User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: To Lurk or not to Lurk???

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Expired
    When I first staring couponing I was very shy and didn’t want anyone knowing what my part time hobby was, which was couponing. I was a lurker for years and finally got the guts to become a member back in early of 2011. I was so excited about sharing my deals and loading pictures on SC to share with everyone! Overall the response was extremely positive and encouraging and I met a lot of new friends. ~Happy Days~

Things have changed. I’ve held back on sharing so many deals lately because there are SO many negative comments being said by ‘certain members’ especially in the bragging section! Nobody wants to share their brags anymore in the fear of the backlash or the massive tsunami that will bring them down to the ground. This not just my own perspective on how things have been running in here lately but an overall consensuses of many SC members I have personally spoken to face to face lately with.

SC should be a place where new friends are found nationwide. Friends that share about saving money. Friends that talk openly about deals so others can benefit from them, without ridicule. Something just has to be done about all of these negative posts especially in the bragging forum as this is becoming a major problem. I may just turn into a lurker again myself, if things don't change soon ...

Snow In Summer

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ottawa, walkonby, ticul and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'd report these posts to the mods stating your concerns. There are rules on various SC forums stating that negativity, unbrags, attacks, etc are not allowed.

Here's the sticky about this from the Brags Forum...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/92536-w...-first-canada/
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah! I like brags, nothing more fun that imagining the smug face of the bragger posting!!!!

I'd look at it this way. The more negative the comments from the itchy underwear crew... the better your brag is! Hence, no negative comment, then your brag is lame!

Yahoo!!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yeah! I like brags, nothing more fun that imagining the smug face of the bragger posting!!!!

I'd look at it this way. The more negative the comments from the itchy underwear crew... the better your brag is! Hence, no negative comment, then your brag is lame!

Yahoo!!!
    lol Well I think I'm going to stick to posting in the games room for now on as its safer and people are a LOT nicer!!!
    Personally I think there should be repercussions for negative posts. 1st offense-1day ban, 2nd offense-1 week ban, etc.
    I've spoken at at least a dozen people now who all feel the same way, it's not just me. Something has to change ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that there is a difference between an attack and someone voicing their opinion, and a lot of people really need to relax and understand that we all have opinions and have the right to voice them.

If a person so sensitive and is not able to handle an opinion that does not agree with theirs, or gets upset because they are attacked because they have knowingly done something wrong, then they should not be posting those sorts of things. I have never seen someone get attacked on here for doing the right thing.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I love reading about others brags! I say keep them coming!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't brag as much anymore because I was tried in a kangaroo court not too long ago. I've got a good one this weekend, lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I think that there is a difference between an attack and someone voicing their opinion.
    I do agree. It is all about delivery. Example

Human 1: I like red underwear
    Human 2: Red underwear is offensive and stupid

^^^ IMO, there is no manners in that and human #2 should use restraint

Human 1: I like red underwear
    Human 2: My preference is purple underwear, unless I am wearing it, then I prefer blue.

^^^ IMO (in my opinion) that is expressing opinion in a proper way here.

What do you think?

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... I agree with vesper's comment above. However I_forget's statement "If a person so sensitive and is not able to handle an opinion that does not agree with theirs" .. "then they should not be posting those sorts of things" I do not agree with. As someone who is sensitive, I read this as I do not have a right to post anything, because there may be someone who doesn't agree with me. So if we can't handle someone potentially disagreeing with us, we aren't allowed to share? But I will say that I have read through some brags after posting my own once, and have seen some OP's excitement completely disappear after just a few comments. I share my brags with couponing friends I know personally and that's about it.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I think that there is a difference between an attack and someone voicing their opinion, and a lot of people really need to relax and understand that we all have opinions and have the right to voice them.

If a person so sensitive and is not able to handle an opinion that does not agree with theirs, or gets upset because they are attacked because they have knowingly done something wrong, then they should not be posting those sorts of things. I have never seen someone get attacked on here for doing the right thing.
    I am an extremely tolerant person, being the owner of 2 property management companies for the past two decades. I am certainly not too sensitive in taking criticism or dealing with difficult people, as I do this on a daily basis through work. However the dynamics of this particle forum has changed over the years and I would like to see back to where it once was, which was a fun place to share our brags with friends, without having negative comments from the peanut gallery. Vesper is correct in his examples. People are entitled to have an opinion but how you communicate that opinion in writing should be carefully reviewed.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

are we talking about the people who post when they think someone is using a coupon inappropriately. Because TBH I do get sick of seeing coupons misused and do a silent clap when someone brings it up. If you used a coupon inappropriately, and it has been beaten to death 100 other times *cough* zantac...then you take the chance of being called out.

and to be fair..i kind of think of these posts as offensive to the "certain members" you are talking about..if ever an issue with certain members posting things, take it to the mods
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Thu, Jun 27th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    ... I agree with vesper's comment above. However I_forget's statement "If a person so sensitive and is not able to handle an opinion that does not agree with theirs" .. "then they should not be posting those sorts of things" I do not agree with. As someone who is sensitive, I read this as I do not have a right to post anything, because there may be someone who doesn't agree with me. So if we can't handle someone potentially disagreeing with us, we aren't allowed to share? But I will say that I have read through some brags after posting my own once, and have seen some OP's excitement completely disappear after just a few comments. I share my brags with couponing friends I know personally and that's about it.
    I am sorry that my comment was misunderstood. It is well within your right to voice your opinion, as I stated in the first paragraph. So please do not feel offended.

What I said in the second paragraph means that if a person is not able to have another person disagree with them then they should refrain from posting things that will garner negative attention because they are just setting themselves up for having an unpleasant experience. Also people who knowingly post brags about doing things that are illegal should also refrain because they too are setting themselves up.
    This statement was not about rights, but about personal responsibility and knowing ones self and our personal limitations.

I personally feel that people need to be responsible for their own actions.
    If I walk into the road without looking and get hit by a car, it is my fault.
    If I do not like the taste of fish, I am not going to eat it.....not eat it willingly and then complain about how much I hate it.
    Last edited by i_forget; Thu, Jun 27th, 2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Edit my typos.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I said in the second paragraph means that if a person is not able to have another person disagree with them then they should refrain from posting things.
    I read that part, and I do agree. That is why I don't wear my hot pink shirt in public, I can't handle the uncontrolable smiles from the farmers wives

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I love reading brags. I am still scared of using more than couple of coupons at a time but I am starting to look for deals that others have posted about when I go shopping. I also find them I am learning from how people shop and also find them very entertaining.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I agree with this topic.. unfortunately most lurk..

There is a punishment for the negative posters.. if we report them they do get a temporary ban.. the problem is most dont report them.. so peeps REPORT them..

The people who voice their negative opinions havent read the rules or think they don't apply to them. If they can't make a congrats response they arent supposed to respond.. if they genuinely believe its a bad thing they are supposed to contact a mod.. otherwise they are supposed to hush and click the x.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information