User Tag List

Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Anyone care to share their meal plan for next week? I need inspiration
    Butter chicken, with rice, and maybe I'll make some naan to last us the whole week if I am not too lazy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-in...utter-chicken/

Channa (chick peas)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Channa-...ry/Detail.aspx

Steamed fish - will use red snapper

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chinese...-steamed-fish/
    Last edited by Sunraven; Fri, Mar 15th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I too toss some grapes but it wasn't alot.
    What I toss that I didn't like tossing, was the container of tomato sauce that was sitting in the back of the fridge.

What have you thrown out this week? I hate tossing food

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am working on the food tossing. ugh.

today I started the rest of my seeds. I am so ready to play in my garden. just ready.

working on a lapgan for a chrsitmas presnet tonight while watching tv.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So far nothing to throw out this week, but last week I completely empty the fridge and scrubbed it down. Quite a few things were tossed like condiments and other items we bought to try and I guess didn't like because they just sat there.

I got annoyed with how many things we had we weren't eating but were taking up room so I tossed them, I hate tossing food but it is driving me insane how much room was being taken up by I will try it one day or I need to be in the right mood which in this house never seems to happen. We are going to seriously change how we shop as this is driving me insane, every time I pick up a "treat" for me she wants one but never seems to eat the flavour she chooses and 9 times out of 10 I do not like what she choose. My mom can usually tell when I am getting annoyed as it is when I start doing the shopping alone and I do all the shopping, don't send her so we don't get the extras.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh thank you so much, I checked it out quickly and some of those look really yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I use maple syrup on bacon, sausages, pancakes and waffles but I googled this. Maybe you will find something interesting.
    Maple Syrup Recipes | Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tomorrow I will attempt some baking recipes using maple syrup hoping to make some cookies, cake & maybe some squares, we'll see what I come across thanks macw1960, I'm going sit and have a better look at the link you posted, very interesting....

We have so much maple syrup I need to use up. I have used in to marinade meats such as porc loins before - it turned out nicely.

My car has a wrench light on the dash....NOT Impressed, I guess I will have to take it in and also dh's truck has the engine light on.....

OMG, deep breath, 1 step at a time.....fingers crossed nothing serious.

My stockpile is taking a beating, I sure hope some new coupons surface soon because I am currently not able to add to my stockpile food wise with the food budget that we are on.....I've gotten cleaners for free but can't eat cleaners.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hopefully nothing serious on the vehicles as that can be expensive, both of ours need oil changes. Plan on getting DH's truck done first as he drives it more than I drive my car.

I was going to suggest that you could send your maple syrup to me but I thought the recipes would give you some inspiration . If I didn't like my maple syrup so much I might be willing to put it in a recipe or two as some of them look really good.

Shopping planned for tomorrow...not looking forward to it as it will be a Saturday and I much prefer to shop on Friday as it is less busy. It can't be helped though because of certain coupons.

No meal planning for me as I can't guarantee I want to eat what is planned.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have no stockpile anymore after Frugal February and now March...its mostly barilla pasta, mustard and some random dry goods and cans. Its good to use stuff up though Off to watch a show with the kids!
    Nighty night
    PS are you all getting sick of my pug pictures yet??? I have two as if you haven't guessed lol.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hopefully nothing too big on the cars, sometimes it can be something really small. After reading about mechanics and women I am kind of happy my Dad and bro deal with my car for me, don't feel so bad about it now. But really the place we use it really really great, I was impressed a couple years ago when my Dad told them to put new snow tires did tell them to check them just told them to put them on and they emailed him (my dad does everything via email) and said they were good for at least another year if not more. Dad had given them the go ahead so they never had to mention I did not need them.

With doing more driving I will have to get an oil change before my spring maintenance.

I think I am going grocery shopping tomorrow too, kind of worried. I really really really want to shop. I have not been shopping in forever and have been trying to get my want to shop out through grocery shopping, hopefully we can stay on budget. Something about springs make me want to want to look for summer dresses. I am now addicted to Pinterest and have found so many things I want to make so I have our grocery list and my list if it I can find on clearance grab them list. Sadly sometimes it is the great clearance deal that throw me over budget.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I have no stockpile anymore after Frugal February and now March...its mostly barilla pasta, mustard and some random dry goods and cans. Its good to use stuff up though Off to watch a show with the kids!
    Nighty night
    PS are you all getting sick of my pug pictures yet??? I have two as if you haven't guessed lol.

They are so cute, almost makes me want one.
    i_forget and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I like to get my shopping done as quick as possible usually.

I see crafts and other things at stores that I would love to have but my question to myself is always the same. "Do you really need it?" If I cant justify needing it then I don't buy especially if something I have at home will work just as well..

Quite a few of my relatives were hoarders and I have seen and helped with mess after their deaths. Sure makes you look at things differently.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

it's been 6 days of no spending, I'd been really trying to use whatever supplies we have in the house, beans, pasta, some cheap meat I got from Metro last week, for tom, I thawed some fish and will stew them with the Aylmer accents and some carrots , that is the only veggies we have left in the fridge. Need to do some shopping soon, might not be tom as weekend is usually very busy in the store.There are some apples and pear left for the kids and the baked goodies for their snack, hope to last till Monday. The fridge is almost empty except for dozen of eggs for my baking and for breakfast. Will be baking again tom for some Asian pastry and hope to come out good, its my first time making it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are going to CT tomorrow to get furnace filters for the house and a tub spout protector to protect baby boy. We have our scratch card and our friend might give us his to use also.
    I plan on baking tomorrow. Picked up 4 50% off bananas at No Frills today. I want to make banana chocolate chip muffins and banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Probably bake something else for supper. Possibly lazy man cabbage roles or biscuits. We shall see.
    Insane, macw1960, xox2010 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

ugggg....looking ahead and April is going to suck so bad. I go back to work April 8th. I'll get EI on the 2nd and then 1 week's worth (I think) on the 17th. But because of the way pay works, I won't get my 1st paycheque until the 26th. Daycare is due April 1 then May 1. Already put the income tax refund away to pay the April 1st daycare but my pay on the 26th will need to pay May's daycare. Not sure where I am supposed to pay all the bills and food along with setting aside the daycare fees for May. I'm having a serious meltdown trying to figure out how April is going to go. May will go smoother as I'll have 2 pays and will put aside $ for daycare on each pay. Going to have to squeeze even more out of my March budget I think. sigh...Guess there will be no back to work haircut for me.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Took the kids to the annual carnival today. It's held right on the frozen lake! I gave them lunch before we went so I didn't have to feed them the expensive food there. We did splurge on some "tire" at the Cabane a Sucre there. Growing up in Quebec, the Cabane a Sucre is something that was a part of my childhood. I miss it and wish my kids could experience more. So I bought them some "tire" (boiled syrup on snow). But they had a great time, a freezing time, but a great time.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information