User Tag List

Page 14 of 654 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was suppose to go out tonight and have a good time....but my mother was rear ended today and cannot watch my kids....so I am home
    vesper likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Cable, On Demand, and Netflix. Nothing to watch
    ninna and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ended up breaking into my own home after I locked my keys inside. Thankfully the bathroom window wasn't locked and isn't too high. And that my fiancé was there to give me a boost.
    Last edited by alicia; Fri, Jun 28th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Jezebel, Angela273, ninna and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Ended up breaking into my own home after I locked my keys inside. Thankfully the bathroom window wasn't locked and isn't too high. And that my fiancé was there to give me a boost.
    *giggles* This happens to DH ALL the time- house, cars. You name it, he's locked himself out of it. Gheesh. I haven't had to climb in any windows since I was a teenager. bahahaha.

Glad to hear you got in ok though!
    Jezebel, alicia and wolfwoman like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i-forget, i hope your mom is ok.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i-forget, i hope your mom is ok.
    Thank you

She is alive. Whacked her head pretty hard.

I gave her a car a few years ago, so she was driving it and was really upset because it was her baby and is probably a write off.....but I hope it is not because I do not want to have to drive her around.
    Jezebel, PurpleBunny89 and vesper like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I hate hate HATE when people who have (legitimate) handicapped signs for their cars park in handicapped spaces but the handicapped person does not ever get out of the car. I see this constantly at grocery stores, the other passengers get out and go do the shopping, and the handicapped person sits in the car. They were never going to get out of the vehicle in the first place, they simply came along so the able-bodied rest of the family could get a prime parking spot.

More than once I've seen a handicapped person have to park in a regular spot (usually nowhere near the handicapped designated spots, either!) and have to get from there into the store or business, usually with quite extreme difficulty, because of people doing this.

I know I don't know everyone's situation on sight and things may not always be as they appear, but I find it pretty rude when I see disabled people who are not needing to be close to the entrance of a building because they're not getting out of the car take up a handicapped spot just so their family can park close to the doors. You'd think they know how that feels and never want to do that to anyone else.
    People seeing me go into a store might wonder why I`m parked in a reserved spot. However if they saw me come back after doing my shopping they would know why.
    Jezebel and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

miss toodles has a cold... poor lil girlie has to deal with nose poop constantly sneaking out
    Jezebel, i_forget and vesper like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I hate hate HATE when people who have (legitimate) handicapped signs for their cars park in handicapped spaces but the handicapped person does not ever get out of the car. I see this constantly at grocery stores, the other passengers get out and go do the shopping, and the handicapped person sits in the car. They were never going to get out of the vehicle in the first place, they simply came along so the able-bodied rest of the family could get a prime parking spot.

More than once I've seen a handicapped person have to park in a regular spot (usually nowhere near the handicapped designated spots, either!) and have to get from there into the store or business, usually with quite extreme difficulty, because of people doing this.

I know I don't know everyone's situation on sight and things may not always be as they appear, but I find it pretty rude when I see disabled people who are not needing to be close to the entrance of a building because they're not getting out of the car take up a handicapped spot just so their family can park close to the doors. You'd think they know how that feels and never want to do that to anyone else.
    I rarely see this happen where I live...the disabled person being left in the car.

I am the person in our family who has a "legitimate" wheelchair accessible sign for my truck. I survived SICU in 2007. In the words of my hemitologist: there are three similar cases to mine ever in all of Canada. I was given 1 in 1,000,000 chance of making it out alive, let alone with my leg (which I still have by the way). I am on injection-blood thinners which are typically only used for the length of a pregnancy, but I have currently been on them for 5.5yrs. My leg causes me pain every day...some days the pain is MUCH worse than others. If I fall or get injured I am at risk of hemorrhaging to death and there is nothing that can be done to stop it until I am hooked up to an IV at the hospital that will counteract my blood-thinners. I am 28yrs old and have our 9 month old son with me most of the time when I go out. I am not what appears to be a "disabled" person.

Sometimes it really bothers me...the way that people (particularly older people) stare as I get in or out of my vehicle...trying to assess if I should be using a sign or if they think it belongs to another person.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So the lady I have been kind of seeing (aka... my almost girlfriend) went out tonight for the express purpose of finally letting my funny hands have some action! Packed up a sleeping bag, heading to the country to have a little fun under the BRIGHT northern lights and bright 60% moon. FUN FUN FUN!

However, it seems to be a freak year for mosquitoes, so I never even got her top off when we decided that wasn't working, tried to fit in back seat of my car... that wasn't working... made reservations at nice hotel in Moose Jaw... we drove an hour to town.... got to hotel, only to discover my tire is pretty much flat and so I drive to gas station to put air in it, but it is no use... requires spare.

By the time I got the spare on, it's past 2AM, I smell like bug spray and grease, so we get into hotel room and lady falls asleep.

Shoot! Darn! Nuts! Zoot Alores! Cripes! Boggity Boggity Boo!!!

I guess it was not meant to be!! Ha ha!! Darn! Yahoo!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Freaking neighbors are pasturing 40 cow/calf pairs for the summer again. I wouldn't care except we are on the same water table as them and it affects my water supply! 80 freaking cows can drink a lot of water when they all decide to drink at the same time.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    People seeing me go into a store might wonder why I`m parked in a reserved spot. However if they saw me come back after doing my shopping they would know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I rarely see this happen where I live...the disabled person being left in the car.

I am the person in our family who has a "legitimate" wheelchair accessible sign for my truck. I survived SICU in 2007. In the words of my hemitologist: there are three similar cases to mine ever in all of Canada. I was given 1 in 1,000,000 chance of making it out alive, let alone with my leg (which I still have by the way). I am on injection-blood thinners which are typically only used for the length of a pregnancy, but I have currently been on them for 5.5yrs. My leg causes me pain every day...some days the pain is MUCH worse than others. If I fall or get injured I am at risk of hemorrhaging to death and there is nothing that can be done to stop it until I am hooked up to an IV at the hospital that will counteract my blood-thinners. I am 28yrs old and have our 9 month old son with me most of the time when I go out. I am not what appears to be a "disabled" person.

Sometimes it really bothers me...the way that people (particularly older people) stare as I get in or out of my vehicle...trying to assess if I should be using a sign or if they think it belongs to another person.
    I hope I didn't offend, I wasn't intending to. I have no doubt that a lot of handicaps can be less obvious than others and don't judge on sight.

I should have been a little more clear; I know a couple of the disabled people from seeing them around town so I know they're disabled for sure, and I know their family members aren't. And regularly when I'm at a place like Superstore where the parking lot is usually packed, I'll see them taking a nap in the passenger side of their vehicle or reading the paper while their family shops, sitting in a handicapped spot.

They simply do not need the spot. The disabled person is not exiting the vehicle at any time and the able-bodied rest of the family could walk an extra 50 feet to a regular spot. But instead they seem to see no problem in taking the spot from somebody else who IS getting out of the car. I think that's just careless to other people who are struggling to actually get around and could really use that spot.
    Angela273, Zonny and saddlebag like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

No power and no water since last night.

Seems a pipe burst/broke and when they were digging to repair the pipe (for the water) they severed a power line. We finally have our power restored but still no water and its been over 24 hours. There was no warning about the no water situation.

Its really quite surprising to find just how reliant you are on both power and water. No showers, no brushing teeth, no cooking, no toilets. Thank bananas for the flashlight app LOL!
    Jezebel, xox2010, i_forget and 2 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hope I didn't offend, I wasn't intending to. I have no doubt that a lot of handicaps can be less obvious than others and don't judge on sight.

I should have been a little more clear; I know a couple of the disabled people from seeing them around town so I know they're disabled for sure, and I know their family members aren't. And regularly when I'm at a place like Superstore where the parking lot is usually packed, I'll see them taking a nap in the passenger side of their vehicle or reading the paper while their family shops, sitting in a handicapped spot.

They simply do not need the spot. The disabled person is not exiting the vehicle at any time and the able-bodied rest of the family could walk an extra 50 feet to a regular spot. But instead they seem to see no problem in taking the spot from somebody else who IS getting out of the car. I think that's just careless to other people who are struggling to actually get around and could really use that spot.
    No offense taken. I know what it`s like to not be able to get a spot because they`re full. I have seen people park in them because they`re only running in real quick to get something but in the meantime it`s unavailable to someone who does need it.
    Jezebel, xox2010 and saddlebag like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Co-workers who smoke on their breaks and then immediately return inside and proceed to stand as close to me as possible and try to carry on a conversation.
    They stink so bad. Their clothing smells awful. Their breath reeks like they ate an ashtray and I can't say a word to them because I don't want to come across as rude.

If you are a smoker and don't think you stink. Chances are you are wrong. Just because you can't smell it doesn't mean you don't stink. Trust me.

Page 14 of 654 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast

Thread Information