User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: TARGET - No Scanning Code of Practice

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    FYI, the Royal Canadian Legion does not "sell" poppies. They will gladly pin one on to anyone who asks for them; they accept donations if they are offered.

http://legion.ca/Home/FAQ_e.cfm
    Q: What is the annual Poppy Campaign?
    A: Each Legion branch organizes an annual campaign to provide Canadians with an opportunity to obtain and wear a Poppy. This is done by Legion members, often assisted by youth groups such as cadets and scouts, who volunteer to conduct door-to-door canvassing and set-up locations throughout the community where individuals may obtain a Poppy. Many commercial businesses also welcome Poppy trays in their outlets to assist the Legion with this important work.

Q: How much do Poppies cost?

A: Poppies are never sold or purchased – people make a contribution for the Poppy they wear. (emphasis mine)
    I knew the wording was wrong when I made the post. Thanks for posting.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Savings4me~

Thanks for letting us know. I had a feeling that would be the case. Their prices would be relatively the same and learning what they need and don't need to implement.

I like the aspect of a new place to shop, shake up the other stores and possible new saving opportunities and it is so clean, bright, some new lines of products.

They are new to Canada too so they are learning too. I have only been in one once in the states and I just loved it.

Thanks very much for letting us know the follow-up of your email. We have all the time in the world and we'll be there when they do implement that rule and when they mis-price an item we will be ready to call it when they do. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Savings4me View Post
    I just got a reply back from Target's customer service. Here is there response.....

We've taken these comments very seriously, so thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issue you had at the checkout.The Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes is currently considered voluntary in all provinces except Quebec, where it is required. We will not formally be participating in the code for Year 1 in Canada anywhere but Quebec.
    Target has systems and pricing tools in place to ensure stores are accurately priced. It’s our priority to ensure guests leave happy. We support the Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes so that Canadians can benefit from competitive prices and quality service.
    We intend to participate as soon as our Canadian teams, systems and processes have been fully established. Target has a longstanding commitment to delivering our “Expect More. Pay Less” brand promise to all of our guests, and we are pleased to offer 5% savings to our Canadian guests through our REDcard program.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, Mar 23rd, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
    anisa likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    FYI, the Royal Canadian Legion does not "sell" poppies. They will gladly pin one on to anyone who asks for them; they accept donations if they are offered.

http://legion.ca/Home/FAQ_e.cfm
    Q: What is the annual Poppy Campaign?
    A: Each Legion branch organizes an annual campaign to provide Canadians with an opportunity to obtain and wear a Poppy. This is done by Legion members, often assisted by youth groups such as cadets and scouts, who volunteer to conduct door-to-door canvassing and set-up locations throughout the community where individuals may obtain a Poppy. Many commercial businesses also welcome Poppy trays in their outlets to assist the Legion with this important work.

Q: How much do Poppies cost?

A: Poppies are never sold or purchased – people make a contribution for the Poppy they wear. (emphasis mine)
    Yes, I was once asked by a veteran on my way by the table if I would like to wear a poppy. I apologized, said I had no cash with me at the moment. He said (very nicely), "I didn't ask if you had any money, I asked if you would like to wear a poppy." And he pinned one on my lapel with a smile and sent me on my way.

I often think that these organizations have more trouble raising funds these days, because there's a lot of people like me who operate on plastic. I rarely carry cash, or even change, unless I know I have a specific need for it.
    Natalka, i_forget and Savings4me like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Just wanted to mention that they have notices everywhere stating that they price match. Also, when I told them the price was incorrect, they didn't go to check the shelf. I think (not positive mind you) that they take the customer's word. I think their prices are higher than Walmart. Also, the new store looked very nice indeed.

As an added note, I don't think Target allows our veterans to sell poppies in their premises on Veterans Day.
    I am curious to know where you received that information from. To my knowledge, Target hasn't been open in Canada on Remembrance Day. Were there pilot stores in Ontario that were open last November who didn't allow poppy distribution?
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I am curious to know where you received that information from. To my knowledge, Target hasn't been open in Canada on Remembrance Day. Were there pilot stores in Ontario that were open last November who didn't allow poppy distribution?
    I do believe the American Legion wasn't allowed to sell poppies in Target stores in the U.S.So they guess Target will do the same in Canada.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Mar 24th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Last year at Sears, little girls from a gymnastics club were out collecting money at all the Sears store doors. The thing is, parents have to pay a lot of money to send their kids to this club -- it's certainly not free to any child wanting to participate. The organization having the kids out "begging" as a requirement of club enrollment irked me -- sports activity fundraisers should involve asking only people you know, and I really think that the parents (considering they're already able to pay substantial fees and have chosen to enroll their children in expensive activities) should be paying the full cost of their kids' involvement.

I do like giving to veterans during the poppy campaign, as the money helps fund educational and veterans' programs. As a society, we owe a debt to these veterans, and many stores seem to allow the Legion to run poppy campaigns even when they don't normally allow people to collect money for other causes. I hope Target will as well.

I'm not too excited about Target coming here -- I never seem to buy much there when I'm in the US. Things seem quite expensive.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    did you went to the target at Lindsay mall on Kent St. that is where I had my driving test. I was planning to go check it out after I finish my second test next time. there won't be any target here in Markham where I live.
    There's one in North York on Steeles right at Yonge. Not too far from Markham at all. There is also one in Aurora, waaaaayyyyy closer than Lindsay.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Aww, really! Thanks for informing.

Our Target opens in May... I think I'll be doing a good chuck of shopping there. But the SCOP thing is disappointing... but I'll surivive!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nice to see you posting SmackUTwice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Aww, really! Thanks for informing.

Our Target opens in May... I think I'll be doing a good chuck of shopping there. But the SCOP thing is disappointing... but I'll surivive!
    Target wrote me back:

Dear Shwa Girl,

Thank you for writing about the Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes in Canada.

We support the Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes so that Canadians can benefit from competitive prices and quality service. We intend to participate as soon as our Canadian teams, systems and processes have been fully established.
    Providing our “Expect More. Pay Less.” Brand promise to our Canadian guests is our top priority. We plan to accomplish this while at the same time establish our new teams, systems, and processes in Canada.
    We believe we have the responsibility to fully establish ourselves while delivering our unique Target brand shopping experience before participating in industry initiatives such as this one.
    Target has systems and pricing tools in place to ensure stores are accurately priced. It’s our priority to ensure guests leave happy.

If a pricing discrepancy arises, Target cashiers are empowered to correct discrepancies between an advertised price and the price scanned right in the lane to make it right for our guests.
    Of course, you can also give us a call at 800-440-0680 for more information.

We value the time you've taken to write. Your concerns about our pricing accuracy are very important to us, and I've shared them with the Leadership team and our Store Operations executives for further review. While I realize this may not completely eliminate your frustration, I hope we'll be able to welcome you for a visit soon.

Thanks for writing. Hearing about your experience is important to us.

Sincerely,

Target Guest Relations
    SmackUTwice likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I understand completely they don't want to take part during year 1 which is what they said. It's a new store, they ar finding their stride. I'm sure it will happen eventully
    anisa likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I knew the wording was wrong when I made the post. Thanks for posting.
    You're very welcome.

It's an extremely common misconception - I think Home Depot banned it, or maybe it was WM, a few years ago. There was a massive backlash (I remember writing an infuriated letter to whichever company it was telling them that for as long as they didn't support Canadian veterans, I wouldn't be supporting them); their HO apparently thought they were soliciting donations, which had led to the ban in the first place (or so they claimed, and since so many people think they're for sale, I can see why they would have thought so).

I will be so sad when there are no more WWII vets left to pin them on my coat.
    Savings4me likes this.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Target keeps giving me more and more reasons to not care... haha
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information