User Tag List

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Sigh...I think the tuna casserole is going to be a flop. It was really liquidy and I can hear it boiling over in the oven. Which means I will have to clean the oven. If it doesn't turn out, I guess it'll be leftovers.
    Don't you hate that? It's always such a disappointment when a recipe doesn't turn out. Those usually end up being soup and sandwich/bacon and eggs/frozen pizza nights!

Changed the meal plan already, I used up leftovers from the weekend and we had a mish mash of hot dishes and a veggie tray with dip. One of my biggest problems is letting leftovers go to waste so my newest goal is to use up what we have before I make anything new!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Here's the recipe for homemade fruit snacks- I haven't tried them yet but I plan to this week
    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/...ks-recipe.html
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    what is the most frugal thing you do or your family does?
    I'm learning.
    Most recent examples:

-washing out ziplocs to reuse
    -used my boiled egg water for potatoes
    -shower after swim lessons and at the gym to save on water
    -eating leftovers more often
    -making instead of buying
    -buy on sale or with coupons or not at all!
    -reusing and recycling
    -look for used before new
    -meal planning! cannot say enough about this one

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Guys I really missed you today!
    I went back to work today (after six weeks surgery leave) and I"m peeved I can't spend my mornings with you and my coffee!
    I spent $1.80 at Tim's x2 for coffee AND a croissant AND a bottle of wine! LMAO! Back with a bang. About $12 altogether.
    Have to keep to my one coffee limit. Its really my only vice. I pack a lunch and don't usually go out at work. Twelve hours you would be surprised how much you eat! I'm eating every two hours, there is no cafeteria so if I run out I"m SOL and not going out in the winter for food!
    I found the cheerios at Sobeys last night for $3.99 so four boxes for $7.98 which still seems expensive to me?

Going to have a snack and another glass of grapes then its bedtime for I have to do it all over again tomorrow

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Leftovers is a big things at our house too. Speaking of which, I have some blueberry juice in the fridge that is getting old so it is time for Blueberry Jello. (I keep unflavoured gelatin around just for this purpose).
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Have to keep to my one coffee limit. Its really my only vice.
    We have a Tim Horton's line in our budget. Hubby likes to get a coffee a couple of times a week. It's his vice and I'm not going to deny him his one little pleasure. So we just budget for it every month and load a Tim Horton's GC monthly. But he knows that once that GC is empty he gets no more Tim Horton's until next month!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Cloth diapers. Not exclusively, but we save soooooooooooo much doing this. With that soap nuts for laundry soap, $4.99 for a large bag that has lasted us almost a 6 months. (I don't use them exclusively either, but they are economical).
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    Cloth diapers. Not exclusively, but we save soooooooooooo much doing this. With that soap nuts for laundry soap, $4.99 for a large bag that has lasted us almost a 6 months. (I don't use them exclusively either, but they are economical).
    Soap nuts was something I really wanted to do. How are they on stains? I was worried they wouldn't take out all the kid's tough stains.

I decided to make my own. We'll see how that goes.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Don't you hate that? It's always such a disappointment when a recipe doesn't turn out. Those usually end up being soup and sandwich/bacon and eggs/frozen pizza nights!

Changed the meal plan already, I used up leftovers from the weekend and we had a mish mash of hot dishes and a veggie tray with dip. One of my biggest problems is letting leftovers go to waste so my newest goal is to use up what we have before I make anything new!
    It actually turned out. I added the pasta a little undercooked, so I think that helped. The pasta absorbed some of the liquid and so it wasn't soupy at all once it came out of the oven. But man, the oven is a mess. Not to mention the other day I broke the inside glass on it. Hubby needs to DIY fix it this week.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not much happening here today although I plan on making muffins today. I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies for DH's lunch yesterday. So much healthier, better tasting, healthier and less expensive than store bought cookies and such. Another plus is it always makes the house smell nice too.

I did go shopping on Saturday and just bought the few groceries we needed as I am still working from my stockpile. I am rather low on juice and the shelves were empty of the kind I wanted at Walmart.

I did find the PB Cheerios but I couldn't justify buying $11.97 worth of cereal even though it was 6 boxes as I have lots and I am the only one that eats cereal here. So how do the PB Cheerios taste for anyone that bought them? I was not a big fan of the Chocolate Cheerios and ended up donating 2 boxes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Normally I don't ask people to vote but I think this SC'er sure could use our help. Make sure you watch the video and you can vote daily on FB.

Please help win a wheel chair accessible van for Hallie * SC's I need your help !!
    Last edited by macw1960; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I got the PB Cheerios and I love them. That being said however, I love anything PB. I`ve never tried the chocolate ones but my sister likes them.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My half bro was the same, my step mom had to start limiting us to 1 bottle of ketchup per week when we were kids (which sucked for the rest of us cause he would use it all during the week than on weekend when I was over and my bro was home we wouldn't have any).

Most people have ketchup with their grill cheese, not my bro even in his early 20s he has grill cheese with his ketchup. He pretty much covers his plate in ketchup, it looks like soup.
    This is my sister. She's in France right now, and when my Mom went to visit she had to bring over a HUGE bottle of Heinz for her lol She actually went through a phase where she would bring a small bottle in her purse when she went out!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

#1.Meal planning....and that just about says it all for us.
    Because it prevents us for eating out as much as we did. It was always easy to "pick something up".
    Now with my plan meals we already know what we are having.
    #2. Waiting for sales not going out and buying something because we feel for it.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i've been baking up a storm with all those baking supplies i got! this will save me so much money on pre-packaged food! plus, i know whats in it and have been trying to make things both delicious and as healthy as possible.

also made a big batch of homemade veggie burgers yesterday. under $8 for 12 patties. beats $5-$9 for four from the grocery store, and so chock full of healthy ingredients it would make the eyes pop
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information