User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is a Coupon Train?

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Awesome explanation! I need to stock up some coupons so I can hop on one of the newbie trains Can't wait!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what an awsome idea. Love love love that there are still some honest helpful humans!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thank you...now to find someone to trust me as i am new to this site

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Thank you this was very helpful.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I have a question.
    I have created a train last night and it is going so well but I only need one more person. I want to change the title of my train once the last person boards and can't see where I do this. Can someone please help me!!, lol Thanks

Metal-Princess
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome!

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

great help!
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I want to join a train and don't know how. I am overloaded with coupons now and have to carry a separate bag. LOL

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thank you for explaining how the "train" works. I will start doing some trading of my coupons I don't really need, and see how it goes,then take it from there.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What a fabulous concept and very well-written.

One question, though, (cause I'm new to the acronyms) what is the FPC in "must contribute at least one FPC"

Thank you
    De

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lauraisrsa View Post
    I have a question.
    I have created a train last night and it is going so well but I only need one more person. I want to change the title of my train once the last person boards and can't see where I do this. Can someone please help me!!, lol Thanks

I think if you click on the "edit" button at the bottom of your original post, you can then make changes.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Thanks-you for posting this. I am kinda timid in getting right in there, but I hate to waste good coupons. Eg. diaper coupons from the manufacturer for sizes I don't need anymore or any diapers/wipes as we use cloth. But I hate throwing them away - I even carry them with me to see if I can give them away at the store, lol. I will stalk the train posts, and see if I am able to participate, lol. Any tips are appreciated!!!!

One thing, I have a question for, is when I get coupons that are only good for that month only, but I won't use them. What to do then?

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DeJames View Post
    What a fabulous concept and very well-written.

One question, though, (cause I'm new to the acronyms) what is the FPC in "must contribute at least one FPC"

Thank you
    De
    FPC I think means Full Purchase Coupon.

What does BP mean? And how does one get "high end" coupons - wow! The most I have received is $4 off or a FPC!
    Last edited by BunnyJ; Thu, Mar 24th, 2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: I wanted to take something off that was inacccurate.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Thanks for the info. I have joined my first coupon train

Quote Originally Posted by couponkristin View Post
    When you see coupons in stores or get them in the mail (or wherever), they're not always ones you'd use. If you have a baby, pampers wipes coupons are probably like gold to you. I have no baby and I'd typically walk right past a pampers coupon if I ever saw one in stores.

With coupon train participation, you take every coupon you find. You keep what you can use and then send the others in the envelop to the next person on the train. If I'm the person before you on the train (still assuming you have a baby), you're thrilled to get so many pampers coupons. When you take out $10 in coupons, you put in $10+ in your coupons, send it to the next person on the list and they then take out coupons you thought were useless but they needed.

In the title of a train it will say 'looking for riders' or something like that if it hasn't already left the station. A train takes 6-10 people, they are all written on a list and then the list is mailed with the coupons in an envelope. Once the list is made the train is closed.

Does that make sense?

In order to get on most trains, you need a trade rating. Unfortunately, we've had more than a couple new members sign up, join trains and then keep the entire train when it arrives an vanish off SC. The trade rating is a symbol for trust. The best way to get a trade rating before you get them on trains is to trade for coupons. On the left hand tool bar there is a link called 'coupon list'. There is also a sub forum of coupons called 'Canadian Coupons Trading and Discussion'. The coupon list will take you to long lists of regular coupons people have up for trade (50cents off bounce, 75cents off bread, etc.). The trading and discussion forum has more "high value coupons" such as $10 off Olay or Free LaCoupe Shampoo.

Either way, it's very difficult for a new person to have enough good coupons posted on their coupon list that they can make a successful coupon-for-coupon trade. It is likely that you'll need to trade SDM(shoppers drug mart) Optimum points, Stamps, Gift Cards (ex. $5 to Tim Hortons) or Canadian Tire money. It may sound a little backwards to pay for stamps or gift cards and trade them for coupons but you do make your money back. There are a lot of people (myself included) that will trade you an (mystery) envelope of $100 in coupons for $5-$10 in stamps or GCs. Even if you only use 25% of the coupons you've still made your money back 5x.

Once you've made a few trades and become more chatty on the message boards you'll be welcome on almost any train. You check the forum daily for a new train taking riders and ask if you can join. Usually, they ask you to private message them a request and your address, along with posting in the thread where they state that they are taking riders. Some trains have unique requirements (conductors only, must contribute at least one FPC, western providences only, etc.). Make sure you can meet all requirements before asking to join.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know I'm not in the right spot I'm having a hard time trying to talk to someone about all this coupon stuff I'm very interested in being able to print coupons I don't even know what a coupon code is can someone please direct me in the right direction(ha!ha!)

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information