• 2 Post By mrsJOEwackIM
  • 1 Post By greeke33
  • 1 Post By walkinglady
  • 1 Post By GoddessDigi
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu

Thread: Relief -TY Sears Liquidation-Now need Your Help

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My DS just turned 6 mths yesterday & I've been searching for 3 white curtains for his room waaaay before he was born. I've bought blackout curtains on two different occasions but returned them as try weren't suitable & the ones through Sears.ca were very expensive... Yesterday I told DH to take DS & myself to the Sears Liquidation store (Queen/Hansen) & he'd come back for us once his short shift ended at work . Got some great deals including a nice Father's Day gift(a Kenneth Cole top reg $38 for $9.72 & couple Emma & Jack 2 PC sets for DS @ $5.72 ea.....It doesn't stop there.. I ventured into the Bedding section & saw a bin with white foam-back curtains by Sears Home Kids. They were reg $39.99 but now priced @ $9.99 ea + BOG 2nd @ 50 % off. I was happy until I noticed the horizontal ruffles(3 thin strips but will ruin panels if I remove them)I thought it made it a bit feminine but for a baby I could get away.I called over a sales associate (think she's on mgmt team) & asked her opinion.She concurred & then started to apologize. I said no biggie , you are just being honest. I knew in my head I wasn't gonna leave them behind. She then suggested that I could add "baby boy" decorations & we thought of sport appliqués. A light bulb went off & I figure I" ll adorn them with big blue buttons(baby blue colour)..That will work but I need to know where I can find these besides Michaels & Fabricland.....I'm soooooo happy with the PRICE /QUALITY of these (casing me to do happy dance though I'm lying down )& that his room is almost finished(once buttons found)....Please, please LMK....
    BTW if you've never been to this store , you need to try it once...always a deal at hand...u can't go wrong shopping here.
    This thread is currently associated with: Michaels Arts and Crafts, Sears

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

would love a pic to see
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

You can buy craft buttons cheap at Orientaltrading.com They have all kinds of them. The package below is $7.25 although it is US, I would highly doubt it would trigger and customs/duty. Walmart could be an option too....craft section.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/shape...tr?Ntt=buttons

Name:  buttons.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  2.0 KB

Oops! That's a tiny picture...check out the link
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what a great find.. just in time too.. unfortunately our days of finding any good deals at our local SO are over.. they've now come nearly full swing into heh you like this item.. and the special price.. well you can have it as long as you use a credit card.. um no thanks.. for years though i bought bikes, jewellery, snow suits for next to nothing. haven't been in quite some time..
    as for the buttons.. what size are you looking for. that would help to steer you in the right direction.. the OT link above is a great place to start though. btw good luck and congrats.
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That sounds adorable ! Sometimes just tying in the buttons with the rim of the lampshade or buttons on dresser drawers. I love Pottery Barn for inspiration.

And the Sears outlets are great, we had some here in Ottawa but were phased out and we used to go to Toronto a few times a year and would find so many great things, It's fun to scour and hunt for little treasures. Glad to hear your found your curtains. Post the photos, we would love to see. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your little one. Lucky duck.
    Shirnette likes this.

littlegoogi
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I would try dollar store some times they have buttons in the craft isle and sometime even in the kids isle. Cant wait to see pics great score
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Walmart craft section sometimes has nice buttons and other trims.
    Shirnette likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

I would try dollar tree they seem to have a lot of craft stuff. Good luck finding them and I would love to see a picture of them all done.
    Shirnette likes this.
    Come trade with me I have a lot to trade
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/360409-...a/#post5528583

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    would love a pic to see
    Thanks for the positive feedback, thumbs up & likes. Here are pictures of the panels (rod top)prior to my project. Each measures 50" x 84 ", 100% cotton(feels like sateen) & blocks out light . The photos show the 3 ruffle strips towards the lower part of the panel. I'm thinking of using buttons the size of a quarter (coin)..If I can't find buttons & if I can actually remove it, I could have blue ribbon trim stitched in the space. The theme in his room is "Bunnies" & I have stickers of "Nutbrown Hare- Guess How Much I Love U" on a strip of white paint (going around the room,with blue paint above it & soft green paint below it).
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    I <3 coupons likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I don't think those are girly at all. Just classy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

You could try fabric paint along the ruffles or in between in the colours of the room. You can find them at Michaels, Fabricland, Walmart or Dollar Stores. Good luck with your project. I'm sure it going to look amazing!
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great deal OP! You might find a sports or cars themed ribbon and sew it on top of the ruffles (it might be too much work). Anyway the curtains look great now and I am sure even better when you finish the project. Thank you for posting.
    Shirnette likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Fabric Land should have them, pretty sure I saw them last time I was in there (like..2 months ago).
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

You might try Good Will or Value Village or Salvation Army - sometimes they have bags of buttons for a reasonable price.
    Shirnette likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Thread Information