User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Abortion

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only women that I know who were ever happy in their lives waited until they were in a loving relationship and chose to have children.

A few people I know had abortions and they were pleased with the decision. They hurt for their choice, but knew that having a child at that point in their lives was not good for them or the child.
    A couple chose adoptions. They had some major emotional issues because they had bonded with the baby and then gave them up.
    The ones that chose to keep their babies ended up harbouring a lot of anger and resentment towards the children and did not provide them with a good life.

being a mother is the hardest job out there.
    It is harder doing it alone and with little support.
    Yet it is also the most rewarding.

The only thing I can suggest is to think about what you want out of life, weigh each option carefully and make the decision that is best suited for you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by i_forget; Tue, Mar 12th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

eeeks.this is not a good one to start....my thoughts i will say simply are i am pro choice,i have my reasons,with that i will say i wish you the best and i advise you to think hard and talk to your doctor and to someone you trust,and if possible the other person involved,i give you hugs and good thoughts..
    ticul, Sunshyne1, i_forget and 1 others like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

although i am pro choice i am thankful for my son everyday,he was not planned or wanted but he is now,things can change,always think hard about it,do not feel guilty about what you choose,just giving you another angle from someone who contemplated it...
    ticul and i_forget like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    although i am pro choice i am thankful for my son everyday,he was not planned or wanted but he is now,things can change,always think hard about it,do not feel guilty about what you choose,just giving you another angle from someone who contemplated it...
    Sigh...I was really resisting the urge to post but....same thing. I look at him now and I sorta hurt thinking how I ever thought about it. I say my son was a gift I never knew I wanted.

I struggled a lot when he was little. I was a student and about as poor as could be. I remember crying when I found out he needed glasses, not cause he needed glasses but because I had no idea where I was going to get the money to pay for them. It actually makes me teary even right now thinking about how rough it was, but me, personally, never regretted my decision to not follow through with it.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont want childrens for now..this is why abstinence or contraceptive pills or condoms exist.It it both the guy and girl to see the consequences and take action to the fact it will not happen.That is all I can say.A ex-friend of mine had a baby and relied to his mother and social assistance for her needs.Not the best choice for her and the baby...
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 12th, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
    ticul and vesper like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow! That is a touchy subject. I really think you need to talk to somone. You seem not sure of your decision, but really think about it and than make the decision that is good for you and you always make sure you can live with your decision. Too any decision we make there is always concequences to live. Make sure of your decision, because this is a decision that you will probably think about for the rest of your life. I did know two types of people : One that was careless and had 3 or 4 abortion and onother one was that she really regret getting an abortion and find really hard to live (to this day) with regrets and not knowing. Only you can make's that decision and making sure that you are ok with. Whatever decision you make no one this site will jude you, because i think we are all mature women and men. I never had to make that decision so, i really feel for you....Take good care, because i care............
    cath007 and i_forget like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I think you need to talk to a professional, not on a public forum. You are just opening yourself up to a lot of drama and hurt. This sounds like an attention seeking post and I'm afraid the answers you get aren't going to be very pleasant.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you need someone to talk to, there's a crisis pregnancy centre in Calgary where they offer pre and post abortion counselling (Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre). I think they might be pro-life, but these organizations try to be supportive and non-judgemental to women who come to them. It would just be someone to talk to who has some idea of what you are going through. If you want something strictly pro-choice, see if there's a Planned Parenthood in your area.
    Insane, xox2010 and PammieD like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please talk to someone,maybe a counsellor or good friend. What does the childs father say? His life will be affected with either choice,and he deserves to help make this decision. This is a difficult choice for anyone to make and an internet forum may not be the best place to get advice.
    abbasgirl, Natalka, Insane and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

My opinion shouldn't and doesn't mean anything to you. It sounds like you are struggling and need someone to talk to about this.....so I suggest you find someone that is unbiased to talk to, support and help you through this.
    Last edited by redhdlois; Tue, Mar 12th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

personally, I would never have one, as I don't believe in it. BUT, I do believe it is a choice for everyone woman to have. I have to agree with what another memeber said on here. Do what your heart tells you to do. I know it must be a hard choice to make, but, this is your future and your life we are talking about. How does your partner feel about it? Maybe talking with him and seeing what he has to say could also help you make a choice that is best for you as well.

I wish you nothing but happiness and I hope you make the choice that is right for you.
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    If you really feel you have to advertise this subject on the internet.. then you should be talking to people closer to you and your situation...

Internet people shouldn't be dragged into your on-going drama. Unless you thrive on the drama you are creating...

AKA You are a t!roll
    Darth, as sad as this may sound, not everyone HAS someone close enough to talk to.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Darth, as sad as this may sound, not everyone HAS someone close enough to talk to.
    I was going to say this too There are a lot of people who really do NOT have anyone to turn to, or the only people they do have would immediately jump on them and lose their marbles because they don't agree with the decision.

Sometimes when people turn to the internet, they aren't creating 'drama' nor do they thrive on it. It's a touchy subject yes, but some people really don't have anyone to turn to.

Darth, if this person had 2 posts, I could support you saying they may be trolling, but they have 900+ posts and have been around for a while.

I think you really jumped the shark making comments like that, they were harsh and very unnecessary. She's not dragging anyone into her drama, I think she sincerely just needs some help, support and a caring ear.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Ultimately, you have to do what you think is best for you...everyone can give there opinion and add advice, but whether its medical, emotional...whatever, you have to do what you have to do......

im very pro choice, I don't think it's fair for others to decide what they think is best for a person other than themselves....good luck with whatever you choose
    ....just be happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information