User Tag List

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So I started my spring cleaning today. I also decided to try to make a few of my own homemade cleaners. I am making lemon cleaner, using lemon peels and vinegar (wanted to do orange but we only have one orange in the house but had some lemons that were pass their prime but not going bad yet so I used these instead). This is now sitting under the sink for 2 weeks.

I also made a spray to use on our fridge using vinegar, lemon juice and water. I have this thing about poisoning myself. It is part of my OCDs which are getting better, I used to not even be able to put windshield washer in my car without worrying I got it on my hands and even after washing them I would worry I was going to make myself sick. So because of this I cannot bring myself to use Lysol spray in the fridge, I know to some it is weird but I cannot help it, if I use Lysol spray I than need to rinse it all down with water and something that should have taken 30 minutes would have taken about 2 hours and even than I would be worried and thinking about it. It worked great, got all the marks off the shelves and had that squeaky clean sound.

I combined some of the boxes in our house and was able to break down some boxes and take them out giving us a little bit more room. I also packed up a bunch of clothes we have to donate and some personal care items to go to the food bank. Apparently my hair no longer liked Pantene so I am going to donate a few I had in my stockpile. Also got all of my weekend chores done, laundry is done, bathroom is cleaned.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    No, not for us. We renew next year, and quite frankly, I LOVE my mortgage. Is that strange to say? I can make an additional payment of any amount at any time. I can pay a lump payment of 20% of my initial mortgage amount every year (not that I have pulled this off yet). It is really flexible and I hope that I can renew with something like it next year. Yes interest is huge on a mortgage. But how one manages their mortgage has a great impact as well. I love what I can do with this one.
    Back when we had a mortgage we had the 20% prepayment flexibility per year, as well as optional double up payments each month. Most banks offer these flexible options. If it's not offered to you, ask for them.

I just wanted to comment on two things though:

1. For anyone planning to stay with their current lender, most lenders will let you renew up to 6 months prior to your renewal date if you wish. This is great in an environment where you're hoping to renew at a rate lower than your current rate, as you can save on the interest sooner rather than later.

2. It's not always 3 months interest to break, it's actually the higher of 3 mths interest or the "interest rate differential".

You can read more on how the interest rate differential is calculated here:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mortgage...t-charges.html
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    SO I had the laundry all ready to be hung outside and then the stupid scaffolding which has been there for over 1 year now but who's counting is in the friggin' way, If the snow would melt in record speed I wouldn't be so upset (mother nature).

I love love the smell of laundry hung outside and now I'm kinda pissed off about the stupid scaffolding and not being able to dry the sheets outside. Dh got an ear-load from me and has agreed to finish the trim on the window which is why the dam thing is there in the first place FOR OVER A YEAR and then has promised take down all the scaffolding except the last one which is covered in ice/snow mix this friggin week.....

I wish I could hang outside, but I live in the city and have a very small backyard, and nothing to tie a clothesline to. I looked at some of the free standing dryers but they looked like they would blow over very easily. So I hang indoors instead. I haven't used the dryer in months and feel really good about it.
    Insane, macw1960, lecale and 2 others like this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have a rack in our basement we hang clothes on. A good portion of laundry has to hang up but I do not hang anything outside. A few years ago I developed multiple outdoor allergies one of which was too grass and it never failed if we had anything outside someone would cut there grass and the wind would be blowing in our direction and my clothes would than cause me to break out. **knock on wood** I have not broke out in a long time but we will continue to hang all of our laundry in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    I wish I could hang outside, but I live in the city and have a very small backyard, and nothing to tie a clothesline to. I looked at some of the free standing dryers but they looked like they would blow over very easily. So I hang indoors instead. I haven't used the dryer in months and feel really good about it.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning everyone!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!! March break is upon us.... Omg!! Lol!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I finally got ink and was ready to print the Kellooggs coupon for Nutrigrain and now it's gone

Does anyone have one to trade?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Something to consider and your mom may find it inspiring is to donate your grandma's clothing to a nursing home, as some ladies do not have the means or the funds to get clothing that fits them.

I know that when my husbands grandma passed away my inlaws did this upon my suggestion and the nursing home was so happy as some of the ladies
    1. don' t have $ to buy clothing
    2. alot of them do not have family members nearby to purchase clothing for them
    3. it gets re-used and it's a great feeling.

Mention it to your mom and see what she says.

I'm inspired to start spring cleaning but I think I will hold off a little while longer (lol) great job that your getting a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    So I started my spring cleaning today. I also decided to try to make a few of my own homemade cleaners. I am making lemon cleaner, using lemon peels and vinegar (wanted to do orange but we only have one orange in the house but had some lemons that were pass their prime but not going bad yet so I used these instead). This is now sitting under the sink for 2 weeks.

I also made a spray to use on our fridge using vinegar, lemon juice and water. I have this thing about poisoning myself. It is part of my OCDs which are getting better, I used to not even be able to put windshield washer in my car without worrying I got it on my hands and even after washing them I would worry I was going to make myself sick. So because of this I cannot bring myself to use Lysol spray in the fridge, I know to some it is weird but I cannot help it, if I use Lysol spray I than need to rinse it all down with water and something that should have taken 30 minutes would have taken about 2 hours and even than I would be worried and thinking about it. It worked great, got all the marks off the shelves and had that squeaky clean sound.

I combined some of the boxes in our house and was able to break down some boxes and take them out giving us a little bit more room. I also packed up a bunch of clothes we have to donate and some personal care items to go to the food bank. Apparently my hair no longer liked Pantene so I am going to donate a few I had in my stockpile. Also got all of my weekend chores done, laundry is done, bathroom is cleaned.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Actually we did donate some of her clothes. She had a bit of a shopping addiction before she passed spending massive amounts on clothes. She broke up all her clothes to who she wanted to give them too but a few people declined the clothes. Anything that was left over was donated to the diabetic association. I think we donated 13 garbage bags and that was not even half of her clothes.

I discovered yesterday a lot of what is in the living room/dining room are things that are for other people who have not taken them yet or they need to be shipped too them and for various reasons we have been unable to ship. As well mom has moved a large amount of her cake stuff back upstairs. When she is not looking I will start moving it back downstairs. I also forgot about the boxes for the food bank, why oh why does our food bank have such horrible hours. Maybe next month if I am not working out of one of our other locations I will see if I can slip out and take these to the food bank since the only accept donations when I have to work. But with the new location set to open next month I have no idea where I will be working since I did offer if they needed me to I would go and work at the new location for a week or two.

Sadly my spring cleaning may now go downhill, I am into week 2 of rotating locations and it is starting to feel like I am never home other than to sleep. Got nothing done today and I have to get ready to head to Dad's soon for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Something to consider and your mom may find it inspiring is to donate your grandma's clothing to a nursing home, as some ladies do not have the means or the funds to get clothing that fits them.

I know that when my husbands grandma passed away my inlaws did this upon my suggestion and the nursing home was so happy as some of the ladies
    1. don' t have $ to buy clothing
    2. alot of them do not have family members nearby to purchase clothing for them
    3. it gets re-used and it's a great feeling.

Mention it to your mom and see what she says.

I'm inspired to start spring cleaning but I think I will hold off a little while longer (lol) great job that your getting a head start.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I also forgot about the boxes for the food bank, why oh why does our food bank have such horrible hours. Maybe next month if I am not working out of one of our other locations I will see if I can slip out and take these to the food bank since the only accept donations when I have to work.
    If it is more convenient for you, look for a shelter, a soup kitchen, or even a young mother's resource centre. You may find one of these with hours that are easier for you to get too. I volunteer at one of these type agencies and we accept walk in donations @ anytime. Simply, we need it for our clients.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hung my laundry, used coupons for my needs.
    furnace is off
    and just chilling with the family.
    Insane, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

If you put your food bank donations in the car they will get there faster at least that is what I have found helps me.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Another no spend day. Spent some of the afternoon outside with DH as it was so nice out.
    Did some odd outdoor chores and discovered that I have 2 crocuses in bloom, 1 purple and 1 yellow.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Made banana bread, minus the bananas, plus a half can canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and white chocolate chips...they turned out really nice!
    Sounds yummy. Banana bread with chocolate chips is really good too.

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information