User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: To Lurk or not to Lurk???

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    I just made my point! If you personally don’t care what you post and how it makes others feel in here, then I would recommend that you don’t post at all. To have a Mod actually like this comment is also pretty disturbing
    actually what my comment actually means is that if I DO in fact decide to post a brag, I'm not sensitive enough to be offended when the negative people come out.

What I actually suggest is that if YOU are so sensitive you need to complain on a forum about people "hurting your feelings" you not post.. This isn't the UN no one needs to be diplomatic. It's cyberspace.

BTW your post does relate directly back to each of those threads because really the only time "negative" people complain is when someone is abusing a certain product or clearing a shelf.
    angel_2011 and i_forget like this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    I just made my point! If you personally don’t care what you post and how it makes others feel in here, then I would recommend that you don’t post at all. To have a Mod actually like this comment is also pretty disturbing.

FOR THE RECORD this thread is NOT about Zantac, Weed-B-Gon, or using Rexall coupons to buy free Lysol at Walmart, buying 250 cases of free Ice tea or buying bladder control Tena’s for free groceries Wal-mart. This thread is about making people more aware that all of the negative comments have to stop as, it does affect others and nobody wants to post their brags anymore because of it.

If you have something to say, say it diplomatically and if you can’t, then don’t say it at all.

Here here! If you are willing to openly admit that you don't care about other users, then why should I bother writing posts?
    Snow In Summer likes this.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

and my final comment for this thread is... its okay for you to post a negative rant about "certain members" (your words not mine) and their negative comments basically bashing what they say...but its not okay for them to call someone out on coupon abuse in the bragging threads?! Pot meet kettle.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    and my final comment for this thread is... its okay for you to post a negative rant about "certain members" (your words not mine) and their negative comments basically bashing what they say...but its not okay for them to call someone out on coupon abuse in the bragging threads?! Pot meet kettle.
    she never said it was bad to call someone out on an improper coupon usage. However, to constently bombard that person with negative comments, accusations, harassment, questions about morals, and generally making assumptions about how 'good' or 'bad' that person is at couponing or even in life is wrong. Sometimes these comments go on for pages before a mod intervenes, and that is a form of harassment and bullying. so, that's why the question is to lurk or not to lurk. Once you've made a mistake, no one forgives you for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Love and peace to all

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I liked the comment about the gong show the weed b gon turned into - as a member, not as a mod (and all my likes are such too - we are allowed opinions, we are not paid as mods and are members as everyone else) - you just chose to quote a partial quote and then call me out for it?

This thread itself was reported to me as negative and bashing other members, I allowed it to stay as there is an issue of negativity that needs to be addressed, and as I stated above, I was commenting as a member not as a mod.

As I stated, not everything needs to be taken as so negative. Sometimes people just do not know that the coupon was wrong. I myself used a coupon recently and the cashier told me it was one per customer when I had used 3 the week before at once. It was tiny small print in a huge block of text - I just didn't realize - it happens. But you cannot say the negativity is not about abuse or excessive amounts as there are many many legit brags where there is no negativity.

As I also said before, we rarely get reports about brags, there are only a few active mods, we cannot be everywhere, we have jobs etc - if something upsets you, report it and we can deal with it, but it will be a judgement call on whether it is really an attack as there is something to be said for ensuring that coupon abuse is not promoted. There are remarks here that people are bombarded with negative remarks, but we do not hear about them so we can't do anything about them.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mod hat on:
    That being said, I have mentioned this to Boo and this thread has turned sour so I am expiring it
    Jezebel, angel_2011 and K8's Fate like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information