User Tag List

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hey Frugal Lisa, Did you ever get those coupons I sent you?, mac.
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Morning ladies!! I think I'll finally join in, I have learned so much already from all of you First things first I'm going to make a meal plan and stick with it this week, using only things that we have on hand. I have a pretty impressive stockpile (took me a long time but I'm pretty darn proud of it!) so I'm going to focus on using some of it up. We just stocked up on meat last week so I'm good for that... a local grocery store has a huge freezer of discounted meats so I often buy stuff from there and freeze it until I need it.

I really want to start making school snacks for DS- granola bars, fruit snacks (found a recipe on pinterest), fruit bars, applesauce (if anyone has a tried and true recipe, that would be GREAT!!), etc. He loves veggies and dip and I've been buying the prepackaged ones but I'm going to make my own dip to save some money.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Meal Plan for this week...
    Today- Spaghetti and pork meatballs (on clearance for $2.30-$1 coupon Marc Angelo) with homemade garlic bread
    Tuesday- Sloppy Joes with veggies and dip (going to double the sloppy joe sauce and freeze half) http://www.twirlandtaste.com/2012/12...wich-that.html
    Wednesday- Crispy Chicken (I make my own "shake n bake") with rice and veggies
    Thursday- Pancakes and Bacon
    Friday- supper out
    Saturday- Hamburger Steak or Hot Hamburgers
    Sunday- Leftovers

I always do a "lazy" supper night and breakfast for supper is usually it! DS loves it and so do I!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Hi everyone!

Went a bit over board with the budget this weekend - $114, but that included a box of pullups for DD. My Dr.Oetker coupons expired on Saturday so I picked up 4 pizzas for $2.58 each. I normally try to make my own dough, but I've been too lazy lately. Also got a couple bottles of shampoo ($3.96 - 1 = 2.96 each) and a couple of boxes of cereal with the pins. We have sooo mcuh cereal stockpiled, DH says I'm not allowed to buy anymore lol Also used my coup for free turkey bacon, yum!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Hey Frugal Lisa, Did you ever get those coupons I sent you?, mac.
    Gt them Friday night. Will leave feedback now. thanks again!!
    jasperandchar likes this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Gt them Friday night. Will leave feedback now. thanks again!!
    I was'nt worried about feedback, I just wanted to make sure they made it to you. Enjoy.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Meal Plan for this week...
    Today- Spaghetti and pork meatballs (on clearance for $2.30-$1 coupon Marc Angelo) with homemade garlic bread
    Tuesday- Sloppy Joes with veggies and dip (going to double the sloppy joe sauce and freeze half) http://www.twirlandtaste.com/2012/12...wich-that.html
    Wednesday- Crispy Chicken (I make my own "shake n bake") with rice and veggies
    Thursday- Pancakes and Bacon
    Friday- supper out
    Saturday- Hamburger Steak or Hot Hamburgers
    Sunday- Leftovers

I always do a "lazy" supper night and breakfast for supper is usually it! DS loves it and so do I!
    Welcome! You have already inspired me: Sloppy joes, haven't had that for a LONG time....that is now on next weeks menu. I use the heels from my homemade bread. Because of the paddle insert- the whole in the bottom of the heel just holds extra topping! Yummmm.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Thanks again, ya. I've been finding living out in the sticks mail takes a bit longer... But I usually get it. Ad I don't mail from here either, I wait until I'm in town and send from there. I've had stuff lost from here.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Here is my meal Plan for this week:
    Monday - Spaghetti & Meatballs with garlic bread.
    Tuesday - Honey Garlic Chicken with Mashed Potatoes & Salad.
    Wednesday - Tacos.
    Thursday - BBQ Chicken with Rice & Vegetables.
    Friday - Shrimp Kabob with Rice & Salad (using up my left over rice from Thursday).
    Saturday - Pizza
    Sunday - Roast with Baby Potatoes & Vegetables.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW reading this thread makes me hungary and makes me crave things we have no had in awhile.

So we made a few changes to this weeks meal plan:
    Today will not be roast beef, mashed potato, gravey, with whatever veggies we pull out of the freezer (plus there will be left overs for sandwiches)
    Tuesday will not be spinach ricotta rolls up
    Wednesday will be Portabello Burgers (little nervous for this one as only recently did I start eating mushrooms, so I will eat them but not my fav but I will try it)

Also well mom is doing her cake classes which means I will only be cooking for myself I think I will make Nachos or Tacos (depends on which we have in the curboard), Eggs and Pita Pizzas.

Since mom has been and is again only working 3 hours a week she is always home for dinner and I am kind of missing some of my quick for me only meals she does not enjoy like Eggs (she has them for breakfast which I am not home for so she doesn't want them for dinner) or Pita Pizza (says they just aren't filling enough).

Also hoping to get some baking and meals done well she has her classes since I will have the house to myself which means the kitchen to myself. I really want to make some Special K bars and Granola bars, plus whatever else I can find in the cupboards or freezer that I can use for Breakfasts or Lunches at work.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a productive weekend. I just had some PB Cheerios for breakfast. They are so good. I forgot to check at FB on Sat for the Smuckers Simple Blends. They were out when I was there on Friday and I have some coupons that expire at the end of the month. Other than that I`ll try not to spend any money this week. I`ll be keeping super busy...have to replace the 3 baby afghans that sold last week.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I have to work on my meal plan for next week... I am messing with my routine a bit this week too. I usually do my groceries first thing in the morning on Friday but a friend of mine wants to learn how to price match/coupon so I will be taking her Friday night. I am so excited to be able to teach her, I just hope it is a good sale week and I can save her a ton!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

You are so lucky that you were able to find the PB Cheerios.
    We tried numerous stores yesterday and no one had it....

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Call General Mills, they are sending out replacement coupons for anyone who wasn't able to get them!
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

"Hi everyone, we’re sorry you weren’t successful in finding Peanut Butter Cheerios this weekend. If it were up to us, every retailer would carry it in abundance! Because it is available for a limited time only, it was on special display – not in the usual shelves.

Thank you for providing us your feedback, and the opportunity to make this right. Please contact the General Mills Consumer Services team using the Feedback form on Life Made Delicious www.lifemadedelicious.ca or by calling toll-free at 1-800-516-7780.

We’d like to know which stores specifically you went to for the product and we will provide a replacement coupon for a General Mills cereal that you can redeem at your convenience."

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information