User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Abortion

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    not trying for drama simply looking for advise from all angles if i had people i can talk to closer i would.... i have nobody aside from one friend and the bf who would understand.. a lot has changed in my life and i need peoples advise and ppl to talk to even and i dont fully have thaat at the moment.
    idonovan, thank you for sharing such a very personal topic and a very difficult decision for you and your partner.

Would you consider talking to a family health nurse at Alberta Health Services for help, support and direction? These health professionals are skilled and deal with very similar decisions that you are making right now, on a regular basis.

Anyone in Alberta with a health concern can call:

• Toll-free:
      1-866-408-5465 (LINK)
    • Edmonton:
      780-408-5465 (LINK)
    • Calgary:
      403-943-5465 (LINK)

I am hoping for a good outcome for you and your family!
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Tue, Mar 12th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

thank you guys for all the help and support i kow its a public forum but still thank you

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

idonovan, I apologize for my earlier statement... I have talked about many personal topics on this forum and I've been blessed by the wonderful people on SC. I know I sounded harsh, so for the I'm sorry Everyone needs a place to vent and to talk and SC has been that for me, more times than I can count!!!

In the end, you have to do what is best for you. It's not something that I've ever really thought about, and no one should judge you if they haven't been where you are, and even if they have... nobody knows you like YOU do and if you know in your heart that you're doing the wrong thing that THAT is what you have to do.
    anisa, Jezebel, aussie and 4 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Personally I'm completely agaisnt abortion. I couldn't ever even consider it. That's just who I am.

I'm also very pro choice though. I dont believe people should have the right to tell others what to do, everyone has to do what is right for them.

Having said that I really do urge you (or anyone else) to look at all sides and really think hard on your decision. I realize it's not an easy one so it shouldn't be taken lightly. An abortion isn't an "easy way out". A friend had one years ago and to this day regrets her decision. She is now 35 and cannot have a baby (has been trying for 7+ years). I also know of one woman (a friend of a friend) who had one and has never regretted the decision, she actually had a precedure so that she can't get pregnant shortly after having the adoption.

Have you been to a doctor? Will the pregnancy really have a huge impact on your health? Do you want kids? Is adoption possible? There's so many questions, you really need to take time and look at every angle and make the most informed decision. I wish you all the best.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Not everybody can be an evil Overlady with minions and yes-penguins to use as sounding boards. Many humans enjoy having non-judgemental opinions from folks who are not emotionally charged from being too close to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    If you really feel you have to advertise this subject on the internet.. then you should be talking to people closer to you and your situation...

Internet people shouldn't be dragged into your on-going drama. Unless you thrive on the drama you are creating...

AKA You are a t!roll

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

OP, my opinion is neither here nor there, since I'm not the one who has to deal with the consequences.

When I have a difficult decision to make, I've found the best way to keep emotion from overwhelming me is to take a sheet of paper and do a pro/con list. Make sure you write down every single thing you can think of. As I see it, you have three options: terminate the pregnancy, keep the baby, give the baby up for adoption. Take each option and use the pro/con approach.

Just remember, whatever decision you make, there are lots of wonderful people here on SC that will be supportive, regardless of how they feel about your choice.

One final thing, please find a method of birth control that works for you. You don't want to end up in a similar situation in the future. And I can attest from personal experience that there are dozens of fun things one can do that will not result in pregnancy.
    linnyeg, Insane, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

baby would actually be the worst thing to happen as not only would my body due to medical issues have issues holding the baby after the 3ed trimester but im an unemployed student who lives with a bf on assisted income.
    I don't know the situation or anything so won't comment on the rest...I'm not for or against abortion and think as long as it's not being used as a birth control method every time, there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't know your situation or if you are currently taking or using any methods of birth control but if you aren't you should look into options in your area. I'm sure there has to be resources available that help low income and students with the costs associated and may provide condoms and things like that free of charge. Are you a full time student? It might be worth looking into and seeing if you have drug coverage from the school. If you do the cost of birth control should be covered. There may be a deductible, but at least once that is paid off the rest of the year you would be able to be on it without it costing you anything.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

im separated from my hubby he is not the father yet he is willing to take me back pregnant and support me n the future baby and raise it as his own. i got a lot to think about now.
    Insane, lilo0003, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! That's quite an offer!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

that is a very good offer, most men would not do what he is saying he will do for you. I hope you keep thinking and look into your heart that will give you the answer that is right for you.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I'm sure there has to be resources available that help low income and students with the costs associated and may provide condoms and things like that free of charge. Are you a full time student? It might be worth looking into and seeing if you have drug coverage from the school. If you do the cost of birth control should be covered. There may be a deductible, but at least once that is paid off the rest of the year you would be able to be on it without it costing you anything.
    Yes. And resources available for anyone (student or not) in Alberta
    Alberta Health Services
    http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/...rvice&rid=5884"Birth Control Centre

Alternate names: BCC

Services offered include:
    Low-cost contraceptives including:

• Birth control pills
    • Depo Provera injections (depo shots)
    • NuvaRing
    • EVRA patch
    • Condoms
    • Intrauterine devices (IUDs) are offered at the Seventh Street Plaza location but counselling ONLY is provided at the Armoury Youth Centre location
    • Diaphragms are offered at the Seventh Street Plaza location but counselling ONLY is provided at the Armoury Youth Centre location
    • Vaginal contraceptive film

Emergency Contraceptive Pill (the Morning After Pill/Plan B)
    Sexual health related testing including:

• Pregnancy testing
    • Cervical Screening (pap tests) are offered at the Seventh Street Plaza location but counselling ONLY is provided at the Armoury Youth Centre location
    • Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) testing

Clients are welcome to bring their partner or a friend for support.
    Available to

Teenage girls and women with financial challenges who are not able to afford or access birth control.
    Fees

Birth Control Methods provided at a reduced cost.
    Service providers

Female Registered Nurses, Physicians

Service locations

Please visit the links below for more details about this service at various locations.

• Armoury Youth Centre
      Outreach Clinic, Youth Empowerment & Support Services
      10310 85 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T6E 5R3; 780-468-7070
    • Seventh Street Plaza
      405 North Tower
      10030 107 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3E4; 780-735-0010"

idonovan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. whatever your choice is be it going back to your husband, adoption or abortion you need to surround yourself with support. having a child is forever but guilt and regret can take an emotional toll too. i'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way and hope that you make the decision that is best for you.
    nothingfancy

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Sending positive thoughts your way. Although I do not believe this is an appropriate post for a public forum, I understand that you must feel very alone and desperate. There are options out there besides abortion and I hope that you research them and make an informed decision. Best of luck.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

As for your original question, I would never have an abortion. I am pro-life, but, am reluctantly, pro-choice because of the free country we live in.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

im separated from my hubby he is not the father yet he is willing to take me back pregnant and support me n the future baby and raise it as his own. i got a lot to think about now.
    Wow! If he is willing to do that,it shows he sure loves you a lot! Not many guys would do that, he's one-in-a-million. Best wishes!
    idonovan likes this.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information