User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Used Clothing

Nat
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Who wears/purchases used clothing and isn't afraid of admitting it?... Or are you a brand name only person? I was watching trading spouses the other day and this one mother and daughter basically would not wear anything without a brand name... it's kind of shocking that people are that fussy when there are some individuals who barely have anything.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Prue
    I don't really go for brand names that much, could not care less about what the label inside my shirt says. However, I don't wear used clothing either; I've never even been to Value Village (though I keep meaning to check it out!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it looks clean..and I like it.. I'll wear it.

Was wearing a shirt that had belonged to my brothers gf today.

I have other things from people. (granny, mum, sister, brother, dad ) some of these things are really cool (A Beaver Lumber Jersey a Micky Mouse T-shirt that me and my siblings have all wore, the belts I usually wear were my grannys, the cool bags I have were my mum's when she was a teenager....) Clothing with a story is awesome!!!! Got alot of cool jewlery this way too!

Second hand stores.. got some brand names from before.. who can turn their nose up at a $3 Roots sweater!??? (it seemed new too..i don't think it had been through the wash..) Le Chateau pants, a kilt (ok.. I haven't worn this.. but when it was 36 pounds from Scotland, with the tags attached, paying $3 was a-ok with me!!!)

I've been to Value Village sayy...3 times in my life. I prefer the smaller local ones.. (not that I go there much either..maybe once a year?!) They tend to have better (ie cheaper) prices, and often are charitable.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe it's an arts thing... but most people I know exclaim "and it's from Value Village, and it was ______ dollars"....or maybe thats a student thing

Prue
    The smaller one's sound more appealing to me too, though I do want to check out Value Village. One of my best friends has gotten a lot of really cool stuff there!

Nat
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't mind used clothing... don't care about what the label says and I love deals. I've been in value village a fews times... I don't think I've gotten anything (clothing wise). I know many other people who have gotten great deals, but I find it smells quite gross in ours. Thumbs up to the charitable smaller stores though!!

bcteagirl
    I combine both, most tops from the village, most bottoms new. I have Ralph Lauren and Esprit sweaters from the village, both about 5$

Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I sometimes wear brand name clothing but I don't mind wearing second hand clothes...as long as it's clean & in good condition. And really, who can pass up a good deal on clothes?

Nat
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklicious View Post
    I sometimes wear brand name clothing but I don't mind wearing second hand clothes...as long as it's clean & in good condition. And really, who can pass up a good deal on clothes?
    Clearly none of us can pass it up

Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Clearly none of us can pass it up
    That's why we're smart canucks.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i use my sister hand me downs.! i love her clothes !!!

bcteagirl
    Also occurs to me that buying used clothing or really any used items is more environmentally friendly than new.

Julie Andrews
    I will use used clothing only if i know the previous owner. But I also don't wear brand names... I don't really care for them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a bargain shopper all the way. Value Village is my second home! I generally shop at Target, Walmart, Value Village, Sally Ann etc etc. Sometimes Garage Sales have something funky to offer.

Oh I also like outlet stores not so much for the brand but more for the cheap prices on stuffs I can wriggle my ass into LMAO

~~added after~~

OH and raiding my friends closets of stuff that doesn't fit them anymore is always fun too. You get to hang out with your friend(s) and get free stuff in the process.
    Last edited by dawnikus; Sun, Jul 8th, 2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: had more to say!
    Nothing lasts forever

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually don't wear anything with visible brand names. (Not on my kiddo either)... personally, if I BUY the clothes, I don't feel like paying to ADVERTISE for the company too. Shouldn't they pay ME for doing that?

I have been shopping at second hand stores my entire life. My mother always got the majority of our clothes from "Frenchies" (if you are a maritimer, ya know what I mean!), and I usually get clothes for my kiddo at "Guys" when I go visit NS. I have also bought used clothes online for my daughter, ebay "lots" and things, as I haven't found any second hand stores nearby.

So, yes, I have no problem admitting to wearing second hand clothes.... who cares if someone else wore it? After you wear it once, even if it was new, it is "pre worn" the next time you wear it! I am CHEAP, and not because I have to. I just don't like spending extra money on clothes for my kid, when she outgrows everything anyways! (Me too, my weight changes alot I used to love value village, but not for clothes, I just like looking at junk! I like Frenchies were you dig through bins for clothes, much more my thing

Ok, babbling

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information