User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Saw a tornado running to get the Gain ! So I got some too :) *PICTURE included*

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Yesterday I went to Maxi for the sale (1$-2$-3$). It was a zoo !!! I needed only a few things, so I didn't get a cart.. Anyway, there was so many people that it was impossible to move with one.. so I got my things, and I went to the cash when...

I saw an employee marking down boxes of Gain laundry detergent at $3.98 .. okay, not really a stock up price.. but then, she started to place pink sticker on them !! She only had time to say ''wow, that's a great price ! 2$ a bottle !''. There was at least 20 boxes of 6 bottles, so at least 120 bottles ! They were gone in less than 1 minute !! YEP, 1 minute !!! A lady got 6 bottles, and another turned into a tornado She cried out to her husband ''honey, this is my brand !! I WANT THEM, I WANT THEM !!''. He didn't say a thing !! He started to load the cart.. he didn't told her ''Darling, I think you got enough now''.. NO ! A really GOOD husband !! ahaha

I was with my mom, but I needed a cart, so I started to look around and I found one, less than 2 m. away ! hallelujah !! So I told my mom ''I WANT SOME, I WANT SOME !!'' ahaha and she didn't argue with me, she just told me ''how many do you want ??''. I turned around to see the tornado and her husband, and I saw that they wanted the whole palette !! so I told my mom to get as many as she can before the tornado tooks them all ! At the beginning my mom wanted to wait for the tornado to finish, because the tornado was blocking her.. she wouldn't let my mom to get some.. so I told my mom ''just go to the other side of the palette, she can't be at 2 places at the same time !'' lol anyway, I got 23 bottles !!

23x Gain @ $3.98 - 23x 50% pink sticker = $45.77

Taxes : 6.86$

Total : 52.63$

BUT ! I used 10x coupon $2.50 when you buy 2 Gain and one coupon $1 when you buy 1 Gain. I know I could used another $2.50 wyb 2, but I didn't calculated correctly

OOP: $26.63 so $1.16 per bottle taxes included !!

(the other item at $1 was for my mom, so I got my money back from her)
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi
    Last edited by Cocottee00; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

That's awesome!!!!
    Cocottee00 and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow amazing!!! And what a great use of coupons. Lmao about the tornado
    Lady

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow! Great deal, and funny story! I'm surprised she was actually blocking people!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Oh, clearance can be funny sometimes... last summer, there were a bunch of toys on sale on a table at RCSS in July. I picked up a couple of the model magic kits for my nieces. While I was looking at the rest of the toys, another woman was there with her husband. "Oh, she said, "these would be great gifts for the kids." She scooped them all into her basket and started counting. "Oh no!" she said, there are only 13 here, and I need 15!" They both stopped and stared at me at me with my two packages. I remained blissfully ignorant of the conversation.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wtg!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Awesome! I wonder if tornado lady is a member on here? I like Gain too, it smells so nice.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

WOW!! WTG!!

Everytime I go to Maxi, there are no carts available or they don't push well. The good ones are in the cart port in the parking lot. Sometimes I'm too lazy to get a cart because I only want a couple loss leader items. Now that I read this thread, I will always get a cart in the future for those big and bulky in store hot deals.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

lol - great brag! love the story

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lucky you!! I think the Tornado lady must get around! My daughter and I were at No Frills and they were marking down whole chickens for $1.00, my daughter and i were looking at them for an expiry date and this wing nut pushes between the two of us scooped them up and ran!Her husband just gave us a shameful apologetic look and shuffled off.It happened so fast , my daughter and I just started to laugh, what can you do. I would have put her at about an F4 maybe an F5 tornado!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this reminded me that I think I saw this gain at walmart yesterday for $3.....not 100% on it, I saw it from a distance away, not sure what the bottle size was.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hahah this is a great brag. Not only the price, but it is really well told. I hope they feature it on the blog. Pink sticker panic should be the headline! haha
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i like your story
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Here's a tip, guys. If you see a hot deal that's too good to pass up, grab what you can and put it in your cart. Then you push your cart away from the crowd and then examine your haul at your own pace. You could then put the items that you don't want back on the shelf. I've done that with steaks among the vultures.

My dad did this and then he left his cart unattended for 5 seconds, returned and all his steaks were gone!! Somebody actually took all his steaks!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

So funny. The tornado lol
    Amazing price you got. WTG!
    Cocottee00 likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information