User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mwieler
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: Food Dyes or 'Artificial Flavours' In Our Food are Harmful to our Health

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just watched an episode on this and knew I just had to share it. I've known that dyes in our food aren't good, but I didn't realize they were very harmfull. These companies should stop poisioning us, 'just because it's cheaper than useing a natural "food" ingredient'. I hope you all sign the petition!
    Kraft Macaroni and Cheese contains the artificial food dyes Yellow 5 and Yellow 6. These unnecessary – yet potentially harmful - dyes are not in Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in other countries, including the UK, because they were removed due to consumer outcry. Kraft reformulated their product for the UK(with natural ingredients), but not for anyone else.
    It’s time we demand the same here.
    Note: Yellow 5 , also labeled asTartrazine.

You can go here to view a clip:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-blo...ry?id=18668692

Please help by signing the petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/kraf...our-mac-cheese
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics
    Last edited by mwieler; Fri, Mar 15th, 2013 at 02:30 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We should say no to those food containing harmful additives. Support you!
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

We also need to say NO to the toxins and chemicals they are putting other products. Did you know that Lysol/Clorox sprays and wipes rely on pesticides to kill germs! These big companies are adding formaldehyde, carcinogens, lead, butane, propane and who knows what else and they don't even have to put it on the label. The products we use in our homes everyday are just not safe-make up, body washes, even baby products, cleaning and laundry products etc all contain these harmful chemicals and carcinogens. These companies just want to save a buck and keep up with demand but are not concerned with their consumers health and safety. You and your family are basically involved in a huge lab experiment as they have no idea what these chemicals will do to us in the long run. We need to take a stand! I have found an awesome line of products and have completely converted my home over to safer, better products and I am even saving money! If you would like more information on this company and the products please message me.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm all for chemical free products. Pm'ed you.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Isn't it interesting that Health Canada ads promote the use of "Lysol"?
    Can we say "lobbying interests" paid for those?????

We don't use foods that we know are coloured, and neither does our DD, esp with our grandson. We're all as careful as we can be, but I'm sure the odd thing slips in. Doing out best for our families is so important. We also don't use harsh chemical cleaners, NOR do we use "smellies" in our homes! Talk about inhaling chemicals and risking our health to the potential of lead in those wicks! Not me, thankew very much!
    http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/...-but-true.html

And don't get me started on those plug-in inhalers!!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I've been trying to stay away from coloured foods especially those containing known carcinogens (Red 40, Yellow 5) and when I got hit with the flu I was buying cherry halls not thinking. Duh it has Red 40. lol Okay fine I switched to the lemon flavour of Walmart brand name and it has no colouring added. Being Diabetic I have Dex 4 tablets incase my sugars drop and I only like the grape flavour. What does it contain? Red 40 and Yellow 5. *grumbles* You really can't get away from that crap but you definitely should in whatever way you can. It's killing us. The food we are ingesting is slowly killing us and the Government is allowing it by allowing companies to use it.
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Apr 8th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tara, you should try Fisherman's Friend lozenges, they are all natural and work really well.
    Also, Ricola are good, they are herbal.

Thread Information