User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

BPA Free Nuby 3 Pack Non-Drip Bottle

I have to say I'm very disappointed in these bottles. They are not at all the quality I expected from a brand with so many "awards" (see website).

The way they are presented is lovely. They have excellent eye catching packaging, brightly coloured bottles and practical sizes and shapes. I actually love the way the bottles are shaped for my we girls hands. The biggest thing that caught my eye is the BPA free. A MUST on anything plastic now that we are educated on BPA and the effects on our children.

However, the nipples on the bottles degrade fast. There are 4 flaps on the inside that hold the liquid back. It only takes a wash or two for one or more of these flaps to be broken. Once it is... you have the contents of your bottle all over the place. Literally it runs all over the place.

As you can see.. the inside has broken off. My daughter must have swallowed those teeny pieces which I'm equally irritated over.

Another down side to this bottle is the fact that under the lid there is a lot of empty space. It makes proper cleaning next to impossible.

^the grove is deep where the arrows point^

I've tried a few processes to clean inside the area but I don't feel it is done properly.

My rating of this product is 1 out of 5. BPA free being the only plus side to it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by ilovemykids; Thu, Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:12 PM.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I have these bottles too and swear by them! I did, however replace the nipples on them with the gerber nuk silicone (they fit perfectly), only because the nipples on the nuby gave my son gas (go figure) LOL
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

that's a good tip from exotic

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm totally going to buy some today!
    Thanks exotic!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I have these bottles too and swear by them! I did, however replace the nipples on them with the gerber nuk silicone (they fit perfectly), only because the nipples on the nuby gave my son gas (go figure) LOL
    What is it that you like about them?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I bought them and they dripped all over. I called the company and they sent me replacement nipples. The replacement nipples work.
    I dont like the shape of the bottles. They dont fit into my bottle warmer. But at the time I bought them, there were no BPA free bottles on the shelves.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I bought Teddies choice nipples.. cuz I'm cheap. lol Thx for the suggestion! It never occurred to me to purchase other brand nipples for the bottles. Saved me money on buying another system. My girl is nearly off the bottle but I'm having a hard time weening her at night and nappy time. So I gotta make them last a little bit longer.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemykids View Post
    I bought Teddies choice nipples.. cuz I'm cheap. lol Thx for the suggestion! It never occurred to me to purchase other brand nipples for the bottles. Saved me money on buying another system. My girl is nearly off the bottle but I'm having a hard time weening her at night and nappy time. So I gotta make them last a little bit longer.
    Not a problem I just like that they're slimmer in the centre (my son started holding a bottle at 5 months old, so the slimmer centre lets him get both hands around it. Besides they come in super cute colours LOL not to mention they were pretty much the only BPA free at my walmart (i bought these around the time they were yanking all the ones off the shelf) - the other thing i like about the bottles:

The bottles and the sippy cups are pretty much one in the same.... The only difference is the sippy cup comes with an extra nipple (wider) and a handle.

I was really mad because you can get a 3 pack of bottles for $7. But ONE sippy cup is $6 (figure that out). So my mom bought him a sippy cup and we found out the handle fits perfectly on a regular bottle.

I ended up emailing Nuby because I was incredibly mad. Why are they trying to rip us off by marketing a bottle with a handle!! To me, if that's the case they should just sell the handle with the bottles LOL So 3 months later (after sending the email), I ended up getting 2 sippy cups in the mail from them

OH AND ilovemykids:

if you buy the nuby bottle brush (has a lil mesh thing on the end - $2.97 at walmart), in the handle of the bottle brush there's a tiny brush inside that fits perfectly in the groove to clean in the inside of the lid

and for anyone who is interested, they sell a bottle drying rack that holds 8 bottles and 8 lids/nipples (sized perfectly), PLUS there's a hole to hold up your nuby bottle brush to let it dry!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well... awesome info again thanks girl!!
    You have helped me revamp my previously gonna be garbage bottles. I stand by my opinion though. lol.. I'm irritated I had to buy another name brand replacement nipples because the ones they make are crap.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemykids View Post
    Well... awesome info again thanks girl!!
    You have helped me revamp my previously gonna be garbage bottles. I stand by my opinion though. lol.. I'm irritated I had to buy another name brand replacement nipples because the ones they make are crap.

Email them!! I did.. mention the whole sippy cup/bottle thing too (because, come on....its a lil outrageous - considering you'll have to replace those nipples too LMAO) . I mean eventually your child is going to want a sippy cup and tell them you want to stick with the Nuby brand but the nipple issue, coupled with the price of ONE sippy cup ($6) isn't making you want to stick around!

Thread Information