User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Do your kids do chores?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My child is at the infant stage but hubby I agree he will be tasked with age appropriate chore & no compensation for doing so(I 'll reward him as I see fit).I don't see it any other way.Kids need to be taught responsibility from they are young.I view it as arming them with life skills.I had to do chores(some that I view now as not being age appropriate) but I grew up in a 3rd country where such was customary( and girls had to learn to cook, clean,do laundry so they would be good wives when they grew up-SMH)I can do all those chores but i have hubby's help(he does the cooking).

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    My child is at the infant stage but hubby I agree he will be tasked with age appropriate chore & no compensation for doing so(I 'll reward him as I see fit).I don't see it any other way.Kids need to be taught responsibility from they are young.I view it as arming them with life skills.I had to do chores(some that I view now as not being age appropriate) but I grew up in a 3rd country where such was customary( and girls had to learn to cook, clean,do laundry so they would be good wives when they grew up-SMH)I can do all those chores but i have hubby's help(he does the cooking).
    That's right. It's all about responsibility.

Children have to be taught doing daily chores not for the sake of helping parents but for their own sake. That strengthens a sense of repsonsibility in them which prepares to step into their own life.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

My boys are 2 & 3. I have recently introduced a chore checklist of small things age appropriate(only because my oldest wanted to earn checkmarks like his brother for potty training). Included on this list so far is: picking up toys, emptying cutlery from dishwasher, and helping put away/fold laundry.

No allowance yet but I do try to incorporate the earning your share aspect especially when my oldest really wants something new(mostly books, dvds, or toys). He is old enough to understand money doesn't grow on trees and you don't always get what you want!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information