User Tag List

Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good monday morning.
    I am sitting here waiting for my tires to be aligned. A month or so ago, I hit a patch of black ice which spun my car around and my back tire hit the curb/bank. It totally threw off my steering and I have been driving it like that ever since. The older girls and I are heading to Buffalo for two nights and they are driving me nuts asking when its gonna be ready lol.
    Such a pain too because we all have to get in dh's car and drive to the place. Yuck lol.

I will be checking in when I'm at my hotel (free wifi). I hope you all have a great day!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good monday morning.
    I am sitting here waiting for my tires to be aligned. A month or so ago, I hit a patch of black ice which spun my car around and my back tire hit the curb/bank. It totally threw off my steering and I have been driving it like that ever since. The older girls and I are heading to Buffalo for two nights and they are driving me nuts asking when its gonna be ready lol.
    Such a pain too because we all have to get in dh's car and drive to the place. Yuck lol.

I will be checking in when I'm at my hotel (free wifi). I hope you all have a great day!
    Just got the call from the auto place. Need a battery too. UGH.
    gourmetsue and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

This just proves to me that we need a dislike button too! I dislike this for you! LOL!
    Insane, lecale and jasperandchar like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Well look at it this way...In a few hours you'll be in Buffalo relaxing by the pool or what not...and this will just be a forgotten morning .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh how I miss March Break, a week off. Now a week off just leads to a massive headache with what all can pile up well I am away. Still wondering if the a vacataion is worth what you come back too. On that note is it too early to start counting down to Shut Down in December?????????
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

there goes the When it Rains it Pours thing again!

Have a great time with the girls in BUF.

Happy monday!

Went out this morning and ordered our new garage door. Going to save $150 by paying cash. Better than nothing.

Dh isn't coming home for lunch today so i'm going to get to baking and fill the freezer with some goodies and meals so when his uncle comes in a couple of weeks and then it's off to make a shopping list and hit the shops for groceries.

Hope those with kiddies are enjoying a frugal start to the march break!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Let us know how your eggless creations turn out, I've in the past make eggless cookies just because we didn't have any and ds wanted to bake, they turned out really good but I don't know if I wrote the recipe down (lol).

I had big plans for March break but now I have the cold/flu so I'm am still going to do a few things but I think I will pass on the canning plans I had, kinda dissapointed but oh well, not a great time to bake/can stuff with all the germs.

However, I am helping dh finish off a whole list of small renovations that we started and never finished but he is getting over his cold, so we are both not 100%.

Lots of appointments to go to this week which should break up the week.
    March break doesn't start until next week for us. It's 2 weeks here. Growing up in Quebec I remember it being 2 weeks, but when we moved to Ontario, it was only 1. Hubby is a teacher, so we never have to worry about childcare over march break. Once March break is over for us, it'll be back to work for me. I don't wanna go back to work; I've enjoyed my year off.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I hated going back to work, and I just have the one child. However, now that I am home more often- I miss the adult talk... A LOT.. which may be reflected in how often I post here...mmmm.....

So, I finally did what I had been putting of... DS and I with gloves on hand went to our dirty 1/2 finished basement and took out EVERYTHING that was in our freezer. I thought I "knew" everything in there. I didn't because I found a few surprises. The inventory of the freezer is now on my computer (where I meal plan) as well as my fridge.

The surprises is that I don't have as many tuscan veggies left, but do have lots of fruit essentials. I also found 2 pkgs of ground chicken, which is great as FIL can't have beef often as it affects his gout. And a pie... I found a pie. DH will be VERY happy with that for dinner.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Oh how I miss March Break, a week off. Now a week off just leads to a massive headache with what all can pile up well I am away. Still wondering if the a vacataion is worth what you come back too. On that note is it too early to start counting down to Shut Down in December?????????

Just a little but you can count down to the Easter long weekend.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i found this on another site hope it helps
    No-grate Liquid Laundry Detergent

3 TBS Borax,
    2 TBS super washing soda,
    2 Tbs Blue Dawn dish detergent.
    Put into gallon jug. Pour in 4 cups boiling water and swirl until powders are dissolved. Let liquid cool, then fill almost to top with cold water. Bubbles will foam out a bit. This is thin, but Dawn does get the grease out. Use ½ to 1 cup per load.

Homemade Stain Remover (Shout)
    1. 2/3 cups Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
    2. 2/3 cups ammonia
    3. 6 Tblsp baking soda
    4. 2 cups warm water
    Mix everything together and pour into a spray bottle, OR, use an empty dish detergent squeeze bottle, as sometimes the spray bottles will clog up.
    Before you go to use it…if it’s been sitting for awhile…give it a good shake.
    To use: spray on stains as you normally would. Maybe let it “soak in” for a few minutes at least. Then launder as usual. If you leave on more than 20 hrs it may cause fading; so don’t let sit. Otherwise it is safe to use on colored clothes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I'm always wary of these home made detergents I have read horror stories about people having their washing machines / pipes clogged. Has anyone made and used one?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    I'm always wary of these home made detergents I have read horror stories about people having their washing machines / pipes clogged. Has anyone made and used one?
    Yep for eight months now. Review and recipe is on post #358 on pg 24. I have a HE. Because it is thin- no clogging.

PAGE 24??? Wow, can't believe we are on pg 32 of posts already and it is only the 11th!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Yep for eight months now. Review and recipe is on post #358 on pg 24. I have a HE. Because it is thin- no clogging.

PAGE 24??? Wow, can't believe we are on pg 32 of posts already and it is only the 11th!!!!
    Awesome Thanks. As soon as I get through this lot of washing liquid I'm going to give it a go.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Question of the night is:

Can you freeze cottage cheese and what is it like when thawed?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have never tried it but do not think it would work. Most soft cheeses cannot be frozen as their texture completely changes when they are frozen. I think the curds and liquid would completely separate.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Question of the night is:

Can you freeze cottage cheese and what is it like when thawed?

Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information