User Tag List

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to get one of these cards but I don't have an SDM in my town which is no big deal we travel lots in the summer..
    The Leverage Season 5 DVD team has moved to Revolution DVD 1 begins, and it's the same city where they film!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have an optimum card and use it everytime i go, but that's about it...
    The Leverage Season 5 DVD team has moved to Revolution DVD 1 begins, and it's the same city where they film!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You used to be able to redeem points for it too. But honestly, that's a good question now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's still technically on the books, but it's not worth anything anymore.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Very helpful post I was just about to ask a question and this gave me the answer. Thanks
    Insane likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I did a SDM shop a few weeks ago and spent $50 and got a $15 card (one of those cardboard things with an expiry of March 31st). I plan to shop next weekend and use one of the mail out cards that is spend $100 and get 16000 pts .... question is can I use the $15 gift card promo towards the payment or does it get entered differently. Ie - would I need to purchase $115 before coupons in order to use it? I couldn't clearly find the answer on the first page. Thanks so much.
    jezz likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I did a SDM shop a few weeks ago and spent $50 and got a $15 card (one of those cardboard things with an expiry of March 31st). I plan to shop next weekend and use one of the mail out cards that is spend $100 and get 16000 pts .... question is can I use the $15 gift card promo towards the payment or does it get entered differently. Ie - would I need to purchase $115 before coupons in order to use it? I couldn't clearly find the answer on the first page. Thanks so much.
    I've used those type of cards before on like 20x the points. The are entered with a PLU but come off like a gift card (ie I get the points BEFORE the card). The problem with these silly coupons they mail to you is I find they often don't add, and then when you call they give you all kinds of excuses as to why you can't have them. So you run the chance that you won't get the points and then you have an uphill battle with customer service.
    Last edited by Insane; Sun, Mar 24th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    jezz likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thanks Insane. I've only used one of these mail outs (16000 WUS $100) before as I normally don't spend $100 at SDM. I just figured along with the cineplex promo it would be worth it.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

does anyone know if the cineplex promo this weekend wus 50$ is 50$ before or after coupons? ive done the gas card promo before when its free gas card wus 50$+ but the cash register told the cashier to apply promo" when it was totaled, wondering if it will be the same thing?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen33 View Post
    does anyone know if the cineplex promo this weekend wus 50$ is 50$ before or after coupons? ive done the gas card promo before when its free gas card wus 50$+ but the cash register told the cashier to apply promo" when it was totaled, wondering if it will be the same thing?
    It'll be the same thing.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post

Can I use coupons during a 20x points event?
    YES! Currently (and as with anything it's subject to change) you earn points on $ off coupons (not coupons for free products). Therefore, you can maximize your points during a 20x points event by spending $50 BEFORE coupons. For example, you spend $50 but have $20 worth of coupons (excluding free product coupons). Your out of pocket would be $30 (and the tax of course) but you'd still earn your 20x points. Cashiers will tell you that you won't earn them, but you will. They have no control over the computer. Plus it also states in the coupon policy that you will!
    Ok, so I don't even need to mention anything when I'm checking out? As long as I spend $50 before tax and coupons I will automatically get 20x?

I'm specifically thinking of this weekend when I know I can easily spend $50 before tax and coupons. After coupons I'll probably spend half that, maybe $30 with tax. I always used to try and get to $50 after coupons at let me tell you it's hard! I wish I'd known this before lol. But now that I do know, I'm unsure whether I even need to mention anything when I'm checking out, since the computer should automatically just do it.

But what if I don't get my 20x and have to call in? They will see that I only spent $30 and say that in order to have received the 20x I had to spend $50....
    lizamarie likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Ok, so I don't even need to mention anything when I'm checking out? As long as I spend $50 before tax and coupons I will automatically get 20x?

I'm specifically thinking of this weekend when I know I can easily spend $50 before tax and coupons. After coupons I'll probably spend half that, maybe $30 with tax. I always used to try and get to $50 after coupons at let me tell you it's hard! I wish I'd known this before lol. But now that I do know, I'm unsure whether I even need to mention anything when I'm checking out, since the computer should automatically just do it.

But what if I don't get my 20x and have to call in? They will see that I only spent $30 and say that in order to have received the 20x I had to spend $50....
    As long as your total is $50 before tax and other nonpointable items (GC, bottle deposits, passport photos, ect...) and before FPC it'll work. It's part of their coupon policy now, so if you have to call (which you won't), it won't be an issue. You don't need to mention anything. If the cashier says anything to you, just say it's okay.

Just make sure you are over $50 before tax and other nonpointables and your coupons are rung in as 2001 and you'll be fine. I can't even count the number of times I've done it.
    lizamarie and Bronwen like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

can someone please post the link to transfer SDM points? i need to transfer my points to Dh's account...Thanks !

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartshopper888 View Post
    can someone please post the link to transfer SDM points? i need to transfer my points to Dh's account...Thanks !
    There's a link on the FAQ page http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/O....aspx#exchange under Are Points Transferable?
    smartshopper888 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

Can someone help me out please with the calculation to get SDM points. Let's say on a 20x event (when u spend $50) i spent $52 ( $92-40 in coupons )plus tax . How much in SDM points will i be getting? Thanks!
    Last edited by smartshopper888; Tue, May 21st, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information