User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Conductors Pls Read - unfair wishlists

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired on: Wed, Jan 1st, 2014
    We have had several complaints of unfair wishlists, and after being sent a few links - I agree

If you state the person must have 30 (or whatever) non FPC/HV coupons, please ensure they do - it is unfair to the others riding who stuck to the guidelines and get 2-3 regular coupons in return for an FPC sent to someone with an insane wishlist which did not meet the rules - because all of their wishlist was unicorns or FPCs/HV

If you state that FPCs must be 3 (or whatever) points, move all their FPCs to that section and have them add more regular coupons.

As a conductor, if you set rules, they should be followed and it is your responsibility to ensure that wishlists are edited before posting to meet those rules

Please note that this is only for trains where these types of rules are stated, all trains which are for unicorns, FPCs etc are fine but if you set a rule of reg coupons too, stick to it please
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Thank YOU!!!!!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I have PM'd a few people lately when I host a train and their WL doesn't meet the guidelines. I'd also like to point out the importance of reading ALL the rules on a train- if it states something like "no multiples unless stated on WL" then don't send multiples!!

I have what can be considered a difficult WL but I have a ton of coupons on my WL and I state at the top of my list that I'm open to adding more if needed. I would prefer a rider or conductor to PM me if there was a problem with my WL than go straight to a moderator, and if I'm conducting a train I would hope that my riders know that I'm always open to PM's and I will always try to help if I can.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

very well said

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I ALWAYS when conducting trains tell my riders if they are having problems with someones wishlist please contact me and I will either om the rider or help with coupons if I can. I ALSO when riding a train state if you need more ideas let me know. That being sent I hope pixel you didn't send me a FPC due to thinking my wishlist is hard if so I will mail it back to you because as I said to MANY people I have no problem with stamps. Due to me condensing I don't ALWAYS have a HUGE wishlist but didn't think it was unfair wishlist
    fitzgirl and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

sheets, all of the PMs were general
    In some cases when I asked them for examples, they linked to trains they were not even riding, just the blatant examples / cases where someone mentioned it in the train thread
    But it is more of a general theme
    PammieD and chesterjes like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I ALWAYS when conducting trains tell my riders if they are having problems with someones wishlist please contact me and I will either om the rider or help with coupons if I can. I ALSO when riding a train state if you need more ideas let me know. That being sent I hope pixel you didn't send me a FPC due to thinking my wishlist is hard if so I will mail it back to you because as I said to MANY people I have no problem with stamps. Due to me condensing I don't ALWAYS have a HUGE wishlist but didn't think it was unfair.
    Nope, I don't eat fish and you wanted it so I sent it, I sent FPCs to quite a few people on that train - this isn't about me - as you can see from the likes on the OP / replies - there are numerous people who want this reminder posted
    ~ ~ ~

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I don't recall saying it was about you just wanted to make sure ; ) I also don't recall saying it wasn't a good post I think it is excellent I HATE giving up my personal stash to the same people who can't expand their wishlists

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks
    FallenPixels likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Thanks for posting this! I'm having this issue on my own trains, as well as on the trains by some other conductors.

I'd like to just add, as well, that it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as a conductor that when a rider sends me an unreasonable wishlist and I email them back citing which coupons are unicorns or have expired.... DON"T write me back arguing about how every single coupon is valid because your brother's friend's cousin's girlfriend called the company---just add some more coupons by looking at the 2013 Scan thread or at the other wishlists already posted.

I admit that I haven't been as pro-active as I could be in making sure all wishlists have atleast 30 easy to find coupons, mainly because underneith my y exterior, I'm a bit sensitive and I don't like the back lash from certain riders.... but I will be from now on

In fact.... I think I have a new train idea coming on.....

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    I'd like to just add, as well, that it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine as a conductor that when a rider sends me an unreasonable wishlist and I email them back citing which coupons are unicorns or have expired.... DON"T write me back arguing about how every single coupon is valid because your brother's friend's cousin's girlfriend called the company---just add some more coupons by looking at the 2013 Scan thread or at the other wishlists already posted.

I admit that I haven't been as pro-active as I could be in making sure all wishlists have atleast 30 easy to find coupons, mainly because underneith my exterior, I'm a bit sensitive and I don't like the back lash from certain riders.... but I will be from now on

I agree completely, that is what I have found too. I use to send lists back far more often, but I am sick of constantly getting argued with about it!

I will send more lists back now for revision and include a link to this thread (along with the 2013 scan thread -which I always include anyways)

thank you for posting FallenPixels -everyone needed a reminder.
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, May 22nd, 2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I know it wasn't directed at anyone specific, pix I'm glad to see this post, I've seen some crazy wish lists!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am fine with people running unicorn/FPC trains if they want to - but don't join them if you aren't willing to follow the rules and conductors, you set the rules make them stick to them.

Even with a regular list, you could be sending a HV/FPC 3pointer and getting reg coupons back, but then it is your choice and not forced by the nature of the wishlist
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I know it wasn't directed at anyone specific, pix I'm glad to see this post, I've seen some crazy wish lists!!
    One I was sent, I checked against the coupon scan and of 40 coupons, there are only scans of 5 - yes we all know the FPC for ketchup exists, but who is really giving it up on a reg VWT not knowing what they will get back etc
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    I agree completely, that is what I have found too. I use to send lists back far more often, but I am sick of constantly getting argued with about it!

I will send more lists back now for revision and include a link to this thread (along with the 2013 scan thread -which I always include anyways)

thank you for posting FallenPixels -everyone needed a reminder.
    I have been asked to revise my wishlist add something i may have forgotten or was omitted due to the rules of a previous train, and have and will continue to adjust it accordingly, i tAke no offense at all I actually feel bad that I made the error in the first place ,
    you know you go back through your wishlist and make sure its up to date and always seem to miss something especially when riding more than one train
    its easy to go in for a unicorn train and add unicorns or a simple style of no $ amounts but when you have to make sure there are x number of websaver or other online coupons but when riding an on going one like the exchange train i have my wishlist set as rrrlf rrlf and rlf which are equal to 3, 2, & 1 but for a points train it needs to be stated understandably, and I have done so happily
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information