make some sort of roasted item (Chicken, Beef or Ham) and use the leftovers for Sandwiches. So much cheaper, if I buy meat and buns just for me to make sandwiches 4 days a week (I usually give myself a treat once a week of like nachos and dip or leftovers) it is around $7.00 to $10.00 and that is just lunch for me.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

continue with us on Frugal March Chatter "Marching on" to continue the frugal discussions into March.
    Insane likes this.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread Information